hot change question.

xpingxu
hi,all
 now I am testing the opentaps 1.0 preview 6. I have some question.
why the ui properties and services file don't hot change?
 the change result must to restart the application server. someone
can be give some suggest. thanks.
xu

Re: hot change question.

Please use Opentaps sourceforge forum for Opentaps questions.
If you want to ask such question on OFBiz MLs, please use user ML :

From: "xpingxu" <[hidden email]>
> hi,all
> now I am testing the opentaps 1.0 preview 6. I have some question.
> why the ui properties and services file don't hot change?
> the change result must to restart the application server. someone
> can be give some suggest. thanks.
> xu

Re: hot change question.

Adrian Crum-2
Xu,

The UI properties caching was fixed recently in the
OFBiz trunk. You should be able to replace your
Opentaps UtilProperties.java file with the one from
the trunk without any problems.

-Adrian

--- xpingxu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,all
>  now I am testing the opentaps 1.0 preview 6. I have
> some question.
> why the ui properties and services file don't hot
> change?
>  the change result must to restart the application
> server. someone
> can be give some suggest. thanks.
> xu

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Re: hot change question.

xpingxu
adrian ,
thanks for your replay.
this patch can be fix the minilang cache problem?

xu

On Jan 25, 2008 2:05 AM, Adrian Crum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Xu,
>
> The UI properties caching was fixed recently in the
> OFBiz trunk. You should be able to replace your
> Opentaps UtilProperties.java file with the one from
> the trunk without any problems.
>
> -Adrian
>
> --- xpingxu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > hi,all
> >  now I am testing the opentaps 1.0 preview 6. I have
> > some question.
> > why the ui properties and services file don't hot
> > change?
> >  the change result must to restart the application
> > server. someone
> > can be give some suggest. thanks.
> > xu
> >

>  ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Looking for last minute shopping deals?
> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Re: hot change question.

Adrian Crum-2
Xu,

In your original message, you mentioned restarting the
services, not caching minilang.

As far as I know there is no way to restart the
services (or reload service definitions) without
restarting OFBiz. There has been discussion in the
past about providing the capability to restart
services while OFBiz is running, but the conclusion at
the time was that it would be difficult to implement.

-Adrian

--- xpingxu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> adrian ,
> thanks for your replay.
> this patch can be fix the minilang cache problem?
>
> xu
>
> On Jan 25, 2008 2:05 AM, Adrian Crum
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Xu,
> >
> > The UI properties caching was fixed recently in
> the
> > OFBiz trunk. You should be able to replace your
> > Opentaps UtilProperties.java file with the one
> from
> > the trunk without any problems.
> >
> > -Adrian
> >
> > --- xpingxu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > hi,all
> > >  now I am testing the opentaps 1.0 preview 6. I
> have
> > > some question.
> > > why the ui properties and services file don't
> hot
> > > change?
> > >  the change result must to restart the
> application