product price purpose

masionas
Hi All, I wonder why there is no "SELL" purpose price type by default in the data seed? there are only a few:

PURCHASE
RECURRING_CHARGE
USAGE_CHARGE
COMPONENT_PRICE

From what I understand PURCHASE purpose is to mark actually the cost of product supplier charges us. But then the logical question arises why there is no mirror entry with SELL type id to mark the sell price we charge the customer? I appreciate any replies on it. Thanks.

Re: product price purpose

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi John,

I agree it is a bit confusing, but PURCHASE is what you are looking for.

Jacopo

JohnBrown wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder why there is no "SELL" purpose price type by default in the data
> seed? there are only a few:
>

> PURCHASE
>
> RECURRING_CHARGE
>
> USAGE_CHARGE
>
> COMPONENT_PRICE
>

>>From what I understand PURCHASE purpose is to mark actually the cost of
> product supplier charges us. But then the logical question arises why there
> is no mirror entry with SELL type id to mark the sell price we charge the
> customer?
>
> I appreciate any replies on it. Thanks.

Re: product price purpose

there can be a lot of sell prices.
the Default price is usually the one you sell for.

COMPONENT_PRICE is the one you need.

JohnBrown sent the following on 12/18/2007 1:04 PM:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder why there is no "SELL" purpose price type by default in the data
> seed? there are only a few:
>

> PURCHASE
>
> RECURRING_CHARGE
>
> USAGE_CHARGE
>
> COMPONENT_PRICE
>

>>From what I understand PURCHASE purpose is to mark actually the cost of
> product supplier charges us. But then the logical question arises why there
> is no mirror entry with SELL type id to mark the sell price we charge the
> customer?
>
> I appreciate any replies on it. Thanks.

Re: product price purpose

masionas
Hi Jacopo,

Do you mean that "PURCHASE" purpose in this case means actually SELL purpose? Ongoing question is where in ofbiz the proper place to store the cost of the product, the cost which supplier charges us. I use 'SupplierProduct.lastPrice' field, is that it?

Again, thanks for the replies.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote

JohnBrown wrote:
> Hi Jacopo,
>
> Do you mean that "PURCHASE" purpose in this case means actually SELL
> purpose?

Yes

> Ongoing question is where in ofbiz the proper place to store the
> cost of the product, the cost which supplier charges us. I use
> 'SupplierProduct.lastPrice' field, is that it?

Yes, that is the correct place.

> Again, thanks for the replies.

You are welcome

Jacopo