renaming common theme component

taher
Hi everyone,

I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
problems because of that.

The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
name of the other component is common-theme.

I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
writing scripts to iterate over components.

opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

I see no problems with that, maybe rename themes/common to themes/commons would be enough?

Jacques

Le 12/01/2018 à 17:10, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
> themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
> problems because of that.
>
> The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
> name of the other component is common-theme.
>
> I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
> This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
> name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
> writing scripts to iterate over components.
>
> opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

taher
Hmm, I think it would be okay, but I suggested common-theme so that
the directory name matches the component name. As a general rule I
would think this is a good idea no?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:53 PM, Jacques Le Roux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see no problems with that, maybe rename themes/common to themes/commons
> would be enough?
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 12/01/2018 à 17:10, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
>> themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
>> problems because of that.
>>
>> The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
>> name of the other component is common-theme.
>>
>> I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
>> This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
>> name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
>> writing scripts to iterate over components.
>>
>> opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

Yes it's clearer indeed +1

Jacques

Le 12/01/2018 à 17:58, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> Hmm, I think it would be okay, but I suggested common-theme so that
> the directory name matches the component name. As a general rule I
> would think this is a good idea no?
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:53 PM, Jacques Le Roux
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I see no problems with that, maybe rename themes/common to themes/commons
>> would be enough?
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 12/01/2018 à 17:10, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
>>> themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
>>> problems because of that.
>>>
>>> The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
>>> name of the other component is common-theme.
>>>
>>> I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
>>> This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
>>> name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
>>> writing scripts to iterate over components.
>>>
>>> opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

Nicolas Malin-2
When I created this component I have been hesitate to create
theme/common-theme or theme/common. The first is seem more redundancy
than the second. It's the only reason so if you have a better reason,
feel free :)

Nicolas

Le 12/01/2018 à 17:10, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
> themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
> problems because of that.
>
> The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
> name of the other component is common-theme.
>
> I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
> This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
> name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
> writing scripts to iterate over components.
>
> opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

taher
The name is perfectly fine, and actually it does not make a lot of
difference whatever name you chose. And any way from my perspective you've
done a fantastic job with that common theme.

The reason I suggest to change the name is not because of the name but
because I need to guarantee uniqueness. I was working on an issue today and
had a problem that was caused by having duplicate directory names. Now I
can of course have a workaround but that would add complexity. So it seemed
like the simpler choice is to rename. But hey I am open to any ideas you
may have too.

On Jan 12, 2018 10:05 PM, "Nicolas Malin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I created this component I have been hesitate to create
> theme/common-theme or theme/common. The first is seem more redundancy than
> the second. It's the only reason so if you have a better reason, feel free
> :)
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le 12/01/2018 à 17:10, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
>> themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
>> problems because of that.
>>
>> The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
>> name of the other component is common-theme.
>>
>> I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
>> This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
>> name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
>> writing scripts to iterate over components.
>>
>> opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

Deepak Dixit-3
+1  Make sense, we can rename it to common-theme

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:03 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> The name is perfectly fine, and actually it does not make a lot of
> difference whatever name you chose. And any way from my perspective you've
> done a fantastic job with that common theme.
>
> The reason I suggest to change the name is not because of the name but
> because I need to guarantee uniqueness. I was working on an issue today and
> had a problem that was caused by having duplicate directory names. Now I
> can of course have a workaround but that would add complexity. So it seemed
> like the simpler choice is to rename. But hey I am open to any ideas you
> may have too.
>
> On Jan 12, 2018 10:05 PM, "Nicolas Malin" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > When I created this component I have been hesitate to create
> > theme/common-theme or theme/common. The first is seem more redundancy
> than
> > the second. It's the only reason so if you have a better reason, feel
> free
> > :)
> >
> > Nicolas
> >

> > Le 12/01/2018 à 17:10, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I noticed something that is problematic. framework/common and
> >> themes/common are both components within OFBiz and I faced a few
> >> problems because of that.
> >>
> >> The name of the component in framework/common is common whereas the
> >> name of the other component is common-theme.
> >>
> >> I propose renaming the directory themes/common to themes/common-theme.
> >> This would ensure all components inside OFBiz are holding a unique
> >> name and a unique directory name. I need that to make life easier in
> >> writing scripts to iterate over components.
> >>
> >> opinions?

Re: renaming common theme component

taher
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I created OFBIZ-10175 for the
rename. I believe a simple rename of the directory is all that I need
because everything is prefixed with component://. So I will go ahead
and simply rename unless you guys think there are other steps to take?