What is allowProductStoreChange field used for?

What is allowProductStoreChange field used for?

Bruno Busco
Hi,
in the WebSite entity there is a field

<field name="allowProductStoreChange" type="indicator"></field>

that I cannot see where is used.
Should we get rid of it?
It seems also a framework dependence on Product application.

Thank you,
Bruno

Re: What is allowProductStoreChange field used for?

David E Jones-3

That is _supposed_ to be used (and used to be used...) in the
ProductStoreCartAwareEvents.setSessionProductStore method, but does
not appear to be any more.

To whoever removed it: was there a reason for it?

We should probably add it back, so if no one comments I'll do so.

On the framework thing: I guess I missed this field when I introduced
the extend-entity stuff. It really should be moved to an extend-entity
thing. Looking at it the productStoreId was moved over, and somehow
this fields was missed... so I just moved it.

-David

On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:

> Hi,
> in the WebSite entity there is a field
>
> <field name="allowProductStoreChange" type="indicator"></field>
>
> that I cannot see where is used.
> Should we get rid of it?
> It seems also a framework dependence on Product application.
>
> Thank you,
> Bruno

Re: What is allowProductStoreChange field used for?

David E Jones-3

No response, so it's back in rev 735396.

-David