exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

rohit
hi,

is there any way one can export the product data to froogle and yahoo shopping. i am not sure if there is any module for it, but if it were possible to automate the export of data to froogle, it will become a very important add on for ofbiz.

rohit

Re: Users - exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

Andrew Sykes
Rohit,

There's nothing at present, but it's pretty easy to do.

I implemented something like this a while back, although it wasn't
generic enough to commit to the codebase.

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 07:48 -0700, rohit2006 wrote:

> hi,
>
> is there any way one can export the product data to froogle and yahoo
> shopping. i am not sure if there is any module for it, but if it were
> possible to automate the export of data to froogle, it will become a very
> important add on for ofbiz.
>
> rohit
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

rohit
hi,

can you explain in more detail how did you go about doing this.

rohit

Re: Users - exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

Ian Gilbert-2
Hi Andrew,

I'd be interested in an easy way of doing this as well.  At the moment it's a very trying process
which we haven't really managed to do but is a long term outstanding item that I get asked to
deliver a progress report on every Wednesday :(

If you have instructions I'd appreciate it.

Very best wishes

Ian

On Tue, May 16, 2006 16:01, Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Rohit,
>

> There's nothing at present, but it's pretty easy to do.
>

> I implemented something like this a while back, although it wasn't
> generic enough to commit to the codebase.
>
> On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 07:48 -0700, rohit2006 wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> is there any way one can export the product data to froogle and yahoo shopping. i am not sure if
>> there is any module for it, but if it were possible to automate the export of data to froogle,
>> it will become a very important add on for ofbiz.
>>
>> rohit --
>> http://www.nabble.com/exporting-data-to-froogle-and-yahoo-shopping.-t1628446.html#a4411221
>> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net
Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
0845 456 2429

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.

Re: Users - exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

Andrew Sykes
Ian, Rohit,

I don't have much time to look at this just now, but I've knocked
together a couple of hundred lines which will hopefully be enough of a
start point for someone to get stuck in. It probably needs a fair bit of
refactoring as well as additions!

Also, I did this from memory, with respect to froogle, so I think I've
covered everything (apart from URLs) but I may be wrong.

Anyway, the point is, it's _VERY_ rough, so don't flame me ;-)

http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-886
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

Ian Gilbert-2
Thanks very much for that Andrew.  I will pass it on and hopefully we'll be able to do something
with it.

Very best wishes

Ian

On Tue, May 16, 2006 19:48, Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Ian, Rohit,
>

> I don't have much time to look at this just now, but I've knocked
> together a couple of hundred lines which will hopefully be enough of a start point for someone to
> get stuck in. It probably needs a fair bit of refactoring as well as additions!
>
> Also, I did this from memory, with respect to froogle, so I think I've
> covered everything (apart from URLs) but I may be wrong.
>
> Anyway, the point is, it's _VERY_ rough, so don't flame me ;-)
>

> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-886
> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net
Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
0845 456 2429

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.

Re: Users - exporting data to froogle and yahoo shopping.

Andrew Sykes
Ian,

I would have thought about another 2-4 hours would see it finished.

Note the method to strip out HTML. This might be better in UtilMisc - if
there's nothing like this already (I didn't check).

I didn't stop to think about this for too long, but the matching froogle
categories are stored in the ProductCategoryAttr entity. There may well
be a far more sensible place for these to go.

Also, I'm not familiar with using the DataFile to output CSV - not sure
if it can do that, but if it can, that would be the way to go.

The functionality should probably include the ability to handle specific
categories within a WebSite/ProductStore, rather than just recursing
everything. Indeed recursing shouldn't be compulsory! - All of that
should be fairly simple to do.

It would be nice if the FTP part was also automated.

Anyway, good luck with it, it would be nice to see something like this
in the codebase.