configuruation documentation.

BJ Freeman
Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to do do
a configured product.
where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

David E Jones

To answer your question with a question... where would YOU look to
find this sort of document?

-David

On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to
> do do
> a configured product.
> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

BJ Freeman
Google

David E Jones sent the following on 11/27/2007 8:29 PM:

> To answer your question with a question... where would YOU look to find
> this sort of document?
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to do do
>> a configured product.
>> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

David E Jones

Interesting. What did you find when you searched there?

On Nov 27, 2007, at 9:56 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> Google
>
> David E Jones sent the following on 11/27/2007 8:29 PM:
>>
>> To answer your question with a question... where would YOU look to
>> find
>> this sort of document?
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to
>>> do do
>>> a configured product.
>>> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish
>>> it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

guess the question is really,
how do I put it on the
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBENDUSER

David E Jones sent the following on 11/27/2007 8:29 PM:

> To answer your question with a question... where would YOU look to find
> this sort of document?
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to do do
>> a configured product.
>> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

Tim Ruppert
BJ, instead of doing a word doc, post this to the docs.ofbiz.org site
as a Wiki page so that others can review and post to it.

http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBENDUSER

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to
> do do
> a configured product.
> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

I use many searches
ofbiz documentation
ofbiz documentation product configuration

None take me to a place where user documentation is.
if I went to the
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBENDUSER
it was still confusing where information would be put for
how to configure products
I don't consider this a managers operation, but more someone that is
dealing with supplier and products.

David E Jones sent the following on 11/27/2007 9:06 PM:

> Interesting. What did you find when you searched there?
>
> On Nov 27, 2007, at 9:56 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> Google
>>
>> David E Jones sent the following on 11/27/2007 8:29 PM:
>>>
>>> To answer your question with a question... where would YOU look to find
>>> this sort of document?
>>>
>>> -David

Re: configuruation documentation.

thanks tim
so I just go and create a comment, because that seems to be the only
thing I can do.

Tim Ruppert sent the following on 11/27/2007 9:09 PM:

> BJ, instead of doing a word doc, post this to the docs.ofbiz.org site as
> a Wiki page so that others can review and post to it.
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBENDUSER
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to do do
>> a configured product.
>> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

Scott Gray
It's actually the wiki space you would add this to:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBIZ
Anyone who signs up for an account can create pages there.  If you can't
find a spot to put it, you can just make a spot.

Regards
Scott

On 28/11/2007, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks tim
> so I just go and create a comment, because that seems to be the only
> thing I can do.
>
> Tim Ruppert sent the following on 11/27/2007 9:09 PM:
> > BJ, instead of doing a word doc, post this to the docs.ofbiz.org site as
> > a Wiki page so that others can review and post to it.
> >
> > http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBENDUSER
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tim
> > --
> > Tim Ruppert
> > HotWax Media
> > http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
> >
> > o:801.649.6594
> > f:801.649.6595
> >

> > On Nov 27, 2007, at 8:58 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> >
> >> Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to do
> do
> >> a configured product.
> >> where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

RE: configuruation documentation.

CaseT
BJ,

I'm looking forward to viewing this documentation. I was thinking of doing
the same thing for both configurations and virtual/variants. I started the
virtual/variants doc. Perhaps once you get yours posted, I'll post mine
along side. Once you get your doc up, will you send me the url?? I'd be
happy to make comments.

Thanks,

Case Torres

Ok in my trek to do this I have made a rough Document as to how to do do a
configured product.
where should I put this word document so other can add and polish it?

Re: configuruation documentation.

BJ Freeman
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/End+User+Documentation
trying to figure out how to put the screenshots up, and reference them.

Case Torres sent the following on 11/29/2007 6:31 AM:

De : "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/End+User+Documentation
> trying to figure out how to put the screenshots up, and reference them.

You can insert them using the image icon (with a mountain) in edit mode (Rich Text).

To learn more http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/ (you will find this link at the bottom of Confluence pages)

I never used the help personnaly founding the UI enough intuitive. But Confluence is not behaving always right in Richt Text Mode,
then Wiki Markup is ok. Sometimes I even edit Wiki Markup in a text editor to have the undo/redo feature. Not that ctrl+z and ctrl+y
keys do not work in both edit modes in Confluence but they put you at the head of the doc which is quickly irritating :(

Jacques

> Case Torres sent the following on 11/29/2007 6:31 AM:
> > BJ,
> >
> > I'm looking forward to viewing this documentation. I was thinking of doing
> > the same thing for both configurations and virtual/variants. I started the
> > virtual/variants doc. Perhaps once you get yours posted, I'll post mine
> > along side. Once you get your doc up, will you send me the url?? I'd be
> > happy to make comments.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Case Torres
> > [hidden email]

thanks for the user documentation link.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/29/2007 11:22 AM:

> De : "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/End+User+Documentation
>> trying to figure out how to put the screenshots up, and reference them.
>
> You can insert them using the image icon (with a mountain) in edit mode (Rich Text).
>
> To learn more http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/ (you will find this link at the bottom of Confluence pages)
>
> I never used the help personnaly founding the UI enough intuitive. But Confluence is not behaving always right in Richt Text Mode,
> then Wiki Markup is ok. Sometimes I even edit Wiki Markup in a text editor to have the undo/redo feature. Not that ctrl+z and ctrl+y
> keys do not work in both edit modes in Confluence but they put you at the head of the doc which is quickly irritating :(
>
> Jacques
>
>> Case Torres sent the following on 11/29/2007 6:31 AM:
>>> BJ,
>>>
>>> I'm looking forward to viewing this documentation. I was thinking of doing
>>> the same thing for both configurations and virtual/variants. I started the
>>> virtual/variants doc. Perhaps once you get yours posted, I'll post mine
>>> along side. Once you get your doc up, will you send me the url?? I'd be
>>> happy to make comments.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Case Torres
>>> [hidden email]

I have fleshed out my stuff.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Catalog+%28Products%29
I took a different slant than most doc in that I put in things that were
of interest. also approached it by the top level menus.
found an interesting link.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Applications+User+Manual

Case Torres sent the following on 11/29/2007 6:31 AM:

> BJ,
>
> I'm looking forward to viewing this documentation. I was thinking of doing
> the same thing for both configurations and virtual/variants. I started the
> virtual/variants doc. Perhaps once you get yours posted, I'll post mine
> along side. Once you get your doc up, will you send me the url?? I'd be
> happy to make comments.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Case Torres
> [hidden email]

Getting parameters from outside of a form

SkipDever
I have a screen that looks like this:

ftl menu containing   <select name="printerName" class="selectBox">
and a button

some more ftl

a form called createCollectionContact

some more ftl

I want the button in the menu to do a post that includes the printerName
variable, but for the life of me, cannot figure out how to do it.

I have tried these:

<!--    <a class="subMenuButton"
href="javascript:document.forms['createCollectionContact'].action='<@ofbizUr
l>printCustomerStatement</@ofbizUrl>';document.forms['createCollectionContac
t'].submit()">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a> -->

   <a
href="javascript:document.createCollectionContact.action='<@ofbizUrl>printCu
stomerStatement</@ofbizUrl>';document.createCollectionContact.submit();"
class="buttontext">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a>

<!--   <a class="buttontext"
href="<@ofbizUrl>printCustomerStatement?partyId=${partyId?if_exists}</@ofbiz
Url>">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a> -->

   <a
href="<@ofbizUrl>customerVendorStatement.pdf?partyId=${partyId?if_exists}&fr
omDate=${fromDate?if_exists}&thruDate=${thruDate?if_exists}&glFiscalTypeId=A
CTUAL&reportType=CUSTOMER</@ofbizUrl>" class="buttontext">
${uiLabelMap.CoPDFStatement}</a>

and nothing seems to work to get printerName down to the service (I have
listed the context to the log file to see what is there).  Am I forced to
put the button and dropdown inside the form and do a post from in there?  I
need to have the contents of printerName and te partyId for the service.

Skip

Re: Getting parameters from outside of a form

Scott Gray
You could use javascript to pull the value of the drop down and put it into
a hidden input inside the form.

Regards
Scott

On 02/12/2007, skip@thedevers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a screen that looks like this:
>
> ftl menu containing   <select name="printerName" class="selectBox">
> and a button
>
> some more ftl
>
> a form called createCollectionContact
>
> some more ftl
>
> I want the button in the menu to do a post that includes the printerName
> variable, but for the life of me, cannot figure out how to do it.
>
> I have tried these:
>
> <!--    <a class="subMenuButton"
> href="javascript:document.forms
> ['createCollectionContact'].action='<@ofbizUr
>
> l>printCustomerStatement</@ofbizUrl>';document.forms['createCollectionContac
> t'].submit()">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a> -->
>
>    <a
> href="javascript:document.createCollectionContact.action='
> <@ofbizUrl>printCu
> stomerStatement</@ofbizUrl>';document.createCollectionContact.submit();"
> class="buttontext">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a>
>
> <!--   <a class="buttontext"
>
> href="<@ofbizUrl>printCustomerStatement?partyId=${partyId?if_exists}</@ofbiz
> Url>">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a> -->
>
>    <a
> href="<@ofbizUrl>customerVendorStatement.pdf
> ?partyId=${partyId?if_exists}&fr
>
> omDate=${fromDate?if_exists}&thruDate=${thruDate?if_exists}&glFiscalTypeId=A
> CTUAL&reportType=CUSTOMER</@ofbizUrl>" class="buttontext">
> ${uiLabelMap.CoPDFStatement}</a>
>
> and nothing seems to work to get printerName down to the service (I have
> listed the context to the log file to see what is there).  Am I forced to
> put the button and dropdown inside the form and do a post from in
> there?  I
> need to have the contents of printerName and te partyId for the service.
>
> Skip

RE: Getting parameters from outside of a form

SkipDever
Thank you scott.  I'll dig out my old trusty (and dusty) javascript book and
figure it out.

Skip

You could use javascript to pull the value of the drop down and put it into
a hidden input inside the form.

Regards
Scott

On 02/12/2007, skip@thedevers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a screen that looks like this:
>
> ftl menu containing   <select name="printerName" class="selectBox">
> and a button
>
> some more ftl
>
> a form called createCollectionContact
>
> some more ftl
>
> I want the button in the menu to do a post that includes the printerName
> variable, but for the life of me, cannot figure out how to do it.
>
> I have tried these:
>
> <!--    <a class="subMenuButton"
> href="javascript:document.forms
> ['createCollectionContact'].action='<@ofbizUr

l>printCustomerStatement</@ofbizUrl>';document.forms['createCollectionContac

> t'].submit()">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a> -->
>
>    <a
> href="javascript:document.createCollectionContact.action='
> <@ofbizUrl>printCu
> stomerStatement</@ofbizUrl>';document.createCollectionContact.submit();"
> class="buttontext">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a>
>
> <!--   <a class="buttontext"

href="<@ofbizUrl>printCustomerStatement?partyId=${partyId?if_exists}</@ofbiz
> Url>">${uiLabelMap.CoPrintStatement}</a> -->
>
>    <a
> href="<@ofbizUrl>customerVendorStatement.pdf
> ?partyId=${partyId?if_exists}&fr

omDate=${fromDate?if_exists}&thruDate=${thruDate?if_exists}&glFiscalTypeId=A

> CTUAL&reportType=CUSTOMER</@ofbizUrl>" class="buttontext">
> ${uiLabelMap.CoPDFStatement}</a>
>
> and nothing seems to work to get printerName down to the service (I have
> listed the context to the log file to see what is there).  Am I forced to
> put the button and dropdown inside the form and do a post from in
> there?  I
> need to have the contents of printerName and te partyId for the service.
>
> Skip

Re: Getting parameters from outside of a form

BJ Freeman
lots of examples already used

skip@thedevers sent the following on 12/1/2007 8:34 PM:

> Thank you scott.  I'll dig out my old trusty (and dusty) javascript book and
> figure it out.
>
> Skip

Error

SkipDever
I am getting this error:

Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericEntityException: Helper name not
found for entity

From webtools entitymaint

On this new Entity I just added:

        <!-- Simple entity to store a list of statements that a user wants to
print -->
    <entity entity-name="StatementPrintList"
package-name="org.ofbiz.accounting.ar"
        title="A list of customers that will have statements printed.">
        <field name="partyId" type="id-ne"/>
        <field name="partyName" type="name"/>
        <field name="userLoginId" type="id-ne"/>
        <prim-key field="partyId"/>
        <prim-key field="userLoginId"/>
        <relation type="one" rel-entity-name="Party">
            <key-map field-name="partyId"/>
        </relation>
    </entity>

I've seen this before, but for the life of me can't remember what the cause
it.  Does anyone remember?

Skip

Re: Error

BJ Freeman
   /** Gets the helper name that corresponds to this delegator and the
specified entityName
     *@param entityName The name of the entity to get the helper name for
     *@return String with the helper name that corresponds to this
delegator and the specified entityName
     */
    public String getEntityHelperName(String entityName) {
        String groupName =
getModelGroupReader().getEntityGroupName(entityName);

        return this.getGroupHelperName(groupName);
    }

   /** Gets the an instance of helper that corresponds to this delegator
and the specified entityName
     *@param entityName The name of the entity to get the helper for
     *@return GenericHelper that corresponds to this delegator and the
specified entityName
     */
    public GenericHelper getEntityHelper(String entityName) throws
GenericEntityException {
        String helperName = getEntityHelperName(entityName);

        if (helperName != null && helperName.length() > 0)
            return GenericHelperFactory.getHelper(helperName);
        else
            throw new GenericEntityException("Helper name not found for
entity " + entityName);
    }

skip@thedevers sent the following on 12/6/2007 6:10 PM:

> I am getting this error:
>
> Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericEntityException: Helper name not
> found for entity
>
>>From webtools entitymaint
>
> On this new Entity I just added:
>
> <!-- Simple entity to store a list of statements that a user wants to
> print -->
>     <entity entity-name="StatementPrintList"
> package-name="org.ofbiz.accounting.ar"
>         title="A list of customers that will have statements printed.">
>         <field name="partyId" type="id-ne"/>
>         <field name="partyName" type="name"/>
>         <field name="userLoginId" type="id-ne"/>
>         <prim-key field="partyId"/>
>         <prim-key field="userLoginId"/>
>         <relation type="one" rel-entity-name="Party">
>             <key-map field-name="partyId"/>
>         </relation>
>     </entity>
>
> I've seen this before, but for the life of me can't remember what the cause
> it.  Does anyone remember?
>
> Skip

12