problem with cyrillic translation

byte
Hello

I want to translate the .properties files  in cyrillic  alphabet but they do not appear proper. (??? or some strange symbols)
I use utf-8 and save the .properties files with utf-8 encoding.

Please help
10x all

Re: problem with cyrillic translation

The trunk don't use *UiLabels.properties files anymore but *UiLabels.xml files.

Else if you use the release4.0 or and older version you may edit *UiLabels.properties following these advices
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3889

in this page the link to RBE advices does not exist anymore here it is :
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3563#Plugins-Properties(.properties)

If you intend to contribute to OFBiz, it's nice. Else if it's for you own usage, please use rather user ML for such questions :

From: "byte" <[hidden email]>

> Hello
>
> I want to translate the .properties files  in cyrillic  alphabet but they do
> not appear proper. (??? or some strange symbols)
> I use utf-8 and save the .properties files with utf-8 encoding.
>
> Please help
> 10x all

Re: problem with cyrillic translation

hans_bakker
we have now converted all the poperties files to xml where you can
directly enter the cyrillic characters.

Otherwise use a plugin in Eclipse to translate the characters to a
displayable format in properties files...

Regards,
Hans

AntWebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates.....

Re: problem with cyrillic translation

Bilgin Ibryam

Regarding property bundles, you must create them in ASCII, or use
Unicode escape codes to represent Unicode characters.
You can represent a Unicode character like \uXXXX, where XXXX is the
hexidecimal representation of the character.

For an example take a look at Russian property files.

Bilgin