image directory browsing

Vince Clark
Hopefully this is a simple Tomcat configuration question.

I want to give a customer the ability to browse an images directory so they can quickly check to see if a file is already there before uploading it again. I want to do this to the images webapp under:
framework/images/webapp/images

I looked at the web.xml file for that webapp and I do not see a parameter for directory listing. Does anyone know what parameter to add, and is this the right place?

Vince Clark
Global Era
The Freedom of Open Source
[hidden email]
(303) 493-6723

Re: image directory browsing

BJ Freeman
you can use a view of the products images and create a page of images
with captions.

Vince M. Clark sent the following on 10/25/2007 10:05 AM:

> Hopefully this is a simple Tomcat configuration question.
>
> I want to give a customer the ability to browse an images directory so they can quickly check to see if a file is already there before uploading it again. I want to do this to the images webapp under:
> framework/images/webapp/images
>
> I looked at the web.xml file for that webapp and I do not see a parameter for directory listing. Does anyone know what parameter to add, and is this the right place?
>
> Vince Clark
> Global Era
> The Freedom of Open Source
> [hidden email]
> (303) 493-6723

Re: image directory browsing

Vince Clark
BJ - your suggestion would work if all images had been uploaded from the product page. But that is not the case. We moved several zip archives of image files to the server, and are now updating product image URL's with the proper filename. It goes faster if we can first determine whether or not the file already exists on the server before uploading it again.

Vince Clark
Global Era
The Freedom of Open Source
[hidden email]
(303) 493-6723

you can use a view of the products images and create a page of images
with captions.

Vince M. Clark sent the following on 10/25/2007 10:05 AM:

> Hopefully this is a simple Tomcat configuration question.
>
> I want to give a customer the ability to browse an images directory so they can quickly check to see if a file is already there before uploading it again. I want to do this to the images webapp under:
> framework/images/webapp/images
>
> I looked at the web.xml file for that webapp and I do not see a parameter for directory listing. Does anyone know what parameter to add, and is this the right place?
>
> Vince Clark
> Global Era
> The Freedom of Open Source
> [hidden email]
> (303) 493-6723

Re: image directory browsing

BJ Freeman
we adopted nameing the images the product name for mass uploades
Prdid_siz3.jpg
then a service scans the folders and imports them into the product.

Vince M. Clark sent the following on 10/25/2007 2:12 PM:

> BJ - your suggestion would work if all images had been uploaded from the product page. But that is not the case. We moved several zip archives of image files to the server, and are now updating product image URL's with the proper filename. It goes faster if we can first determine whether or not the file already exists on the server before uploading it again.
>
> Vince Clark
> Global Era
> The Freedom of Open Source
> [hidden email]
> (303) 493-6723

Thanks BJ. In this instance that would be like hitting a nail with a sledge hammer. I just need a simple solution to make the images directory under framework/images/webapp/images browsable.

I thought it would be a simple change to the web.xml file.

Vince Clark
Global Era
The Freedom of Open Source
[hidden email]
(303) 493-6723

we adopted nameing the images the product name for mass uploades
Prdid_siz3.jpg
then a service scans the folders and imports them into the product.

Vince M. Clark sent the following on 10/25/2007 2:12 PM:

> BJ - your suggestion would work if all images had been uploaded from the product page. But that is not the case. We moved several zip archives of image files to the server, and are now updating product image URL's with the proper filename. It goes faster if we can first determine whether or not the file already exists on the server before uploading it again.
>
> Vince Clark
> Global Era
> The Freedom of Open Source
> [hidden email]
> (303) 493-6723

guess have to ask the tomcat forum.
:)

Vince M. Clark sent the following on 10/25/2007 2:51 PM:

> Thanks BJ. In this instance that would be like hitting a nail with a sledge hammer. I just need a simple solution to make the images directory under framework/images/webapp/images browsable.
>
> I thought it would be a simple change to the web.xml file.
>
> Vince Clark
> Global Era
> The Freedom of Open Source
> [hidden email]
> (303) 493-6723

rajsaini
 From tomcat FAQ:

* How do I enable/disable directory listings? *
This is done in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml by changing the |listings|
property for the |default| servlet.

You can find the default servlet configured int the default web.xml in
conf directory.

Thanks,

Raj