ofbiz_logo.jpg

michael j
Hi,

I made a new logo - same size and type as the default ofbiz_logo.jpg.
When I copy this new logo to
/path/to/ofbiz/framework/images/webapp/images and then rename the file
ofbiz_logo.jpg then it is displayed successfully.

I decided to try to do this a little more intelligently and so I changed
the instances of text "ofbiz_logo.jpg" in
/path/to/ofbiz/framework/common/widget/CommonScreens.xml to the filename
I created but it still displays the old logo. Does anyone know why?

Michael

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

BJ Freeman

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

Enrique Ruibal

Try First changing tha field value for VT_HDR_IMAGE_URL it is set by
default to the field value of RESOURCE_VALUE as /images/ofbiz_logo.jpg
on the visual_theme_resource_table.

Put your own image name and path there and see what happens afterwards.

Regards,

-Enrique Ruibal

G. Michael Jean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a new logo - same size and type as the default ofbiz_logo.jpg.
> When I copy this new logo to
> /path/to/ofbiz/framework/images/webapp/images and then rename the file
> ofbiz_logo.jpg then it is displayed successfully.
>
> I decided to try to do this a little more intelligently and so I changed
> the instances of text "ofbiz_logo.jpg" in
> /path/to/ofbiz/framework/common/widget/CommonScreens.xml to the filename
> I created but it still displays the old logo. Does anyone know why?
>

> Michael

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

BJ Freeman

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
A bit deprecated but still usable. But I wonder if people are aware of the wiki search feature :p

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

BJ Freeman

I am johnny come lately, so it looks like themes came in the back door
and has circumvented the ofbiz coding practices and framework instead of
enhancing it.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 12:36 AM:

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
> A bit deprecated but still usable. But I wonder if people are aware of
> the wiki search feature :p
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
> is there a wiki that shows how to use the visual themes?
>
> Enrique Ruibal A. sent the following on 2/1/2009 3:12 PM:

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

Could you elaborate you POV, please ?

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

> I am johnny come lately, so it looks like themes came in the back door
> and has circumvented the ofbiz coding practices and framework instead of
> enhancing it.
>

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 12:36 AM:
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
>> A bit deprecated but still usable. But I wonder if people are aware of
>> the wiki search feature :p
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> is there a wiki that shows how to use the visual themes?
>>
>> Enrique Ruibal A. sent the following on 2/1/2009 3:12 PM:

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

BJ Freeman

1) the themes has a folder outside of framework or specialpurpose.
Believe it should be in framework/common/webcommon/themes
2) the java convention is not used for say VT_SHORTCUT_ICON instead of
being vtShortcutIcon
3) VT_SHORTCUT_ICON is used as a  <Enumeration enumId so should not be
used as a variable.
4)if an application uses headerTemplateLocation then it is overridden
                <set field="headerTemplateLocation"
from-field="layoutSettings.VT_HDR_TMPLT_LOC[0]"
default-value="component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl"/>
so the purpose of headerTemplateLocation  is defeated.
the same for
footerTemplateLocation
appbarTemplateLocation
messagesTemplateLocation
5)having moved the location of the headerTemplateLocation  to the entity
 VisualThemeResource without providing ways of custom application the
standard way to pass this information breaks the model.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 2:18 AM:

> Could you elaborate you POV, please ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
> I am johnny come lately, so it looks like themes came in the back door
> and has circumvented the ofbiz coding practices and framework instead of
> enhancing it.
>

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 12:36 AM:

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

Adrian Crum
BJ,

The visual themes framework has been discussed in the dev mailing list
and in a Jira issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1885) -
so it is not accurate to say that it came in the back door.

The general idea is to have pluggable visual themes. The first choice
was to have the themes kept in the hot-deploy folder - so that
downloaded themes could be added automatically. Later, the themes folder
was created specifically for this purpose, but the behavior is the same
as hot-deploy - just drop your downloaded theme into the folder and it
will be added automatically.

You made a good point about the naming convention used in the
layoutSettings Map. We could modify the theme services to convert the
enum IDs to the Java naming convention. Perhaps you could get a
discussion going on the dev mailing list for that.

The purpose of headerTemplateLocation hasn't been defeated, it is just
implemented differently. If you want to specify a different header
template, then you simply change the value in the VisualThemeResource
entity.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:

> 1) the themes has a folder outside of framework or specialpurpose.
> Believe it should be in framework/common/webcommon/themes
> 2) the java convention is not used for say VT_SHORTCUT_ICON instead of
> being vtShortcutIcon
> 3) VT_SHORTCUT_ICON is used as a  <Enumeration enumId so should not be
> used as a variable.
> 4)if an application uses headerTemplateLocation then it is overridden
>                 <set field="headerTemplateLocation"
> from-field="layoutSettings.VT_HDR_TMPLT_LOC[0]"
> default-value="component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl"/>
> so the purpose of headerTemplateLocation  is defeated.
> the same for
> footerTemplateLocation
> appbarTemplateLocation
> messagesTemplateLocation
> 5)having moved the location of the headerTemplateLocation  to the entity
>  VisualThemeResource without providing ways of custom application the
> standard way to pass this information breaks the model.
>

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 2:18 AM:
>> Could you elaborate you POV, please ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> I am johnny come lately, so it looks like themes came in the back door
>> and has circumvented the ofbiz coding practices and framework instead of
>> enhancing it.
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 12:36 AM:

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

David E Jones-3

On Feb 2, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> You made a good point about the naming convention used in the
> layoutSettings Map. We could modify the theme services to convert
> the enum IDs to the Java naming convention. Perhaps you could get a
> discussion going on the dev mailing list for that.

Actually I think this part is fine too. Those are ID values and not
variable names. In most of OFBiz we use the this pattern rather than
Java naming conventions.

-David

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
> 1) the themes has a folder outside of framework or specialpurpose.
> Believe it should be in framework/common/webcommon/themes

Visual Themes are not a part of the framework, that's why they are now in \themes and are used as Adrian explained in another answer

Jacques

> 2) the java convention is not used for say VT_SHORTCUT_ICON instead of
> being vtShortcutIcon
> 3) VT_SHORTCUT_ICON is used as a  <Enumeration enumId so should not be
> used as a variable.
> 4)if an application uses headerTemplateLocation then it is overridden
>                <set field="headerTemplateLocation"
> from-field="layoutSettings.VT_HDR_TMPLT_LOC[0]"
> default-value="component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl"/>
> so the purpose of headerTemplateLocation  is defeated.
> the same for
> footerTemplateLocation
> appbarTemplateLocation
> messagesTemplateLocation
> 5)having moved the location of the headerTemplateLocation  to the entity
> VisualThemeResource without providing ways of custom application the
> standard way to pass this information breaks the model.
>

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 2:18 AM:
>> Could you elaborate you POV, please ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> I am johnny come lately, so it looks like themes came in the back door
>> and has circumvented the ofbiz coding practices and framework instead of
>> enhancing it.
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 12:36 AM:

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

In line

Adrian Crum sent the following on 2/2/2009 8:33 AM:
> BJ,
>
> The visual themes framework has been discussed in the dev mailing list
> and in a Jira issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1885) -
> so it is not accurate to say that it came in the back door.
Ok maybe.

> The general idea is to have pluggable visual themes. The first choice
> was to have the themes kept in the hot-deploy folder - so that
> downloaded themes could be added automatically. Later, the themes folder
> was created specifically for this purpose, but the behavior is the same
> as hot-deploy - just drop your downloaded theme into the folder and it
> will be added automatically.
Agree but why not in the framework Don't see any reason. so if the
Framework is used now you have to remember to pull along a separate folder

> You made a good point about the naming convention used in the
> layoutSettings Map. We could modify the theme services to convert the
> enum IDs to the Java naming convention. Perhaps you could get a
> discussion going on the dev mailing list for that.
to me enum IDs Dont have values, maybe I missed something along the
lines. The ID then has a field Resources that has a value.

> The purpose of headerTemplateLocation hasn't been defeated, it is just
> implemented differently. If you want to specify a different header
> template, then you simply change the value in the VisualThemeResource
> entity.

What if I don't want global Themes, for my custom app.
I have my own ftl files I want to use.
should check if the value is used before using adding Like all the rest.
                    <condition>
                        <if-empty field-name="applicationFooterTemplate"/>
                    </condition>

> -Adrian
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
> 1) the themes has a folder outside of framework or specialpurpose.
> Believe it should be in framework/common/webcommon/themes
> 2) the java convention is not used for say VT_SHORTCUT_ICON instead of
> being vtShortcutIcon
> 3) VT_SHORTCUT_ICON is used as a  <Enumeration enumId so should not be
> used as a variable.
> 4)if an application uses headerTemplateLocation then it is overridden
>                 <set field="headerTemplateLocation"
> from-field="layoutSettings.VT_HDR_TMPLT_LOC[0]"
> default-value="component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl"/>
> so the purpose of headerTemplateLocation  is defeated.
> the same for
> footerTemplateLocation
> appbarTemplateLocation
> messagesTemplateLocation
> 5)having moved the location of the headerTemplateLocation  to the entity
>  VisualThemeResource without providing ways of custom application the
> standard way to pass this information breaks the model.
>

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 2:18 AM:

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

David E Jones-3

On Feb 2, 2009, at 11:00 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> Adrian Crum sent the following on 2/2/2009 8:33 AM:
>>
>> The general idea is to have pluggable visual themes. The first choice
>> was to have the themes kept in the hot-deploy folder - so that
>> downloaded themes could be added automatically. Later, the themes
>> folder
>> was created specifically for this purpose, but the behavior is the
>> same
>> as hot-deploy - just drop your downloaded theme into the folder and
>> it
>> will be added automatically.
> Agree but why not in the framework Don't see any reason. so if the
> Framework is used now you have to remember to pull along a separate
> folder

I guess if you don't see it you may not be looking hard enough...

The point is to have something external to the framework so that
different people can work on it, and so LOTS of people can work on and
refine themes without having to be framework developers. Over time
this should not only give options but significantly improve the
appearance and usability of the UI of OFBiz.

It is all about lowering the bar for contributions. It is separate
from the framework and doesn't require framework development to get
involved with.

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

Re: ofbiz_logo.jpg

Yes, what through me was that visual themes overrode the frameworks
Commonscreen model.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/2/2009 9:45 AM: