printing shipping labels

Zemian Deng
Hi,

Does Ofbiz have module that support shipping vendor like FedEx?

Is there any doc/reference on how I can implements custom software to print
the shipping label when a order is ship?

Much Thanks,
- Zemian Deng

Re: printing shipping labels

BJ Freeman
search the user mailing list archive for
subject: 4.0 help with fedex servers, weighing, and printing labels

Zemian Deng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does Ofbiz have module that support shipping vendor like FedEx?
>
> Is there any doc/reference on how I can implements custom software to print
> the shipping label when a order is ship?
>
> Much Thanks,
> - Zemian Deng

Re: printing shipping labels

Zemian Deng
I found
http://www.nabble.com/4.0-help-with-fedex-servers%2C-weighing%2C-and-printing-labels-td19781004.html#a19785450

I was hoping to get little more information on sending the data to a
printer. Is there a library available that I can use to format and print a
certain standsize shipping label that FedEx will accept?

I know this might be out of line to ask in this mailing list, but I am just
curious if anyone has done on work on this area and can give me some
pointer. I wonder if it's more practically to get a third-party software the
can print to printer then integrate back to Ofbiz system, or I should
consider writing it myself.

Thanks in advance.
-Z

http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala - a Scala web framework.

Re: printing shipping labels

BJ Freeman
are you talking about a printing different from printing the pdf?

Zemian Deng wrote:

> I found
> http://www.nabble.com/4.0-help-with-fedex-servers%2C-weighing%2C-and-printing-labels-td19781004.html#a19785450
>
> I was hoping to get little more information on sending the data to a
> printer. Is there a library available that I can use to format and print a
> certain standsize shipping label that FedEx will accept?
>
> I know this might be out of line to ask in this mailing list, but I am just
> curious if anyone has done on work on this area and can give me some
> pointer. I wonder if it's more practically to get a third-party software the
> can print to printer then integrate back to Ofbiz system, or I should
> consider writing it myself.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Z
>
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> search the user mailing list archive for
>> subject: 4.0 help with fedex servers, weighing, and printing labels
>>

>> Zemian Deng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does Ofbiz have module that support shipping vendor like FedEx?
>>>
>>> Is there any doc/reference on how I can implements custom software to
>>> print
>>> the shipping label when a order is ship?
>>>
>>> Much Thanks,
>>> - Zemian Deng

Re: printing shipping labels

BJ Freeman
my bad I mean
framework/webtools/src/org/ofbiz/webtools/print/applet/PdfPrintApplet.java