XML Exporting View-entities

Bruno Busco
Hi,
I am trying to export a view-entity as XML using the webtools.
I can see a message like "[1] [vvv] ArticoloAndGiacenzaArca2000 skipping
view entity"
that make me think it is not possible to export view entities.
Is it by design? Why?

Thank you,
-Bruno

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

David E Jones

It is certainly possible, but I'm guessing not on that screen. You
didn't mention which screen you were using but I'm guessing it's the
export all screen. You can explicitly select a view entity on the
normal export screen.

-David

On Apr 22, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to export a view-entity as XML using the webtools.
> I can see a message like "[1] [vvv] ArticoloAndGiacenzaArca2000
> skipping
> view entity"
> that make me think it is not possible to export view entities.
> Is it by design? Why?
>
> Thank you,
> -Bruno

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

Bruno Busco
I have tested it again on yesterday SVN trunk again as follows:
1) Go to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/xmldsdump
2) Select "AcctgTransEntryProdSums" (this is a view-entity)
3) Enter a sting in "Output directory" field
4) Press "Export" button

I get the result message:
[1] [vvv] AcctgTransEntryProdSums skipping view entity

-Bruno

2008/4/23 David E Jones <[hidden email]>:

> It is certainly possible, but I'm guessing not on that screen. You didn't
> mention which screen you were using but I'm guessing it's the export all
> screen. You can explicitly select a view entity on the normal export screen.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 22, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to export a view-entity as XML using the webtools.
> > I can see a message like "[1] [vvv] ArticoloAndGiacenzaArca2000 skipping
> > view entity"
> > that make me think it is not possible to export view entities.
> > Is it by design? Why?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > -Bruno

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

BJ Freeman
if you go to
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/entitymaint
and do a find on AcctgTransEntryProdSums
do you see any data?

Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 5:12 AM:

> I have tested it again on yesterday SVN trunk again as follows:
> 1) Go to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/xmldsdump
> 2) Select "AcctgTransEntryProdSums" (this is a view-entity)
> 3) Enter a sting in "Output directory" field
> 4) Press "Export" button
>
> I get the result message:
> [1] [vvv] AcctgTransEntryProdSums skipping view entity
>
> -Bruno
>

> 2008/4/23 David E Jones <[hidden email]>:
>
>> It is certainly possible, but I'm guessing not on that screen. You didn't
>> mention which screen you were using but I'm guessing it's the export all
>> screen. You can explicitly select a view entity on the normal export screen.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Apr 22, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I am trying to export a view-entity as XML using the webtools.
>>> I can see a message like "[1] [vvv] ArticoloAndGiacenzaArca2000 skipping
>>> view entity"
>>> that make me think it is not possible to export view entities.
>>> Is it by design? Why?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> -Bruno

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

Bruno Busco
No,
there is no records for this entity view, i selected this view-item because
it is the first in the list.

I did the same test with entity AgreementItemAndProductAppl that contains
one record and I get the same message:
[1] [vvv] AgreementItemAndProductAppl skipping view entity
(and empty output folder)

-Bruno

2008/4/23 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:

> if you go to
> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/entitymaint
> and do a find on AcctgTransEntryProdSums
> do you see any data?
>
> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 5:12 AM:
> > I have tested it again on yesterday SVN trunk again as follows:
> > 1) Go to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/xmldsdump
> > 2) Select "AcctgTransEntryProdSums" (this is a view-entity)
> > 3) Enter a sting in "Output directory" field
> > 4) Press "Export" button
> >
> > I get the result message:
> > [1] [vvv] AcctgTransEntryProdSums skipping view entity
> >
> > -Bruno
> >

> > 2008/4/23 David E Jones <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> It is certainly possible, but I'm guessing not on that screen. You
> didn't
> >> mention which screen you were using but I'm guessing it's the export
> all
> >> screen. You can explicitly select a view entity on the normal export
> screen.
> >>
> >> -David

> skipping

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

BJ Freeman
here is why
      ModelEntity me = delegator.getModelEntity(curEntityName);
                        if (me instanceof ModelViewEntity) {
                            results.add("["+fileNumber +"] [vvv] " +
curEntityName + " skipping view entity");
                            continue;

Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 10:10 AM:

> No,
> there is no records for this entity view, i selected this view-item because
> it is the first in the list.
>
> I did the same test with entity AgreementItemAndProductAppl that contains
> one record and I get the same message:
> [1] [vvv] AgreementItemAndProductAppl skipping view entity
> (and empty output folder)
>
> -Bruno
>
> 2008/4/23 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:
>
>> if you go to
>> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/entitymaint
>> and do a find on AcctgTransEntryProdSums
>> do you see any data?
>>
>> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 5:12 AM:
>>> I have tested it again on yesterday SVN trunk again as follows:
>>> 1) Go to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/xmldsdump
>>> 2) Select "AcctgTransEntryProdSums" (this is a view-entity)
>>> 3) Enter a sting in "Output directory" field
>>> 4) Press "Export" button
>>>
>>> I get the result message:
>>> [1] [vvv] AcctgTransEntryProdSums skipping view entity
>>>
>>> -Bruno

>> didn't
>> all
>> screen.

>> skipping

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

Bruno Busco
So it seems to be by design...but it could definetely be usefull to export
view-entities.
Should I file a "bug" or a "New feature" issue ? ;-)

-Bruno

2008/4/23 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:

> here is why
>      ModelEntity me = delegator.getModelEntity(curEntityName);
>                        if (me instanceof ModelViewEntity) {
>                            results.add("["+fileNumber +"] [vvv] " +
> curEntityName + " skipping view entity");
>                            continue;
>

> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 10:10 AM:
> > No,
> > there is no records for this entity view, i selected this view-item
> because
> > it is the first in the list.
> >
> > I did the same test with entity AgreementItemAndProductAppl that
> contains
> > one record and I get the same message:
> > [1] [vvv] AgreementItemAndProductAppl skipping view entity
> > (and empty output folder)
> >
> > -Bruno
> >
> > 2008/4/23 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> if you go to
> >> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/entitymaint
> >> and do a find on AcctgTransEntryProdSums
> >> do you see any data?
> >>
> >> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 5:12 AM:

> >> didn't
> >> all
> >> screen.

> >> skipping

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

BJ Freeman
it is not a bug
if you read the code is has todo with some databased don't work.

Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:33 PM:

> So it seems to be by design...but it could definetely be usefull to export
> view-entities.
> Should I file a "bug" or a "New feature" issue ? ;-)
>
> -Bruno
>
> 2008/4/23 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:
>
>> here is why
>>      ModelEntity me = delegator.getModelEntity(curEntityName);
>>                        if (me instanceof ModelViewEntity) {
>>                            results.add("["+fileNumber +"] [vvv] " +
>> curEntityName + " skipping view entity");
>>                            continue;
>>

>> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 10:10 AM:
>>> No,
>>> there is no records for this entity view, i selected this view-item
>> because
>>> it is the first in the list.
>>>
>>> I did the same test with entity AgreementItemAndProductAppl that
>> contains
>>> one record and I get the same message:
>>> [1] [vvv] AgreementItemAndProductAppl skipping view entity
>>> (and empty output folder)
>>>
>>> -Bruno

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

BJ Freeman
You can how ever comment it out if you DB will support the feature.
be sure to do some testing on a test db before you try it on a live on.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:45 PM:

> it is not a bug
> if you read the code is has todo with some databased don't work.
>
> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:33 PM:
>> So it seems to be by design...but it could definetely be usefull to export
>> view-entities.
>> Should I file a "bug" or a "New feature" issue ? ;-)
>>
>> -Bruno
>>
>> 2008/4/23 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> here is why
>>>      ModelEntity me = delegator.getModelEntity(curEntityName);
>>>                        if (me instanceof ModelViewEntity) {
>>>                            results.add("["+fileNumber +"] [vvv] " +
>>> curEntityName + " skipping view entity");
>>>                            continue;
>>>

>>> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 10:10 AM:
>>> because

>>> contains

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

David E Jones

Huh? What does this have to do with the database?

Chances are there is just some code somewhere that looks for view-entities and decided not to export them (which is the default on the export all page, but shouldn't be enforced on the explicit entity select import page).

-David

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:50:32 -0700, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can how ever comment it out if you DB will support the feature.
> be sure to do some testing on a test db before you try it on a live on.
>
> BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:45 PM:
>> it is not a bug
>> if you read the code is has todo with some databased don't work.
>>
>> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:33 PM:
>>> So it seems to be by design...but it could definetely be usefull to
> export
>>> view-entities.
>>> Should I file a "bug" or a "New feature" issue ? ;-)
>>>
>>> -Bruno

> export
> export

Re: XML Exporting View-entities [RESOLVED]

Yes, and BJ rightly pointed out the code snippet precedently. It's in WebToolsServices.entityExportAll

And you explained also before that it's possible to do from the normal export screen

>> export
>> export

I'm not the sole one tired it seems :o)

Jacques

From: <[hidden email]>

> Huh? What does this have to do with the database?
>
> Chances are there is just some code somewhere that looks for view-entities and decided not to export them (which is the default on
> the export all page, but shouldn't be enforced on the explicit entity select import page).
>
> -David
>

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:50:32 -0700, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You can how ever comment it out if you DB will support the feature.
>> be sure to do some testing on a test db before you try it on a live on.
>>
>> BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:45 PM:
>>> it is not a bug
>>> if you read the code is has todo with some databased don't work.
>>>
>>> Bruno Busco sent the following on 4/23/2008 12:33 PM:
>> export

>> export
>> export

Re: XML Exporting View-entities

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Bruno,

this would be a nice feature but before we can really export all the
view entities we have to resolve the error that is happening is some
of them when you try to view the data from the Webtools.
The error is happening when in a view entity containing aggregated
fields (group by or count, sime, min etcc) and non aggregated fields,
you include the non aggreagated ones in the selection (or you just
include all the fields as it may happen in the export).

Jacopo

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:09 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]