getting the cursor in the first box on the page

getting the cursor in the first box on the page

David Shere
In certain situations, a page does not load with the cursor in the first
box on the page, and in some it does.  Is there a universal setting for
this, or anything that addresses it?
--
David Shere
Information Technology Services
www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: getting the cursor in the first box on the page

Adrian Crum
Some pages support it, others don't. There is no universal setting.

You'll see the java script in some of the ftl files. The form widget has an
attribute to set to put the focus on a control.

David Shere wrote:

> In certain situations, a page does not load with the cursor in the first
> box on the page, and in some it does.  Is there a universal setting for
> this, or anything that addresses it?

Re: getting the cursor in the first box on the page

David Shere
Looks like I'm not doing enough reading.  I found the discussion on this
back in May of last year.  I suppose I was looking for something like this:

focusInFirstBox = yes

in a properties file somewhere, so that one setting would apply to every
page.

www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: getting the cursor in the first box on the page

Adrian Crum
Submit a Jira issue for a new feature.

Actually, there has been discussion about having the form widget place the focus
on the first control it encounters as a default, which can be overridden with
existing element attribute.

Having a global setting apply to all data entry screens would require a lot of
work in re-writing ftl files.