Workaround for broken api links

Jacopo Cappellato
As a workaround, can I commit to svn (ofbiz/site) the site/api folder
containing all the javadocs generated in my local machine?
This will make all the docs available even if it is not optimal since it
is a manual process...

Is it a good thing to have or is it better to wait for a better solution?

Re: Workaround for broken api links

Jacopo Cappellato
The bad thing of this approach is that every time we recreate the docs
we'll have to commit all the files since the javadoc task has no notion
of "changed" files.
So we'll have to limit the number of times we recreate the docs...
hmmmmm...

Jacopo

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> As a workaround, can I commit to svn (ofbiz/site) the site/api folder
> containing all the javadocs generated in my local machine?
> This will make all the docs available even if it is not optimal since it
> is a manual process...
>
> Is it a good thing to have or is it better to wait for a better solution?
>
> Jacopo

Re: Workaround for broken api links

Andrew Sykes
Jacopo,

We're already generating a fresh set of javadocs every 24 hours for
http://www.ofbiz.eu, would it help if we shared these?

If you have any method whereby I can automate an upload I'd be glad to
contribute them.

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Workaround for broken api links

David E Jones-2

This is why I pushed off doing it this way before. It isn't a good
solution and I'm hoping that after we graduate and move to the "final
resting place" for the project that we'll be able to figure out
something more flexible for this part of the site than having
generated files in SVN....

-David

On Sep 2, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> The bad thing of this approach is that every time we recreate the
> docs we'll have to commit all the files since the javadoc task has
> no notion of "changed" files.
> So we'll have to limit the number of times we recreate the docs...
> hmmmmm...
>
> Jacopo
>

> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> As a workaround, can I commit to svn (ofbiz/site) the site/api
>> folder containing all the javadocs generated in my local machine?
>> This will make all the docs available even if it is not optimal
>> since it is a manual process...
>> Is it a good thing to have or is it better to wait for a better
>> solution?
>> Jacopo

Re: Workaround for broken api links

Si Chen-2
Hey speaking of Javadocs what do you think of this: http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-185

Basically changing the build.xml so all the framework and
applications API are in the same place.

Si