What is the use of "Whats New, Default Search, Other Search" Catalog Category Type

What is the use of "Whats New, Default Search, Other Search" Catalog Category Type

Ajey
HI all, Can anyone help me while understanding these Catalog category Type? I want to know what is the basic use of these catalog Category Type and if we use these, how and where products will be displayed in our eommerce site. Please help. Thanx

Re: What is the use of "Whats New, Default Search, Other Search" Catalog Category Type

rajsaini
Name of the categories itself is self explanatory. They are also
explained in Business Setup Guide.

Raj

Ajey wrote:
> HI all,
> Can anyone help me while understanding these Catalog category Type? I want
> to know what is the basic use of these catalog Category Type and if we use
> these, how and where products will be displayed in our eommerce site. Please
> help. Thanx

Re: What is the use of "Whats New, Default Search, Other Search" Catalog Category Type

Ajey
Thanx Raj, but "Whats New" still needs definition because there is no respective reference there. Please help.
Raj Saini wrote
Name of the categories itself is self explanatory. They are also explained in Business Setup Guide. Raj Ajey wrote: > HI all, > Can anyone help me while understanding these Catalog category Type? I want > to know what is the basic use of these catalog Category Type and if we use > these, how and where products will be displayed in our eommerce site. Please > help. Thanx >