new OrderItemChange entity

Bilgin Ibryam
Hi everybody,

there was a small discussion in the user list about the need of a new
entity for storing the changes done on order items.
You can find the discussion here and the new entity in OFBIZ-1773
http://www.nabble.com/Where-to-store-the-reason-for-canceling-some-quantity-of-Order-Item-to17101121.html

Any other comments before I commit it?
Thanks,
Bilgin

Re: new OrderItemChange entity

David E Jones

It might be good to simplify it a little and use a changeTypeEnumId
(or the like) instead of the type field and related entity. There is
probably nothing special we would want to add to the type entity, so
the Enumeration, with a special EnumeractionType, is adequate.

-David

On May 10, 2008, at 2:07 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> there was a small discussion in the user list about the need of a new
> entity for storing the changes done on order items.
> You can find the discussion here and the new entity in OFBIZ-1773
> http://www.nabble.com/Where-to-store-the-reason-for-canceling-some-quantity-of-Order-Item-to17101121.html
>
> Any other comments before I commit it?
> Thanks,
> Bilgin

Re: new OrderItemChange entity

I agree with David, I wondered why you did use the Extensibility Pattern, but thought you had a good reason.
I wondered also if you plan to provide UI(s) for the changeReason ? Would you use only a dropdown using enumerations from the
Enumerations entity ? Maybe a text field (area?) to allow user to explain more could be used ? A kind of Note if you like.

Jacques

from.: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>I agree with David, I wondered why you did use the Extensibility Pattern, but thought you had a good reason.
> I wondered also if you plan to provide UI(s) for the changeReason ? Would you use only a dropdown using enumerations from the
> Enumerations entity ? Maybe a text field (area?) to allow user to explain more could be used ? A kind of Note if you like.

About the Note suggestion, we could suggest enumeration reasons (as David suggested) in a dropdown and use them as Title or Subject.
Your pattern could even be used for Order Status changes, and maybe more... Maybe also we could relate  this note to notes used in
the Party profile or use them directly.

> from.: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> It might be good to simplify it a little and use a changeTypeEnumId  (or the like) instead of the type field and related entity.
>> There is  probably nothing special we would want to add to the type entity, so  the Enumeration, with a special EnumeractionType,
>> is adequate.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On May 10, 2008, at 2:07 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> there was a small discussion in the user list about the need of a new
>>> entity for storing the changes done on order items.
>>> You can find the discussion here and the new entity in OFBIZ-1773
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Where-to-store-the-reason-for-canceling-some-quantity-of-Order-Item-to17101121.html
>>>
>>> Any other comments before I commit it?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bilgin

Re: new OrderItemChange entity

Bilgin Ibryam
David,

Thank you for the reviewing.
Changed the entity definition the way you suggested.

Re: new OrderItemChange entity

Bilgin Ibryam
Jacques,

Thank you for the suggestions.
I plan to provide UI for the change reason and comment/note later.
This is good idea to use change reason drop down as a title and text area as change comment.
There is already changeComments field in OrderItemChange, so it can be stored there.

I added only two change types and two change reasons. If someone else guess other types/reasons, please suggest or add/commit.

Thanks all for your help.
Bilgin