lucene index in solr component

Please see my last comment at OFBIZ-7265

What do you think?

Re: lucene index in solr component

Pierre Smits
The Lucene and/or Sorl functionality has popped up in threads many times
before. This seems to be a continuing story without resolution.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please see my last comment at OFBIZ-7265
>
> What do you think?

Re: lucene index in solr component

Hi Pierre,

Thanks to your comment, but what does it add to the conversation, apart maybe some negativity?

I think we are near the end of these issues. This also does not add anything, apart maybe some positivity, just words :p

Jacques

Le 22/04/2017 à 11:28, Pierre Smits a écrit :

> The Lucene and/or Sorl functionality has popped up in threads many times
> before. This seems to be a continuing story without resolution.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please see my last comment at OFBIZ-7265
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques

Re: lucene index in solr component

Pierre Smits
Why do you consider an implicit invitation to get to a resolution as
something negative?

So we have a Lucene component, intended to indexing, And a Solr component
(also capable of indexing). Maybe it is time to take a stance on how each
will be applied in OFBiz and have OFBiz working accordingly.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Thanks to your comment, but what does it add to the conversation, apart
> maybe some negativity?
>
> I think we are near the end of these issues. This also does not add
> anything, apart maybe some positivity, just words :p
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 22/04/2017 à 11:28, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>
>> The Lucene and/or Sorl functionality has popped up in threads many times
>> before. This seems to be a continuing story without resolution.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>
>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please see my last comment at OFBIZ-7265
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: lucene index in solr component

This was also suggested by Jacopo https://s.apache.org/XONE almost 4 years ago. I guess it's a question of usage and priority.

Everybody is welcome to contribute a better solution, I think we all agree on that.

Jacques

Le 22/04/2017 à 11:39, Pierre Smits a écrit :

> Why do you consider an implicit invitation to get to a resolution as
> something negative?
>
> So we have a Lucene component, intended to indexing, And a Solr component
> (also capable of indexing). Maybe it is time to take a stance on how each
> will be applied in OFBiz and have OFBiz working accordingly.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> Thanks to your comment, but what does it add to the conversation, apart
>> maybe some negativity?
>>
>> I think we are near the end of these issues. This also does not add
>> anything, apart maybe some positivity, just words :p
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 22/04/2017 à 11:28, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>>
>>> The Lucene and/or Sorl functionality has popped up in threads many times
>>> before. This seems to be a continuing story without resolution.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Pierre Smits
>>>
>>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>>
>>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>>
>>> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

Re: lucene index in solr component

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Pierre,

inline.

Am 22.04.17 um 11:39 schrieb Pierre Smits:
> Why do you consider an implicit invitation to get to a resolution as
> something negative?
It's not what you say, but how you say it. Try being more positive and
I'm sure the whole conversation will be a lot more collaborative and
friendly.
> So we have a Lucene component, intended to indexing, And a Solr component
> (also capable of indexing). Maybe it is time to take a stance on how each
> will be applied in OFBiz and have OFBiz working accordingly.
We are happy to see your contributions on this topic. You may start with
an in-depth description of what we have in functionality and
architecture, what the pros an cons are and show a way to achieve a
better solution for a full text indexing and search engine in OFBiz.

Best regards,
Michael

> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> Thanks to your comment, but what does it add to the conversation, apart
>> maybe some negativity?
>>
>> I think we are near the end of these issues. This also does not add
>> anything, apart maybe some positivity, just words :p
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 22/04/2017 à 11:28, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>>
>>> The Lucene and/or Sorl functionality has popped up in threads many times
>>> before. This seems to be a continuing story without resolution.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Pierre Smits
>>>
>>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>>
>>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>>
>>> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment