RE: Users - XML Export

jitender.garg
Hi All,

I get the following error when I try to export data from the product entity. I am using oracle and the longDescription field is clob.

[1] [xxx] Error when writing Product: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT_TYPE_ID, PRIMARY_PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ID, MANUFACTURER_PARTY_ID, FACILITY_ID, INTRODUCTION_DATE, SUPPORT_DISCONTINUATION_DATE, SALES_DISCONTINUATION_DATE, SALES_DISC_WHEN_NOT_AVAIL, INTERNAL_NAME, BRAND_NAME, COMMENTS, PRODUCT_NAME, DESCRIPTION, LONG_DESCRIPTION, SMALL_IMAGE_URL, MEDIUM_IMAGE_URL, LARGE_IMAGE_URL, DETAIL_IMAGE_URL, DETAIL_SCREEN, INVENTORY_MESSAGE, REQUIRE_INVENTORY, QUANTITY_UOM_ID, QUANTITY_INCLUDED, PIECES_INCLUDED, REQUIRE_AMOUNT, AMOUNT_UOM_TYPE_ID, WEIGHT_UOM_ID, WEIGHT, HEIGHT_UOM_ID, PRODUCT_HEIGHT, SHIPPING_HEIGHT, WIDTH_UOM_ID, PRODUCT_WIDTH, SHIPPING_WIDTH, DEPTH_UOM_ID, PRODUCT_DEPTH, SHIPPING_DEPTH, PRODUCT_RATING, RATING_TYPE_ENUM, RETURNABLE, TAXABLE, TAX_CATEGORY, TAX_VAT_CODE, TAX_DUTY_CODE, CHARGE_SHIPPING, AUTO_CREATE_KEYWORDS, INCLUDE_IN_PROMOTIONS, IS_VIRTUAL, IS_VARIANT, REQUIREME!
NT_METHOD_ENUM_ID, BILL_OF_MATERIAL_LEVEL, IS_COMPLEX, RESERV_MAX_PERSONS, RESERV2ND_P_P_PERC, RESERV_NTH_P_P_PERC, CREATED_DATE, CREATED_BY_USER_LOGIN, LAST_MODIFIED_DATE, LAST_MODIFIED_BY_USER_LOGIN, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP FROM OFBIZ.PRODUCT ORDER BY PRODUCT_ID ASC (ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB )

It seems to be failign due to the field being clob.

Any ideas what mistake I am making.

regards,

Jitender

Re: Users - XML Export

David E. Jones

Jitender,

Have you done any other tests to see if the JDBC driver is handling
CLOBs correctly? This is a known problem in the Oracle JDBC driver
because they use a non-standard way of handling CLOBs that requires
Oracle-specific code and reference to their classes. We have also
found issues with streaming and lost connections in the Oracle JDBC
drivers, though not sure what is happening there.

This has come up a number of times and you can try a few things...
These may be fixed in newer versions of the Oracle database and JDBC
driver and you could try that. The solution we usually recommend is
using a commercial JDBC driver, like the DataDirect drivers. These
aren't cheap, but if the company is blowing cash on Oracle then it's
hopefully not an issue... Where you work they may even have licenses
for these or other commercial JDBC drivers already...

-David

On Dec 13, 2005, at 4:00 AM, <[hidden email]>
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I get the following error when I try to export data from the
> product entity. I am using oracle and the longDescription field is
> clob.
>
> [1] [xxx] Error when writing Product:
> org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while
> executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PRODUCT_ID,
> PRODUCT_TYPE_ID, PRIMARY_PRODUCT_CATEGORY_ID,
> MANUFACTURER_PARTY_ID, FACILITY_ID, INTRODUCTION_DATE,
> SUPPORT_DISCONTINUATION_DATE, SALES_DISCONTINUATION_DATE,
> SALES_DISC_WHEN_NOT_AVAIL, INTERNAL_NAME, BRAND_NAME, COMMENTS,
> PRODUCT_NAME, DESCRIPTION, LONG_DESCRIPTION, SMALL_IMAGE_URL,
> MEDIUM_IMAGE_URL, LARGE_IMAGE_URL, DETAIL_IMAGE_URL, DETAIL_SCREEN,
> INVENTORY_MESSAGE, REQUIRE_INVENTORY, QUANTITY_UOM_ID,
> QUANTITY_INCLUDED, PIECES_INCLUDED, REQUIRE_AMOUNT,
> AMOUNT_UOM_TYPE_ID, WEIGHT_UOM_ID, WEIGHT, HEIGHT_UOM_ID,
> PRODUCT_HEIGHT, SHIPPING_HEIGHT, WIDTH_UOM_ID, PRODUCT_WIDTH,
> SHIPPING_WIDTH, DEPTH_UOM_ID, PRODUCT_DEPTH, SHIPPING_DEPTH,
> PRODUCT_RATING, RATING_TYPE_ENUM, RETURNABLE, TAXABLE,
> TAX_CATEGORY, TAX_VAT_CODE, TAX_DUTY_CODE, CHARGE_SHIPPING,
> AUTO_CREATE_KEYWORDS, INCLUDE_IN_PROMOTIONS, IS_VIRTUAL,
> IS_VARIANT, REQUIREME!
> NT_METHOD_ENUM_ID, BILL_OF_MATERIAL_LEVEL, IS_COMPLEX,
> RESERV_MAX_PERSONS, RESERV2ND_P_P_PERC, RESERV_NTH_P_P_PERC,
> CREATED_DATE, CREATED_BY_USER_LOGIN, LAST_MODIFIED_DATE,
> LAST_MODIFIED_BY_USER_LOGIN, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP,
> LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP FROM
> OFBIZ.PRODUCT ORDER BY PRODUCT_ID ASC (ORA-00932: inconsistent
> datatypes: expected - got CLOB )
>

> It seems to be failign due to the field being clob.
>
> Any ideas what mistake I am making.
>

> regards,
>
> Jitender

RE: Users - XML Export

rohit
hi,

i am getting the following error when i try to export the data through webtools>XML export from datasource.

ERROR: No entityName list was found in the session, go back to the export page and try again.

i am not sure what this means and how to deal with it.

any help will be appreciated.

rohit