i've seen this asked but not answered

CaseT
I know this is a real novice question.
I want to change the 127.0.0.1 to a different ip address.
So I can connect http://myipaddress:8443/webtools/contol/main.

Where do I make this happen?

I looked thru the documentation but didn't find the answer. And I looked
thru this forum's postings and it was asked in feb but there was no answer.
I tried changing 127.0.0.1 to my ip in ofbiz-containers.xml but it didn't
work.

Thank you much, Case

Case Torres

Re: i've seen this asked but not answered

jonwimp
Case,

As long as your OFBiz is deployed on the server you want to access, you can access OFBiz via any
names that server has.

It can be 127.0.0.1 (if you're accessing from the OFBiz server itself), or whatever IP addresses
the OFBiz computer has. Or even any domain names assigned to that machine.

Your question becomes more complex if you want to PREVENT users from using all names to the server
except for one. Say you just want users to access OFBiz via http://public.site.ofbiz:8443/webtools .

Note that you can use some "<host>" element (IIRC) to do virtual hosts.

Jonathon

Case Torres wrote:

> I know this is a real novice question.
> I want to change the 127.0.0.1 to a different ip address.
> So I can connect http://myipaddress:8443/webtools/contol/main.
>
> Where do I make this happen?
>
> I looked thru the documentation but didn't find the answer. And I looked
> thru this forum's postings and it was asked in feb but there was no answer.
> I tried changing 127.0.0.1 to my ip in ofbiz-containers.xml but it didn't
> work.
>
> Thank you much, Case
>

> Case Torres

RE: i've seen this asked but not answered

CaseT
Jonathan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Are you saying I don't need to make any changes in any files, anywhere?

I've tried just typing in the machines WAN and LAN IP address in the
browser, for instance, https://10.142.53.10:8443/webtools/control/main

The process times out when trying to connect to the WAN IP address
And
The connection is refused when attempting to connect to the LAN IP address.

I've also tried changing the 127.0.0.1 to the new ip in ofbiz_containers.xml
file.

So, I'm thinking I need to makes some changes to various files.

Thanks again, Case

Case Torres wrote:
> I know this is a real novice question.
> I want to change the 127.0.0.1 to a different ip address.
> So I can connect http://myipaddress:8443/webtools/contol/main.
>
> Where do I make this happen?
>
> I looked thru the documentation but didn't find the answer. And I looked
> thru this forum's postings and it was asked in feb but there was no
answer.

> I tried changing 127.0.0.1 to my ip in ofbiz-containers.xml but it didn't
> work.
>
> Thank you much, Case
>

> Case Torres

11/4/2007 9:37 PM

RE: i've seen this asked but not answered

SkipDever
Case

You dont need to make any of these changes you are making to the Ofbiz
setup.  Put them all back the way they were originally setup.  There are no
problems there (at least in the area you are concerned with).

Then, assuming the machine running ofbiz is on 10.142.53.10 and you are on
10.142.53.11, you should be able to connect just fine with the address you
have below.

If you are on a different subnet, be sure you have access to the subnet the
ofbiz server is on.

You can do this:

ping 10.142.53.10

or

tracert 10.142.53.10 (Windows)
traceroute 10.142.53.10 (linux)

Assuming the machine sitting at 10.142.53.10 is named Ofbizserver, you
should also be able to:

ping Ofbizserver (on a LAN)

or

ping Ofbizserver.domain.com (on the internet). (eg. ping www.yahoo.com)

so long as there is a DNS somewhere that knows about it.

If you can't ping it, you can't connect.  You may need to specify a gateway
from the machine you are trying to connect from to the machine you are
trying to connect to.

Skip

Case Torres wrote:
> I know this is a real novice question.
> I want to change the 127.0.0.1 to a different ip address.
> So I can connect http://myipaddress:8443/webtools/contol/main.
>
> Where do I make this happen?
>
> I looked thru the documentation but didn't find the answer. And I looked
> thru this forum's postings and it was asked in feb but there was no
answer.

> I tried changing 127.0.0.1 to my ip in ofbiz-containers.xml but it didn't
> work.
>
> Thank you much, Case
>

> Case Torres

11/4/2007 9:37 PM

RE: i've seen this asked but not answered

Kenneth Porter
On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:15 AM -0800 Case Torres
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The process times out when trying to connect to the WAN IP address
> And
> The connection is refused when attempting to connect to the LAN IP
> address.

Also check for firewalls. I realized my iptables setup didn't have an
ACCEPT rule for the ofbiz ports, so it was falling through to a DENY rule.
Your results suggest that you have a DENY on your WAN interface and a
REJECT on your LAN interface.

Re: i've seen this asked but not answered

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi
   I think the problem is with configuration of https protocal my sugestion
is first try to disable the https protocal by setting the property
 port.https.enabled=N
in url.properties (framework\webapp\config ) file and restart the server and
try to access the application ... if it works on http protocal the problem
is with the https protocol congifuration

Regards
Phani

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

RE: I've seen this asked but not answered

CaseT
Skip,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I have to have this up and running by
the end of the week :-{

I can ping the box.
When attempting a connection, I'm getting a "Connection has timed out. The
server at 10.142.53.10 is taking too long to respond."

We also have a WAN address that does the same thing. From your response, it
sounds as though the problem might lie in the network configuration. I'll
check this out further.

Thanks again, Case

Case Torres wrote:
> I know this is a real novice question.
> I want to change the 127.0.0.1 to a different ip address.
> So I can connect http://myipaddress:8443/webtools/contol/main.
>
> Where do I make this happen?
>
> I looked thru the documentation but didn't find the answer. And I looked
> thru this forum's postings and it was asked in feb but there was no
answer.

> I tried changing 127.0.0.1 to my ip in ofbiz-containers.xml but it didn't
> work.
>
> Thank you much, Case
>

> Case Torres

11/4/2007 9:37 PM

Re: i've seen this asked but not answered

rajsaini
Also check if you have firewall running on your machine. Firewall might
be blocking the connections from machines on the network.

Raj

Skip wrote:

> Case
>
> You dont need to make any of these changes you are making to the Ofbiz
> setup.  Put them all back the way they were originally setup.  There are no
> problems there (at least in the area you are concerned with).
>
> Then, assuming the machine running ofbiz is on 10.142.53.10 and you are on
> 10.142.53.11, you should be able to connect just fine with the address you
> have below.
>
> If you are on a different subnet, be sure you have access to the subnet the
> ofbiz server is on.
>
> You can do this:
>
> ping 10.142.53.10
>
> or
>
> tracert 10.142.53.10 (Windows)
> traceroute 10.142.53.10 (linux)
>
> Assuming the machine sitting at 10.142.53.10 is named Ofbizserver, you
> should also be able to:
>
> ping Ofbizserver (on a LAN)
>
> or
>
> ping Ofbizserver.domain.com (on the internet). (eg. ping www.yahoo.com)
>
> so long as there is a DNS somewhere that knows about it.
>
> If you can't ping it, you can't connect.  You may need to specify a gateway
> from the machine you are trying to connect from to the machine you are
> trying to connect to.
>
> Skip

understand that a  10.X.x.x address is a private address to a network
node. if the computer trying to access this box is not on this network
it will not see it.

Also you should be using a Router that is on this node, take a public IP
and route to the box's 10.142.53.1010

Case Torres sent the following on 11/7/2007 7:09 AM:

> Skip,
>
> Thanks so much for your quick reply. I have to have this up and running by
> the end of the week :-{
>
> I can ping the box.
> When attempting a connection, I'm getting a "Connection has timed out. The
> server at 10.142.53.10 is taking too long to respond."
>
> We also have a WAN address that does the same thing. From your response, it
> sounds as though the problem might lie in the network configuration. I'll
> check this out further.
>
> Thanks again, Case

BJ

Is it all 10.X addresses or just 10.0.x?  Ditto with 192.168.X

Skip

understand that a  10.X.x.x address is a private address to a network
node. if the computer trying to access this box is not on this network
it will not see it.

Also you should be using a Router that is on this node, take a public IP
and route to the box's 10.142.53.1010

Case Torres sent the following on 11/7/2007 7:09 AM:

> Skip,
>
> Thanks so much for your quick reply. I have to have this up and running by
> the end of the week :-{
>
> I can ping the box.
> When attempting a connection, I'm getting a "Connection has timed out. The
> server at 10.142.53.10 is taking too long to respond."
>
> We also have a WAN address that does the same thing. From your response,
it

> sounds as though the problem might lie in the network configuration. I'll
> check this out further.
>
> Thanks again, Case

BJ Freeman
10.x
172.16.X
192.168.X
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918

skip@theDevers sent the following on 11/7/2007 10:44 AM:

> BJ
>
> Is it all 10.X addresses or just 10.0.x?  Ditto with 192.168.X
>
> Skip

Michael Jensen-5
Technically, it should be 172.16.X through 172.31.X (meaning 172.16.X,
172.17.X, 172.18.X, ...) instead of just 172.16.X
:-)

Mike

--
Millcreek Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 9835
Phone: 801.649.4903
Skype: millcreeksys (http://millcreeksys.com/skype/)

Re: I've seen this asked but not answered

BJ Freeman
accepted.
assumed they would read the link.

Michael Jensen sent the following on 11/7/2007 11:14 AM:

> Technically, it should be 172.16.X through 172.31.X (meaning 172.16.X,
> 172.17.X, 172.18.X, ...) instead of just 172.16.X
> :-)
>
> Mike
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> 10.x
>> 172.16.X
>> 192.168.X
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918
>>
>> skip@theDevers sent the following on 11/7/2007 10:44 AM:
>>> BJ
>>>
>>> Is it all 10.X addresses or just 10.0.x?  Ditto with 192.168.X
>>>
>>> Skip

Hacked!!!

skip@theDevers-2
Hmmm

Well folks, my hosting account just got hacked and I somehow lost
thedevers.org
domain.  The guy also wiped out [hidden email] email account (but left
the rest) as well, so instead of
replacing it, I took the name [hidden email] just to remind me not to
have the same password for too long.

At anyrate, the emails you get from stupid are me.

Skip

RE: Hacked!!!

Brendan Vogt
Geeeesh how did that happen??  Who hosts your account??  It's so unnecessary
for some to do this!!

Skip

RE: Hacked!!!

skip@theDevers-2
Ya, it was the weirdest thing.  At 8pm pst, all was well.  At 8:15. I could
no longer get email on [hidden email].  At 8:20 I tried logging into my
hosting account and the password would not work.  At 8:30 I finally got
customer service, and in that time, the person had transfered all three
domain names I had pointed to that hosting account to a different registrar
in a different name.

Godaddy would do absolutely nothing to get the domain back even though the
thief was another of their customers (although it is somewhat
understandable).

My only option is to sue them and it just doesnt seem worth 2 - 10k for a
vanity domain name for legal fees.

So, I just make a new one and get on with life.

But, I am keeping [hidden email] for a while as a humility reminder.

Skip

Geeeesh how did that happen??  Who hosts your account??  It's so unnecessary
for some to do this!!

RE: Hacked!!!

Brendan Vogt
Just change your hosts to something like webhost4life.com

Geeeesh how did that happen??  Who hosts your account??  It's so unnecessary
for some to do this!!

RE: Hacked!!!

skip@theDevers-2
I'll check them out, on you recommendation that is.

Skip

Just change your hosts to something like webhost4life.com

Geeeesh how did that happen??  Who hosts your account??  It's so unnecessary
for some to do this!!

RE: Hacked!!!

skip@theDevers-2
Well Brendan, much as I love MS for desktops, there ain't no way I am
running on a Windows hosted server.  I want Apache HTTP and Tomcat support.
webhost4life.com does not seem to have it.

Skip

Just change your hosts to something like webhost4life.com

Geeeesh how did that happen??  Who hosts your account??  It's so unnecessary
for some to do this!!

RE: Hacked!!!

Brendan Vogt
I think they only do .NET hosting.