recording lead followup information

Rajesh Mallah
Hi List,

Before creating a sales opportunity from a lead record in SFA we want to
store the information on the next followup date of a lead.

Is there any related data model or entity for that ?

*I am trying to follow
https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/
<https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/>
*

regds
mallah.

Re: recording lead followup information

Rajesh,

nextStepDate ?

Jacques

Le 16/02/2019 à 17:24, Rajesh Mallah a écrit :

> Hi List,
>
> Before creating a sales opportunity from a lead record in SFA we want to
> store the information on the next followup date of a lead.
>
> Is there any related data model or entity for that ?
>
> *I am trying to follow
> https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/
> <https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/>
> *
>
> regds
> mallah.

Re: recording lead followup information

Rajesh Mallah
Hi Jacques ,

Nice to hear from you and the List  ,
Once again i am on  OFBiz for a different project this time and loving it !

nextStepDate is available when we create the sales opportunity.

Many a times the lead needs to be followed up before deciding to convert it
to a
account/contact combination or creating a sales opportunity.

I feel That workflow of followup cannot be captured with the current data
model.

Although i try my best to use existing models , but To deal with this i
created
a new Entity  in a separate schema of my DB ( so as not to pollute ofbiz
entities)

\d contrib.lead_followup
                   Table "contrib.lead_followup"
     Column     |           Type           |       Modifiers
----------------+--------------------------+------------------------
 party_id       | character varying(20)    | not null
 role_type_id   | character varying(20)    | not null
 next_step      | text                     | not null
 next_step_date | timestamp with time zone | not null
 from_date      | timestamp with time zone | not null default now()
 thru_date      | timestamp with time zone |
Foreign-key constraints:
    "lead_followup_party_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (party_id, role_type_id)
REFERENCES ofbiz.party_role(party_id, role_type_id)

This serves my current purpose .

regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.
redgrape.tech

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:14 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rajesh,
>
> nextStepDate ?
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 16/02/2019 à 17:24, Rajesh Mallah a écrit :
> > Hi List,
> >
> > Before creating a sales opportunity from a lead record in SFA we want to
> > store the information on the next followup date of a lead.
> >
> > Is there any related data model or entity for that ?
> >
> > *I am trying to follow
> >
> https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/
> > <
> https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/
> >
> > *
> >
> > regds
> > mallah.

Re: recording lead followup information

I see, makes sense indeed, happy it works for you :)

Maybe you could suggest a change in a Jira?

Jacques

Le 19/02/2019 à 14:16, Rajesh Mallah a écrit :

> Hi Jacques ,
>
> Nice to hear from you and the List  ,
> Once again i am on  OFBiz for a different project this time and loving it !
>

> nextStepDate is available when we create the sales opportunity.
>
> Many a times the lead needs to be followed up before deciding to convert it
> to a
> account/contact combination or creating a sales opportunity.
>
> I feel That workflow of followup cannot be captured with the current data
> model.
>
> Although i try my best to use existing models , but To deal with this i
> created
> a new Entity  in a separate schema of my DB ( so as not to pollute ofbiz
> entities)
>
> \d contrib.lead_followup
>                     Table "contrib.lead_followup"
>       Column     |           Type           |       Modifiers
> ----------------+--------------------------+------------------------
>   party_id       | character varying(20)    | not null
>   role_type_id   | character varying(20)    | not null
>   next_step      | text                     | not null
>   next_step_date | timestamp with time zone | not null
>   from_date      | timestamp with time zone | not null default now()
>   thru_date      | timestamp with time zone |
> Foreign-key constraints:
>      "lead_followup_party_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (party_id, role_type_id)
> REFERENCES ofbiz.party_role(party_id, role_type_id)
>
> This serves my current purpose .
>
> regds
> Rajesh Kumar Mallah.
> redgrape.tech
>

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:14 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Rajesh,
>>
>> nextStepDate ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 16/02/2019 à 17:24, Rajesh Mallah a écrit :
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> Before creating a sales opportunity from a lead record in SFA we want to
>>> store the information on the next followup date of a lead.
>>>
>>> Is there any related data model or entity for that ?
>>>
>>> *I am trying to follow
>>>
>> https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/
>>> <
>> https://www.shellblack.com/whiteboard/overview-of-leads-account-and-contacts-the-salesforce-data-model/
>>> *
>>>
>>> regds
>>> mallah.

Re: recording lead followup information

saniya838
Informative Post. SevenMentor is one of the leading institutes in Pune that provides comprehensive Salesforce training to all its applicants. We offer real-time training to the student for a hands-on literacy experience. The coaches cover all important aspects of the salesforce unit's class like CRM, Cloud computing, configurations, data running, dashboards, and SQL & SOSL.

Source: Salesforce Classes in Pune