java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

CaseT
Hello,

Does anyone know what might be wrong with my install given this error
message when accessing:

http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/main

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The delgator passed to countHit cannot
be null
        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:113)
        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:85)

org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countRequest(ServerHitBin.java:58)

org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:255)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:248)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.

Thanks much,

Case Torres

http://www.casetorrestech.com

RE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

CaseT
Ok, I was able to get in. Not sure what the problem was but I got in thru:
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/main?externalLoginKey
and clicking on the "Login" link.

Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

David E Jones

Which revision of OFBiz are you using?

There were some issues with this a while back that were fixed (a few months ago I think), but there certainly could be more problems as some of the session handling stuff is "touchy".

-David

Case Torres wrote:

> Ok, I was able to get in. Not sure what the problem was but I got in thru:
> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/main?externalLoginKey
> and clicking on the "Login" link.

jonwimp
Looks like a pretty recent version, in the release branch 4.0, judging from the line numbers.

It'll be helpful if you could tell us exactly which revision you're using.

In your logs, see if you can find "[ControlServlet] ERROR: delegator not found in ServletContext"?

I couldn't reproduce the error.

Jonathon

David E Jones wrote:

> Which revision of OFBiz are you using?
>
> There were some issues with this a while back that were fixed (a few
> months ago I think), but there certainly could be more problems as some
> of the session handling stuff is "touchy".
>
> -David
>

> Case Torres wrote:
>> Ok, I was able to get in. Not sure what the problem was but I got in
>> thru:
>> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/main?externalLoginKey
>> and clicking on the "Login" link.

Yes, it's release branch 4.0

David E Jones wrote:

> Which revision of OFBiz are you using?
>
> There were some issues with this a while back that were fixed (a few
> months ago I think), but there certainly could be more problems as some
> of the session handling stuff is "touchy".
>
> -David
>

> Case Torres wrote:
>> Ok, I was able to get in. Not sure what the problem was but I got in
>> thru:
>> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/main?externalLoginKey
>> and clicking on the "Login" link.

Jonathan,

I could not find, "[ControlServlet] ERROR: delegator not found in
ServletContext", in the log file.

Case

David E Jones wrote:

> Which revision of OFBiz are you using?
>
> There were some issues with this a while back that were fixed (a few
> months ago I think), but there certainly could be more problems as some
> of the session handling stuff is "touchy".
>
> -David
>

> Case Torres wrote:
>> Ok, I was able to get in. Not sure what the problem was but I got in
>> thru:
>> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/main?externalLoginKey
>> and clicking on the "Login" link.

Adrian Crum
Have you modified OFBiz at all? This error can occur with an invalid entitymodel.xml file.

Case Torres wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> I could not find, "[ControlServlet] ERROR: delegator not found in
> ServletContext", in the log file.
>
> Case

Case,

You're still getting the error? Hmm. Thought it was a transient thing.

What you can do is this. Clear your database, do a fresh `ant run-install' again. Then see if it
still happens.

I find it useful to use Derby database files, because `ant run-install' from scratch does take
some time.

It'll be really helpful if you can tell us exactly which revision you're working with. Also useful
to know how we can reproduce the error.

Jonathon

Case Torres wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> I could not find, "[ControlServlet] ERROR: delegator not found in
> ServletContext", in the log file.
>
> Case

Rodrigo Lima-2
Compiled with Java 1.5?

2007/8/14, Case Torres <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>

> Does anyone know what might be wrong with my install given this error
> message when accessing:
>

> http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/main
>

> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The delgator passed to countHit cannot
> be null
>        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:113)
>        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:85)
>
> org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countRequest(ServerHitBin.java:58)
>
> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:255)
>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>
> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:248)
>
> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
> Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
>

> Thanks much,
>

> Case Torres
>
> http://www.casetorrestech.com

Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

David E Jones
Was there mention of a specific revision number? I think Case said this was from the Release4.0 branch, but that branch has LOTS of revisions too... so which one?

-David

Rodrigo Souza wrote:

> Compiled with Java 1.5?
>
> 2007/8/14, Case Torres <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Does anyone know what might be wrong with my install given this error
>> message when accessing:
>>

>> http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/main
>>

>> type Exception report
>>
>> message
>>
>> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
>> from fulfilling this request.
>>
>> exception
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The delgator passed to countHit cannot
>> be null
>>        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:113)
>>        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:85)
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countRequest(ServerHitBin.java:58)
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:255)
>>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
>>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:248)
>>
>> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
>> Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
>>

>> Thanks much,
>>

>> Case Torres
>>
>> http://www.casetorrestech.com
>>
>> [hidden email]

RE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

CaseT
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you all. I haven't read the
thread for a while as I'm swamped.

I believe the problem I was seeing was, as mentioned below, due to an
invalid entitymodel.xml file as I'm not seeing the problem any longer and I
was trying out the tutorials and building my own application.

I'll try and give a lot more information next time I have an error.

Thanks, Case

Case Torres wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> I could not find, "[ControlServlet] ERROR: delegator not found in
> ServletContext", in the log file.
>
> Case

David,

How would I go about finding out the revision number as it was
a while back that I installed and forget what I downloaded. Is there a
 command line tool?

Rodrigo Souza wrote:

> Compiled with Java 1.5?
>
> 2007/8/14, Case Torres <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Does anyone know what might be wrong with my install given this error
>> message when accessing:
>>

>> http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/main
>>

>> type Exception report
>>
>> message
>>
>> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
>> from fulfilling this request.
>>
>> exception
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The delgator passed to countHit
cannot
>> be null

org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:113)

>>        org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countHit(ServerHitBin.java:85)
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.ServerHitBin.countRequest(ServerHitBin.java:58)
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:255)
>>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
>>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:248)
>>
>> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
>> Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
>>

>> Thanks much,
>>

>> Case Torres
>>
>> http://www.casetorrestech.com
>>
>> [hidden email]

RE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

CaseT
J2sdk1.4.2

  _____

[...]

http://www.casetorrestech.com  <http://www.casetorrestech.com>

Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error when accessing

svn info

Jacques