Which driver required to export CLOB type field of Oracle?

Which driver required to export CLOB type field of Oracle?

Debmalya Jash

Hello All,
I am facing a problem while exporting CLOB type field in Oracle. I need some
third party driver for this purpose.
Can you kindly mention me which driver I need for this purpose and from
where I can download it?

-thanks & best regards,
Debmalya Jash

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: Which driver required to export CLOB type field of Oracle?

David E Jones-2

I've had success in the past with the DataDirect drivers. They are commercial, but I think it is possible to get a trial license, like a 30 day sort of thing.

-David

Debmalya Jash wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am facing a problem while exporting CLOB type field in Oracle. I need some
> third party driver for this purpose.
> Can you kindly mention me which driver I need for this purpose and from
> where I can download it?
>

> -thanks & best regards,
> Debmalya Jash
>

> ============================================================================================================================
>
> Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.
>

> Disclaimer:
>

> The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.
>

> This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

RE: Which driver required to export CLOB type field of Oracle?

Girish Patil
Debmalya,

If you are using 10g version of oracle-thin driver, it should work fine. Issues is if you try exporting only the Product entity (which has CLOB) then it would not work. You will have to export all the entities and it will work. I had no time to investigate as to why it fails when only the entity having CLOB datatype is selected.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards
Girish