multiple instances of ofbiz require multiple ofbiz directories?

multiple instances of ofbiz require multiple ofbiz directories?

Toddnick
Hello All,
I have two machines, with multi-core processors on each. I want to create a
load-balanced environment where I have 8 total instances of ofbiz running.
Do I need to have 8 separate directories if all of the instances of ofbiz
are the same (exept for the config file that declares the 8 IPs, one for
each instance). All the data is the same, same db, and everything else.
Many thanks
Todd

--
Todd Burdeinei
Web Developer
702-372-9920 cell

Re: multiple instances of ofbiz require multiple ofbiz directories?

OOTB yes, but you could deal with that if you need place on disk (but is this really the point ?)

One thing that could interest you is the work I have done with Geronimo last spring.
See http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4098#Geronimo&IBMWebsphereApplicationServerCommunityEdition-Multiinstances
notably
There are still some lacks but it could be enhanced (I'm able to do it if needed)
The point is to have internal OFBiz static links parameterized to work with their respective instances
I use instance #, so I would have to have links pointing to the right instance and not the default one as it's done now.

Jacques

From: "Todd Burdeinei" <[hidden email]>