configuring virtual product

rajshekhar
i want to customize a virtual product i.e ecards,For that purpose i created a configurable virtual products where i added config items like fonts,color etc.. now i want that the product should be  customized  as per options selected (like color and fonts).It is wht we called as  e-cards where u select a card and modify as per requirement.
                        Is there is any utility in ofbiz for above requirement..

G.Rajshekhar

Re: Users - configuring virtual product

Andrew Sykes
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 07:21 -0700, rajshekhar wrote:
> i want to customize a virtual product i.e ecards,For that purpose i created a
> configurable virtual products where i added config items like fonts,color
> etc.. now i want that the product should be  customized  as per options
> selected (like color and fonts).It is wht we called as  e-cards where u
> select a card and modify as per requirement.
>                         Is there is any utility in ofbiz for above
> requirement..

There's nothing to do this kind of stuff out of the box, you would have
to build something that enabled various features based on the customer's
selection.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - configuring virtual product

What do you mean by "virtual product" and "customize as per options
selected"?  What is this product--a greeting card, a gift card, a
calling card?

rajshekhar wrote:

> i want to customize a virtual product i.e ecards,For that purpose i created a
> configurable virtual products where i added config items like fonts,color
> etc.. now i want that the product should be  customized  as per options
> selected (like color and fonts).It is wht we called as  e-cards where u
> select a card and modify as per requirement.
>                         Is there is any utility in ofbiz for above
> requirement..
>
> G.Rajshekhar

Re: Users - configuring virtual product

rajshekhar
yes - the virtual products are greeting cards

Re: Users - configuring virtual product

Si Chen-2
Ok.  So if you're trying to create a hallmark.com kind of store where
people can buy a card and get it sent, you're actually talking about a
digital good.  What you would do is create a survey to collect the
user's specifications and then write a service to fulfill it by sending
it, etc. etc.  This would require some customization, but all the
infrastructure is in place.  In fact, you can look in
applications/accounting/src/org/ofbiz/accounting/payment/GiftCertificateServices.java
and see how we do gift card fulfillment--it is very similar.

I'll have some documentation for all of this online next week.  If you
don't figure it out by then, check again.

Si