help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

mridu
hello sir

i am using opentaps 0.9.0 successfully.Now i want to add want more field "material" or "material id" with the product table .Can any one help me out?

thanx in advance

with regard
mridu

Re: Users - help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

BJ Freeman
Sounds more like an inventory item than product.
Might want to check out the manufacturing.
have you reviewed the demo data?

mridu sent the following on 6/14/06 2:31 AM:

> hello sir
>
> i am using opentaps 0.9.0 successfully.Now i want to add want more field
> "material" or "material id" with the product table .Can any one help me out?
>
> thanx in advance
>
> with regard
> mridu

Re: Users - help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

Adding that field is probably a bad design; I'd suggest to create a new
product, of type 'raw material', and associate it to the finished
product you have (see the 'Association' subscreens in the product admin
pages).

Jacopo

mridu wrote:

> hello sir
>
> i am using opentaps 0.9.0 successfully.Now i want to add want more field
> "material" or "material id" with the product table .Can any one help me out?
>
> thanx in advance
>
> with regard
> mridu

Re: Users - help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

mridu
hello sir

Thanx for your suggestion.Actually for my organisation we need the material of a product during generation of the BOM.Thats why i want to know if i can add that extra field (material) ?

with regards
mridu

Re: Users - help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

BJ Freeman
Look at modifying the service (services_BOM.xml) that generates the BOM
to include what Jacopo suggested.

Note: once you make these modification you will have to manually update
your version from SVN so it will not be changed by the SVN update.

mridu sent the following on 6/14/06 3:43 AM:

> hello sir
>
> Thanx for your suggestion.Actually for my organisation we need the material
> of a product during generation of the BOM.Thats why i want to know if i can
> add that extra field (material) ?
>
> with regards
> mridu

Re: Users - help in customization of opentaps ofbiz software

Yes, please read the documentation first.  A lot of business
processes are already addressed--you just need to figure out how to
do it.

Si