getting started with OFBiz

Anders Hessellund
Hi,

we're considering using OFBiz in a university setting as a testbed for
experimental ecommerce applications. We have a few questions which we hope
that the members of this group can assist us with:

1) Our normal development environment is eclipse. We've checked out the
OFBiz source using subclipse but we have some trouble getting an overview
of the various components. Why is the "example" for instance in the
framework-directory when it seems to be an application on top of the
framework? Is there any place where we can find a roadmap to the source
structure?

2) Are there any other HelloWorld-like examples? We are interested in
examples with minimal dependencies on other applications.

3) Are there any plans to support java 1.5 sometime in the near future?

4) If we get everything up and running, we might be interested in
delivering some tool support for OFBiz developers. Is there an official
wishlist anywhere? We would especially like to provide some model-driven
stuff.

-- Anders

Re: getting started with OFBiz

cjhowe
docs.ofbiz.org and opensourcestrategies.com have a lot
of documentation that you might find beneficial.

In regards to Java 1.5, Ofbiz currently can run on
1.5.  However changing any of the code to support the
improvements that 1.5 provides would break much of the
backward compatability.

--- Anders Hessellund <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're considering using OFBiz in a university
> setting as a testbed for
> experimental ecommerce applications. We have a few
> questions which we hope
> that the members of this group can assist us with:
>
> 1) Our normal development environment is eclipse.
> We've checked out the
> OFBiz source using subclipse but we have some
> trouble getting an overview
> of the various components. Why is the "example" for
> instance in the
> framework-directory when it seems to be an
> application on top of the
> framework? Is there any place where we can find a
> roadmap to the source
> structure?
>
> 2) Are there any other HelloWorld-like examples? We
> are interested in
> examples with minimal dependencies on other
> applications.
>
> 3) Are there any plans to support java 1.5 sometime
> in the near future?
>
> 4) If we get everything up and running, we might be
> interested in
> delivering some tool support for OFBiz developers.
> Is there an official
> wishlist anywhere? We would especially like to
> provide some model-driven
> stuff.
>
> -- Anders

Re: getting started with OFBiz

Carl Gleisner
Hi Anders,

my name is Carl Johansson and I have been looking into OFBiz for a while now.
However, I think I'm pretty much the only Swedish person up to this point.
It would be great to extend the community in Sweden.

Carl

Anders Hessellund wrote