adding labels with other lanquages

BJ Freeman
I am putting in a new label
I don't know the other languages
Can I leave the other languages blank
        <value xml:lang="es"></value>
or should I remove the lines.

Re: adding labels with other lanquages

Adrian Crum
Remove the lines. If you put blank entries in, then there will be no
fallback to en.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:
> I am putting in a new label
> I don't know the other languages
> Can I leave the other languages blank
>         <value xml:lang="es"></value>
> or should I remove the lines.

Re: adding labels with other lanquages

BJ Freeman
thanks i saw in ProductUiLabels.xml
blanks for zn to figured it was ok.
will change the patch.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/29/2008 10:21 AM:

> Remove the lines. If you put blank entries in, then there will be no
> fallback to en.
>
> -Adrian
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> I am putting in a new label
>> I don't know the other languages
>> Can I leave the other languages blank
>>         <value xml:lang="es"></value>
>> or should I remove the lines.

Re: adding labels with other lanquages

Adrian Crum
I can't be sure, but my guess would be that the empty entries are an
artifact of the .properties->.xml file conversion.

-Adrian

From: "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>
>I can't be sure, but my guess would be that the empty entries are an artifact of the .properties->.xml file conversion.
>
> -Adrian

We should try to remove them. Maybe, if Bruno see this message, and wish to continue his work on his Python script, he could add
this point. Else anybody can pick it up, it's here : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1698

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> thanks i saw in ProductUiLabels.xml
>> blanks for zn to figured it was ok.
>> will change the patch.
>>
>> Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/29/2008 10:21 AM:
>>> Remove the lines. If you put blank entries in, then there will be no
>>> fallback to en.
>>>
>>> -Adrian

Re: adding labels with other lanquages

BJ Freeman
Not sure about doing anything about the script
but be glad to provide patches of the label files i run across
I could put them in the same Jira.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 7/29/2008 1:27 PM:

> From: "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>
>> I can't be sure, but my guess would be that the empty entries are an
>> artifact of the .properties->.xml file conversion.
>>
>> -Adrian
>
> We should try to remove them. Maybe, if Bruno see this message, and wish
> to continue his work on his Python script, he could add this point. Else
> anybody can pick it up, it's here :

>> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>> thanks i saw in ProductUiLabels.xml
>>> blanks for zn to figured it was ok.
>>> will change the patch.
>>>
>>> Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/29/2008 10:21 AM:

Re: adding labels with other lanquages

Scott Gray
There weren't many, but now there are none.
rev. 683154

Regards
Scott

2008/7/30 BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:

> Not sure about doing anything about the script
> but be glad to provide patches of the label files i run across
> I could put them in the same Jira.
>
> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 7/29/2008 1:27 PM:
>> From: "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>
>>> I can't be sure, but my guess would be that the empty entries are an
>>> artifact of the .properties->.xml file conversion.
>>>
>>> -Adrian
>>
>> We should try to remove them. Maybe, if Bruno see this message, and wish
>> to continue his work on his Python script, he could add this point. Else
>> anybody can pick it up, it's here :
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1698
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques

Re: adding labels with other lanquages

BJ Freeman
thanks scott.

Scott Gray sent the following on 8/6/2008 1:13 AM: