preocess data between freemarker and services

preocess data between freemarker and services

byte
Hello

I want to ask is it possible to send data from fremarker template to beanshell/groovy to input of service and the other way from output of service to benashell/groovy to freemareker ?

10x all

Re: preocess data between freemarker and services

Adrian Crum-2
No.

Controller -> business logic/data preparation -> presentation.

Take some time to investigate MVC programming.

-Adrian

> I want to ask is it possible to send data from fremarker
> template to beanshell/groovy to input of service and the
> other way from output of service to benashell/groovy to
> freemareker ?
>
> 10x all

Re: preocess data between freemarker and services

byte
10x

I am confused because in hello2 example ( http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/hello_world2.php)
presentation layer is freemarker template and the data gathering is beanshell script.

In hello3 (http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/hello_world3.php) is used java service for business logic and  widgets (screen-widgets, form-widgets ) for presentation  layer.

I was confused is it possible to use freemarker for presentation layer and java service for business logic?

10x for help

Adrian Crum-2 wrote
No.

Controller -> business logic/data preparation -> presentation.

Take some time to investigate MVC programming.

-Adrian

> I want to ask is it possible to send data from fremarker
> template to beanshell/groovy to input of service and the
> other way from output of service to benashell/groovy to
> freemareker ?
>
> 10x all

Re: preocess data between freemarker and services

BJ Freeman
freemaker and widgets are presentation.
and you can use scripts with both.
you can also call a service thru the controller that returns to the
controller and send to the view which is the prentation layer.

so all three follow Controller -> business logic/data preparation ->
presentation.
just different ways of doing it.

byte sent the following on 11/8/2008 3:23 AM:

> 10x
>
> I am confused because in hello2 example (
> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/hello_world2.php)
> presentation layer is freemarker template and the data gathering is
> beanshell script.
>
> In hello3 (http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/hello_world3.php) is
> used java service for business logic and  widgets (screen-widgets,
> form-widgets ) for presentation  layer.
>
> I was confused is it possible to use freemarker for presentation layer and
> java service for business logic?
>
> 10x for help
>

> Adrian Crum-2 wrote:
>> No.
>>
>> Controller -> business logic/data preparation -> presentation.
>>
>> Take some time to investigate MVC programming.
>>
>> -Adrian

10x  very much

BJ Freeman wrote