${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties

${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties

Brendan Vogt
Hi,

The online documentation makes use of the following line:

${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties

There is no such directory, are they maybe referring to:

${ofbiz insall dir}/framework/base/config/cache.properties

Thanks

Brendan

Re: ${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties

David E Jones

Could you be more specific, ie _which_ online documentation (a URL
preferably)?

-David

On Oct 23, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The online documentation makes use of the following line:
>

> ${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties
>

> There is no such directory, are they maybe referring to:
>

> ${ofbiz insall dir}/framework/base/config/cache.properties
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

RE: ${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties

Brendan Vogt
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setu
p+Guide

...under cache settings.

Could you be more specific, ie _which_ online documentation (a URL
preferably)?

-David

On Oct 23, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The online documentation makes use of the following line:
>

> ${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties
>

> There is no such directory, are they maybe referring to:
>

> ${ofbiz insall dir}/framework/base/config/cache.properties
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

Re: ${ofbiz insall dir}/base/config/cache.properties

David E Jones

Thanks Brendan, that is now corrected.

-David

On Oct 23, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical
> +Production+Setu
> p+Guide
>
> ...under cache settings.

SkipDever
Some of the documentation is dated.  Your assumption is correct.

However, at this point, you don't need to be fooling with that stuff.  Get
used to the program first and what it all does.

Simple Promotion generates multiple Promotion deductions

Calum Miller-2

I have a simple promotion in place which offers a 10% discount on orders
over £100. The promotion gets calculated correctly but unfortunetly gets
applied multiple times to the order total. The number of times the
promotion gets applied, increases as the value of the order increases.
This happens even if I have just one order in the cart and I can't
figure out why! The order looks something like:

Qty Ordered      Unit Price      Adjustments      Subtotal
2               £98.298               £0.00      £196.60

Subtotal  £196.60
Promotion (£19.66)
Promotion (£19.66)
Promotion (£19.66)
Promotion (£19.66)
Promotion (£19.66)
Shipping and Handling: £0.00
Total VAT £34.41
Grand Total £132.71

Any similiar experices or work arounds?

*THANKS*
Calum

Re: Simple Promotion generates multiple Promotion deductions

Scott Gray
That sounds weird, can you reproduce it on the demo server and if so could
you provide clear steps to reproduce (theres no such thing as too much
detail).  Another unrelated thing to keep in mind is that order total
discounts don't currently reduce the tax charges.

Regards
Scott

On 26/10/2007, Calum Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a simple promotion in place which offers a 10% discount on orders
> over £100. The promotion gets calculated correctly but unfortunetly gets
> applied multiple times to the order total. The number of times the
> promotion gets applied, increases as the value of the order increases.
> This happens even if I have just one order in the cart and I can't
> figure out why! The order looks something like:
>
> Qty Ordered      Unit Price      Adjustments      Subtotal
> 2               £98.298               £0.00      £196.60
>
> Subtotal  £196.60
> Promotion (£19.66)
> Promotion (£19.66)
> Promotion (£19.66)
> Promotion (£19.66)
> Promotion (£19.66)
> Shipping and Handling: £0.00
> Total VAT £34.41
> Grand Total £132.71
>

> Any similiar experices or work arounds?
>
> *THANKS*
> Calum

Re: Simple Promotion generates multiple Promotion deductions

Hi Calum,

set the "limit per order" field in the promotion to 1.

Jacopo