help in Bill Of Material

mridu
sir i have an java based CAD apllication software where i have generated bill of materials (BOM) (which is written in to a xml file) for a CAD part design in my software . Now i want to import those bill of material to the OFBIZ ,How can i do that as the the fields in OFBIZ for Bill Of Material and for my application are different.Give me some suggestion with due regards mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

in OFBiz, boms are stored in the ProductAssoc entity.
You have several options to import data in it:

1) OFBiz entity xml import
2) OFBiz data file tool
3) db scripts
4) implement a custom OFBiz's service

For #1 and #2 you could find useful the following link:
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=ImportingData

Jacopo

mridu wrote:

> sir i have an java based CAD apllication software where i have generated
> bill of materials (BOM) (which is written in to a xml file) for a CAD
> part design in my software . Now i want to import those bill of material
> to the OFBIZ ,How can i do that as the the fields in OFBIZ for Bill Of
> Material and for my application are different.Give me some suggestion
> with due regards mridu
> Sent from the OFBiz - User
> <http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz+-+User-f2743.html> forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

thanx for you help.
Actually i have gone through that particular documentation.But my problem is my data format and the data format of Bill of Material in Manufacturing are different .Now i want to make both the data compatible to each other.In my application the bill of meterial contain only following fields

1.part type
2.Material
3.part name
4.Weight
5.Volume
6 Remarks

Now can i import only these datas to the ofbiz's bill of material without changing its existing format

thanks in advance

with regards
mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Andrew Sykes
mridu,

Have a look at...
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQ23

and
applications/ecommerce/data/DemoContent.xml (data to transform)
org/ofbiz/ecommerce/data/content.ftl (transformation script)
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Yes, you can.
Just keep in mind that in OFBiz both the materials and the finished
products are stored in the Product entity.

Jacopo

hello sir I am working on importing data (Bill Of Material) that i have written in a xml files, to ofbiz.But Should i import everytime i create a new bill of materials for a new part ( designed in my softwrae ) or is there another way where the updated values in the xml file will be picked up by the ofbiz without restarting the ofbiz and without importing data to the ofbiz.Is there Any Method in JAVA so that i can import the files from my application whenever i create a new bill of material for a new designed part. Thanx in advance with regards Mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

i am able to import data from xml files but thenew product is not updated in the offbiz database.
Will ofbiz update new product from xml file ?

thanx in advance

mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Andrew Sykes
mridu

Yes it should do.

What steps are you taking to perform the update? are you getting errors?
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

thanx for your help.

Actually i am importing one example file given in the offbiz (opentaps-0.9.0/applications/manufacturing/data/MyExampleData.xml ) .
In this file i have uncomment the commented lines and i am able to import  this file succefully.If i want to see
the Bill of Material of the product with the id as specified in the xml file ,i am able to see it easily but when i want to see by going to "lookup" interface it is not showing my product id.

Should i take any further steps?
thanx agin
mridu

the file content is showing below----

<entity-engine-xml>
   <Product productId="mpr123" productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"internalName="Frame"
        description="Standard frame for widgets" isVirtual="N"/>
   <Product productId="ext_sphere_1" productTypeId="SUBASSEMBLY" internalName="Frame"
      description="Standard frame for widgets" isVirtual="N"/>
   <Product productId="ext_box_1" productTypeId="SUBASSEMBLY" internalName="Frame"
      description="Standard frame for widgets" isVirtual="N"/>

    <ProductAssoc productId="mpr123" productIdTo="ext_sphere_1"
        productAssocTypeId="MANUF_COMPONENT" fromDate="2001-01-01 12:00:00.0" sequenceNum="1"
        quantity="3" reason=""/>
    <ProductAssoc productId="mpr123" productIdTo="ext_box_1"
       productAssocTypeId="MANUF_COMPONENT" fromDate="2001-01-01 12:00:00.0" sequenceNum="1"
       quantity="2" reason=""/>

</entity-engine-xml>

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Jacopo Cappellato
Yes,

just set the isVirtual and isVariant fields to "N".

Jacopo

mridu wrote:

> hello sir
>
> thanx for your help.
>
> Actually i am importing one example file given in the offbiz
> (opentaps-0.9.0/applications/manufacturing/data/MyExampleData.xml ) .
> In this file i have uncomment the commented lines and i am able to import
> this file succefully.If i want to see
> the Bill of Material of the product with the id as specified in the xml file
> ,i am able to see it easily but when i want to see by going to "lookup"
> interface it is not showing my product id.
>
> Should i take any further steps?
> thanx agin
> mridu
>
> the file content is showing below----

> <entity-engine-xml>
>    <Product productId="mpr123"
> productTypeId="FINISHED_GOOD"internalName="Frame"
>         description="Standard frame for widgets" isVirtual="N"/>
>    <Product productId="ext_sphere_1" productTypeId="SUBASSEMBLY"
> internalName="Frame"
>       description="Standard frame for widgets" isVirtual="N"/>
>    <Product productId="ext_box_1" productTypeId="SUBASSEMBLY"
> internalName="Frame"
>       description="Standard frame for widgets" isVirtual="N"/>
>
>     <ProductAssoc productId="mpr123" productIdTo="ext_sphere_1"
>         productAssocTypeId="MANUF_COMPONENT" fromDate="2001-01-01
> 12:00:00.0" sequenceNum="1"
>         quantity="3" reason=""/>
>     <ProductAssoc productId="mpr123" productIdTo="ext_box_1"
>        productAssocTypeId="MANUF_COMPONENT" fromDate="2001-01-01 12:00:00.0"
> sequenceNum="1"
>        quantity="2" reason=""/>
>
> </entity-engine-xml>

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

thanx a lot sir now the imported entity is shown in the ofbiz database.Thanx a lot

with regards
 mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

I have another problem .I am saving my xml file to a slide repository (jakarta-slide-2.1-tomcat-5.0.28) .Now i want to import this file to ofbiz can i do it by just giving the "http://...../example.xml".when i did this the ofbiz gives the erro that the file cannot be read

thanx in advance

mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Andrew Sykes
mridu,

Could it be an authentication problem?

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 03:09 -0700, mridu wrote:

> hello sir
>
> I have another problem .I am saving my xml file to a slide repository
> (jakarta-slide-2.1-tomcat-5.0.28) .Now i want to import this file to ofbiz
> can i do it by just giving the "http://...../example.xml".when i did this
> the ofbiz gives the erro that the file cannot be read
>
> thanx in advance
>
> mridu
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

it may be due to authentication in slide .Is there any other way to that?

with regars
mridu

Users - Nabble forums

Hi All,

If nobody complains I wish to add svn ML under the OFBiz forum of Nabble. I will
wait some days...

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

mridu
hello sir

Is it posible to import xml file to ofbiz from jakarta slide repository?Can i overcome the Authentication problem?
Can i import the XML files programatically from my java based application to ofbiz database without using the "WEBTOOL" of ofbiz

thanx in advance.

mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Andrew Sykes
Mridu,

This sounds more like a "jakarta slide" question than an OFBiz question,
but perhaps you could create read-only access to anonymous users on your
repository. Then you wouldn't require authentication at all.

- Andrew

mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

Jacopo Cappellato
Yes,

you can:

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=SeedData

The information in that page should help you find the OFBiz's code that
performs the import: this is a good example of what you are trying to
implement, I think.

Jacopo

mridu wrote:

> hello sir
>
> Can i import the XML files programatically from my java based application to
> ofbiz database without using the "WEBTOOL" of ofbiz ?
>
> mridu

Re: Users - help in Bill Of Material

BJ Freeman
also if you do a search on the wiki for import xml you will get a lot of
info, like
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=ImportingData

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 6/12/06 11:36 PM: