importing barcode to ofbiz

mridu
hello sir

 i have build a barcode using my java application for a product which can be got as a BufferedImage .Now Can i import this BARCODE to ofbiz in relation to Bill Of Material.I am able to import bill of material generated in my application to ofbiz.But can it be possible for BARCODE.

with regards

mridu

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

Jacopo Cappellato
Do you have to print it into a PDF report?
If so, there is an easier way of generating barcodes in a fop template;
try something like this:

<fo:block text-align="left">
   <fo:instream-foreign-object>
     <barcode:barcode xmlns:barcode="http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns"
            message="${productId}">
       <barcode:code39>
         <barcode:height>10mm</barcode:height>
       </barcode:code39>
     </barcode:barcode>
   </fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>

This will print the barcode of a productId with barcode coding "code39"

Jacopo

mridu wrote:

> hello sir
>
>  i have build a barcode using my java application for a product which can be
> got as a BufferedImage .Now Can i import this BARCODE to ofbiz in relation
> to Bill Of Material.I am able to import bill of material generated in my
> application to ofbiz.But can it be possible for BARCODE.
>
> with regards
>
> mridu

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

mridu
hello sir
thanx for you suggestion.How can i see the barcode of a particular product in the ofbiz?What Are the steps i have to follow?

with regards
mridu

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

Jacopo Cappellato
barcodes are dynamically generated when a report is rendered and are not
stored in the system.

mridu wrote:
> hello sir
> thanx for you suggestion.How can i see the barcode of a particular product
> in the ofbiz?What Are the steps i have to follow?
>
> with regards
> mridu

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

mridu
hello sir

i am still unable to go through this reporting service in ofbiz.Is there any example for it?

with regards
mridu

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

Jacopo Cappellato
Create a sales order and approve it.
In the order detail screen you should see (on the right in a box called
"Shipment information") a link to generate "Packing Slip"
That report contains a barcode.

Jacopo

mridu wrote:
> hello sir
>
> i am still unable to go through this reporting service in ofbiz.Is there any
> example for it?
>
> with regards
> mridu

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

Walter Vaughan
Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> If so, there is an easier way of generating barcodes in a fop template;
>
> <fo:block text-align="left">
[snip]
> </fo:block>

As a newbie to the world of Apache OFBiz, I have had a hard time tracking down a
current tool to generate/look at XML-FO files.

http://foa.sourceforge.net/index.html seems to have had no activity for years.
Apache Fop doesn't appear to have a gui. Everything else is pretty expensive.

What's everyone using?

Walter

Re: importing barcode to ofbiz

Midhat
Eclipse with Freemarker plugin. or maybe with XMLBuddy to keep track of all
those tags