(no subject)

Brendan Vogt
Hi,

I installed the seed data, and on http://localhost:8080/ecommerce/ on the
right column I get the following error.  I just added 2 persons and a group
party, that's all.

:ERROR MESSAGE:

org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://ecommerce/widget/CartScreens.xml#minipromotext]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at location
[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.b
sh]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at
[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.b
sh], line [30]: Sourced file:
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos : at Line: 30
: in file:
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
h : ProductPromoWorker .getStoreProductPromos ( delegator , dispatcher ,
request )

Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
(Sourced file:
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos) (Error
running BSH script at
[...]

Please can someone advise?

Brendan

Re:

rajsaini
How did you install it? Did you follow the Ofbiz Technical Production Guide?

Raj

Brendan Vogt wrote:

> [...]
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos) (Error
> running BSH script at
> [component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.b
> sh], line [30]: Sourced file:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos : at Line: 30
> : in file:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : ProductPromoWorker .getStoreProductPromos ( delegator , dispatcher ,
> request )
>
> Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
> (Sourced file:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos)))

RE:

Brendan Vogt
Yes I did it 100% correct, Skip helped me a couple of weeks back and I just
followed his advice again yesterday.  Please just check my Log file to see
if I need to worry.  My point is I can't have a product with so many
warnings either.

Brendan Vogt wrote:
> [...]

> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos) (Error
> running BSH script at

[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.b
> sh], line [30]: Sourced file:

component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos : at Line:
30
> : in file:

component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : ProductPromoWorker .getStoreProductPromos ( delegator , dispatcher ,
> request )
>
> Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
> (Sourced file:

component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs

> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos)))

Re:

rajsaini
We may be in better position to help you if you list the steps followed
to install and run the Ofbiz.

Raj

Brendan Vogt wrote:

> Yes I did it 100% correct, Skip helped me a couple of weeks back and I just
> followed his advice again yesterday.  Please just check my Log file to see
> if I need to worry.  My point is I can't have a product with so many
> warnings either.

RE:

Brendan Vogt
Here is it step by step as what Skip explained:

Here is a step by step.

Open the My Computer - Manage - Services (or do it from the control panel)
and verify that postgres is running.  If not start it.

Select pgAdmin III from Start-Programs-PostgreSQLxxx

Right click on the database and select "Connect".  Then expand the databases
you see.

If you have an opentaps or obfiz database, select it (them) and then right
click and select "Delete/Drop"

Then expand "Login Roles".  If you have an ofbis user, right click on it and
enter "ofbiz" in the password field.

If you don't have an ofbiz user, create one with ofbiz as the password.
Make sure you check the can create databases and can create roles.

Then, right click on "DataBases" and select "New Database"

Enter the following in order in the resulting dialog:

ofbiz
<disabled field>
ofbiz
UTF-8
<leave it blank>
pg_default

Click the Ok button.

Close up pgAdmin

Open ...framework\entity\config\entityengine.xml with wordpad.exe

Go to line 52 and make sure the tag looks like this:

    <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localpostgres"/>
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
datasource-name=" localpostgres"/>
    </delegator>

Go to line 319 and make sure the tag there looks like this:

   <datasource name="localpostgres"
            helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"
            schema-name="public"
            field-type-name="postgres"
            check-on-start="true"
            add-missing-on-start="true"
            use-fk-initially-deferred="false"
            alias-view-columns="false"
            join-style="ansi"
            result-fetch-size="50"
            use-binary-type-for-blob="true">
        <read-data reader-name="seed"/>
        <read-data reader-name="demo"/>
        <read-data reader-name="ext"/>
        <inline-jdbc
                jdbc-driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
                jdbc-uri="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/ofbiz"
                jdbc-username="ofbiz"
                jdbc-password="ofbiz"
                isolation-level="ReadCommitted"
                pool-minsize="2"
                pool-maxsize="250"/>
    </datasource>

Save, and exit

get a command prompt in the ofbiz directory and type ant-run-install

Regards,
Brendan Vogt
Web Applications Developer
Telephone: +27 51 446 1494
Mobile: +27 73 650 6305

Brendan Vogt wrote:
> Yes I did it 100% correct, Skip helped me a couple of weeks back and I
just

> followed his advice again yesterday.  Please just check my Log file to see
> if I need to worry.  My point is I can't have a product with so many
> warnings either.

Re:

rajsaini
This seems to be perfectly fine. I believe command you have used is ant
run-install and not ant-run-install.

Look into the logs for any exception. Better remove the logs and re-run
the install process. Watch the logs for any exceptions. If all goes fine
run the Ofbiz with ant run.

Raj

Brendan Vogt wrote:

> Here is it step by step as what Skip explained:
>
> Here is a step by step.
>
> Open the My Computer - Manage - Services (or do it from the control panel)
> and verify that postgres is running.  If not start it.
>
> Select pgAdmin III from Start-Programs-PostgreSQLxxx
>
> Right click on the database and select "Connect".  Then expand the databases
> you see.
>
> If you have an opentaps or obfiz database, select it (them) and then right
> click and select "Delete/Drop"
>
> Then expand "Login Roles".  If you have an ofbis user, right click on it and
> enter "ofbiz" in the password field.
>
> If you don't have an ofbiz user, create one with ofbiz as the password.
> Make sure you check the can create databases and can create roles.
>
> Then, right click on "DataBases" and select "New Database"
>
> Enter the following in order in the resulting dialog:
>
> ofbiz
> <disabled field>
> ofbiz
> UTF-8
> <leave it blank>
> pg_default
>
> Click the Ok button.
>
> Close up pgAdmin
>
> Open ...framework\entity\config\entityengine.xml with wordpad.exe
>
> Go to line 52 and make sure the tag looks like this:
>
>     <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
> distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localpostgres"/>
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
> datasource-name=" localpostgres"/>
>     </delegator>
>
> Go to line 319 and make sure the tag there looks like this:
>
>    <datasource name="localpostgres"
>             helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"
>             schema-name="public"
>             field-type-name="postgres"
>             check-on-start="true"
>             add-missing-on-start="true"
>             use-fk-initially-deferred="false"
>             alias-view-columns="false"
>             join-style="ansi"
>             result-fetch-size="50"
>             use-binary-type-for-blob="true">
>         <read-data reader-name="seed"/>
>         <read-data reader-name="demo"/>
>         <read-data reader-name="ext"/>
>         <inline-jdbc
>                 jdbc-driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
>                 jdbc-uri="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/ofbiz"
>                 jdbc-username="ofbiz"
>                 jdbc-password="ofbiz"
>                 isolation-level="ReadCommitted"
>                 pool-minsize="2"
>                 pool-maxsize="250"/>
>     </datasource>
>
> Save, and exit
>
> get a command prompt in the ofbiz directory and type ant-run-install
>

> Regards,
> Brendan Vogt
> Web Applications Developer
> Telephone: +27 51 446 1494
> Mobile: +27 73 650 6305

RE:

Brendan Vogt
He made a spelling mistake.

I will do it again, but I did it 3 times yesterday and all three times I got
the same error.  Zillions of warnings as well.  I think there was about 3
exceptions.

Brendan Vogt wrote:

> Here is it step by step as what Skip explained:
>
> Here is a step by step.
>
> Open the My Computer - Manage - Services (or do it from the control panel)
> and verify that postgres is running.  If not start it.
>
> Select pgAdmin III from Start-Programs-PostgreSQLxxx
>
> Right click on the database and select "Connect".  Then expand the
databases
> you see.
>
> If you have an opentaps or obfiz database, select it (them) and then right
> click and select "Delete/Drop"
>
> Then expand "Login Roles".  If you have an ofbis user, right click on it
and

> enter "ofbiz" in the password field.
>
> If you don't have an ofbiz user, create one with ofbiz as the password.
> Make sure you check the can create databases and can create roles.
>
> Then, right click on "DataBases" and select "New Database"
>
> Enter the following in order in the resulting dialog:
>
> ofbiz
> <disabled field>
> ofbiz
> UTF-8
> <leave it blank>
> pg_default
>
> Click the Ok button.
>
> Close up pgAdmin
>
> Open ...framework\entity\config\entityengine.xml with wordpad.exe
>
> Go to line 52 and make sure the tag looks like this:
>
>     <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
> entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
> distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz"
datasource-name="localpostgres"/>

>         <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
> datasource-name=" localpostgres"/>
>     </delegator>
>
> Go to line 319 and make sure the tag there looks like this:
>
>    <datasource name="localpostgres"
>             helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"
>             schema-name="public"
>             field-type-name="postgres"
>             check-on-start="true"
>             add-missing-on-start="true"
>             use-fk-initially-deferred="false"
>             alias-view-columns="false"
>             join-style="ansi"
>             result-fetch-size="50"
>             use-binary-type-for-blob="true">
>         <read-data reader-name="seed"/>
>         <read-data reader-name="demo"/>
>         <read-data reader-name="ext"/>
>         <inline-jdbc
>                 jdbc-driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
>                 jdbc-uri="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/ofbiz"
>                 jdbc-username="ofbiz"
>                 jdbc-password="ofbiz"
>                 isolation-level="ReadCommitted"
>                 pool-minsize="2"
>                 pool-maxsize="250"/>
>     </datasource>
>
> Save, and exit
>
> get a command prompt in the ofbiz directory and type ant-run-install
>

> Regards,
> Brendan Vogt
> Web Applications Developer
> Telephone: +27 51 446 1494
> Mobile: +27 73 650 6305

Re: Errors

the download you did from the svn may be the problem
try doing an update from the svn trunk to see if you can add the missing
files.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/9/2007 8:13 AM:

> Yes I did it 100% correct, Skip helped me a couple of weeks back and I just
> followed his advice again yesterday.  Please just check my Log file to see
> if I need to worry.  My point is I can't have a product with so many
> warnings either.

Re:

you need to also install the demo data if you are not going to use the
catalog manager to add website, productstore, catalog, categories, products.
you also need to modify the ecommence web.xml for the website id you choose.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/9/2007 7:38 AM:

> [...]
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos) (Error
> running BSH script at
> [component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.b
> sh], line [30]: Sourced file:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos : at Line: 30
> : in file:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : ProductPromoWorker .getStoreProductPromos ( delegator , dispatcher ,
> request )
>
> Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
> (Sourced file:
> component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos)))

RE:

Brendan Vogt
I need everything except the payment gateways!!!  Where did I say I don't
want those sections??

> [...]

> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos) (Error
> running BSH script at

[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.b
> sh], line [30]: Sourced file:

component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos : at Line:
30
> : in file:

component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs
> h : ProductPromoWorker .getStoreProductPromos ( delegator , dispatcher ,
> request )
>
> Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
> (Sourced file:

component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/showpromotext.bs

> h : Method Invocation ProductPromoWorker.getStoreProductPromos)))

Re: errors

BJ Freeman
the comment about disabling sections . you did not specify which ones.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/9/2007 9:29 AM:

> I need everything except the payment gateways!!!  Where did I say I don't
> want those sections??

Re: RE:

Tim Ruppert
Please spend more time on docs.ofbiz.org - ALL of the information
you're asking about is there.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Dec 9, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> I need everything except the payment gateways!!!  Where did I say I
> don't
> want those sections??

RE: errors

Brendan Vogt
I need everything except the payment gateway and the check out, categories I
need, and the rest I need as well.

I will use OFBiz if someone can help me why I have so many warnings and
exceptions when running it with ant run-install.  Can I send log files any
where?