expirable product

phasma
Hello all,

there is a way to configure an expirable product, with a monthly or annually
end date ?

tnx in advance

ph

Re: expirable product

There is a field to do that statically in the product Entity (labelled "Sales discontinuation Thru Date" in the UI). But AFAIK there
is no code (yet : you could throw in some) to do it with frequency

Jacques

From: "phasma" <[hidden email]>
> Hello all,
>
> there is a way to configure an expirable product, with a monthly or annually
> end date ?
>
> tnx in advance
>
> ph

Re: expirable product

phasma
Jacques,

tnx for reply, but "sales discontinuation throu" i imagine that refers to an
"end-of-sale-live" of product

what i mean is a product that i sell (everytime) and expire after a fixed
time, and at expiration date customer can renew it or not

interesting should be the possibility to alert that the product is near the
expiration period too :)

ph

2008/4/29 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>:

> There is a field to do that statically in the product Entity (labelled
> "Sales discontinuation Thru Date" in the UI). But AFAIK there is no code
> (yet : you could throw in some) to do it with frequency
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "phasma" <[hidden email]>
>
>  Hello all,
> >
> > there is a way to configure an expirable product, with a monthly or
> > annually
> > end date ?
> >
> > tnx in advance
> >
> > ph

Re: expirable product

David E Jones

Look at the Subscription and related entities (SubscriptionResource,
etc, etc), and at the code and UI related to them.

There is a LOT of functionality of this sort.

-David

On Apr 29, 2008, at 10:08 AM, phasma wrote:

> Jacques,
>
> tnx for reply, but "sales discontinuation throu" i imagine that
> refers to an
> "end-of-sale-live" of product
>
> what i mean is a product that i sell (everytime) and expire after a
> fixed
> time, and at expiration date customer can renew it or not
>
> interesting should be the possibility to alert that the product is
> near the
> expiration period too :)
>
> ph
>

> 2008/4/29 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>:
>
>> There is a field to do that statically in the product Entity
>> (labelled
>> "Sales discontinuation Thru Date" in the UI). But AFAIK there is no
>> code
>> (yet : you could throw in some) to do it with frequency
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "phasma" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> there is a way to configure an expirable product, with a monthly or
>>> annually
>>> end date ?
>>>
>>> tnx in advance
>>>
>>> ph

Re: expirable product

Ha yes ! Sorry forgot, and I even worked with it before it was really complete (in summer 2006 : shame :o)

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>