physical inventory error

mike_mcmillan
I tried to perform a physical inventory, but I got an error.  I selected an inventory item, and wanted to damage some product out.  When it asks for the ATP Var and the QOH Var, it that for the new count, or how many was damaged?  Anyways I got error that is attached.  If anyone could hint what is wrong, that would be great.
Mike

Re: physical inventory error

BJ Freeman
what is the SVN and rev of your code.
can you provide the URL where you got this error.
thanks

mike_mcmillan sent the following on 2/5/2008 12:30 PM:
> I tried to perform a physical inventory, but I got an error.  I selected an
> inventory item, and wanted to damage some product out.  When it asks for the
> ATP Var and the QOH Var, it that for the new count, or how many was damaged?
> Anyways I got error that is attached.  If anyone could hint what is wrong,
> that would be great.
> Mike http://www.nabble.com/file/p15298792/physical%2Binventory%2Berror.png

Re: physical inventory error

Evangelina Bowman
Hi,

I'm getting a similar error when trying to complete a POS order. After I select the payment type and click the FINISH button, I get the error below. SVN: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk and Revision: 614868.

stack trace ---------------------------------------------------------------
org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException: Could not commit transaction for service [storeOrder] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction, was rolled back instead because of: Service [createAcctgTransAndEntries] threw an unexpected exception/errororg.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException: The following required parameter is missing: [OUT] [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId] (The following required parameter is missing: [OUT] [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId])

BJ Freeman wrote
what is the SVN and rev of your code.
can you provide the URL where you got this error.
thanks

mike_mcmillan sent the following on 2/5/2008 12:30 PM:
> I tried to perform a physical inventory, but I got an error.  I selected an
> inventory item, and wanted to damage some product out.  When it asks for the
> ATP Var and the QOH Var, it that for the new count, or how many was damaged?
> Anyways I got error that is attached.  If anyone could hint what is wrong,
> that would be great.
> Mike http://www.nabble.com/file/p15298792/physical%2Binventory%2Berror.png

Re: physical inventory error

Hi Mike,

the error is caused by an automatic GL transaction (associated to the
inventory variance) that cannot be posted to the GL; in rev. 618962 I've
committed a change that should fix the error.
However, you should setup an error journal so that the failing
transactions (like this one) are sent there without stopping the process
with an error message:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Complete+the+implementation+of+the+Accounting+component+%28GL%29

(see the section "Tips to setup an error journal and prevent errors
caused by incomplete GL accounting setup").

Cheers,

Jacopo

mike_mcmillan wrote:
> I tried to perform a physical inventory, but I got an error.  I selected an
> inventory item, and wanted to damage some product out.  When it asks for the
> ATP Var and the QOH Var, it that for the new count, or how many was damaged?
> Anyways I got error that is attached.  If anyone could hint what is wrong,
> that would be great.
> Mike http://www.nabble.com/file/p15298792/physical%2Binventory%2Berror.png

Re: physical inventory error

Hi Evangelina,

you should try to setup an error journal (see my notes to my response to
Mike's post in this thread): then you can go to the accounting component
and check the failing transaction in the error journal (and maybe send
us the details about it).

Cheers,

Jacopo

Evangelina Bowman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a similar error when trying to complete a POS order. After I
> select the payment type and click the FINISH button, I get the error below.
> SVN: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk and Revision: 614868.
>
> stack trace ---------------------------------------------------------------
> org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException: Could not commit transaction for
> service [storeOrder] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction,
> was rolled back instead because of: Service [createAcctgTransAndEntries]
> threw an unexpected
> exception/errororg.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException: The following
> required parameter is missing: [OUT]
> [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId] (The following required parameter
> is missing: [OUT] [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId])
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> what is the SVN and rev of your code.
>> can you provide the URL where you got this error.
>> thanks
>>
>> mike_mcmillan sent the following on 2/5/2008 12:30 PM:
>>> I tried to perform a physical inventory, but I got an error.  I selected
>>> an
>>> inventory item, and wanted to damage some product out.  When it asks for
>>> the
>>> ATP Var and the QOH Var, it that for the new count, or how many was
>>> damaged?
>>> Anyways I got error that is attached.  If anyone could hint what is
>>> wrong,
>>> that would be great.
>>> Mike
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p15298792/physical%2Binventory%2Berror.png

Re: physical inventory error

Evangelina Bowman
Hi Jacopo,

Thank you. I already have the error journal setup which helped me with other issues/erros.  This time it does not go there.   I get this error with certain products only - marketing packages to be exact.  Any other ideas?

Jacopo Cappellato wrote

Evangelina Bowman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a similar error when trying to complete a POS order. After I
> select the payment type and click the FINISH button, I get the error below.
> SVN: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk and Revision: 614868.
>
> stack trace ---------------------------------------------------------------
> org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException: Could not commit transaction for
> service [storeOrder] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction,
> was rolled back instead because of: Service [createAcctgTransAndEntries]
> threw an unexpected
> exception/errororg.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException: The following
> required parameter is missing: [OUT]
> [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId] (The following required parameter
> is missing: [OUT] [createAcctgTransAndEntries.acctgTransId])
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> what is the SVN and rev of your code.
>> can you provide the URL where you got this error.
>> thanks
>>
>> mike_mcmillan sent the following on 2/5/2008 12:30 PM:
>>> I tried to perform a physical inventory, but I got an error.  I selected
>>> an
>>> inventory item, and wanted to damage some product out.  When it asks for
>>> the
>>> ATP Var and the QOH Var, it that for the new count, or how many was
>>> damaged?
>>> Anyways I got error that is attached.  If anyone could hint what is
>>> wrong,
>>> that would be great.
>>> Mike
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p15298792/physical%2Binventory%2Berror.png

Re: physical inventory error

Jacopo Cappellato
Interesting... is it happening in POS when you complete an order for a
marketing package?
Could you please send us the complete log message (attaching it to a
Jira issue is probably the easiest way, since in this mailing list the
attachments are removed from messages).