running out of database connections.....

running out of database connections.....

hans_bakker
I have several customer installations which have the same problem:
running out of database connections...

So there should be in the system that database iterators are not closed?

for example in createUserLoginPasswordHistory in logionServices.java,
line 391:
EntityListIterator eli = delegator.find("UserLoginPasswordHistory",.....

but is see no eli.close()

do i see this wrong or should this be corrected?

anybody else have the same database connections problem?

Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices

Re: running out of database connections.....

rajsaini
Hans,

I experienced this problem and I had to increase the concurrent open
connection to 500+. I sometime run a test server using same db server
instance and this limit is reached after running OFBiz for few days.
Traffic on server is not more than 2000 visits a day.

I have another instance where experiencing the similar problem but not
sure if it is due to database. I will post my finding soon.

Thanks,

Raj

Hans Bakker wrote:

> I have several customer installations which have the same problem:
> running out of database connections...
>
> So there should be in the system that database iterators are not closed?
>
> for example in createUserLoginPasswordHistory in logionServices.java,
> line 391:
> EntityListIterator eli = delegator.find("UserLoginPasswordHistory",.....
>
> but is see no eli.close()
>
> do i see this wrong or should this be corrected?
>
> anybody else have the same database connections problem?

Re: running out of database connections.....

David E Jones

Yes, that does need to be closed! I made the change in rev 690171.

BTW, did you find this by seeing an error about it not being closed? In theory that is what is supposed to happen...

-David

Hans Bakker wrote:

> I have several customer installations which have the same problem:
> running out of database connections...
>
> So there should be in the system that database iterators are not closed?
>
> for example in createUserLoginPasswordHistory in logionServices.java,
> line 391:
> EntityListIterator eli = delegator.find("UserLoginPasswordHistory",.....
>
> but is see no eli.close()
>
> do i see this wrong or should this be corrected?
>
> anybody else have the same database connections problem?

Re: running out of database connections.....

hans_bakker
I simply browsed the java code for 'find(' and check if iterators are
closed.....I also see some methods returning open iterators... how can
we be sure they are closed?

Are we sure that the iterator of a performFind service call is closed?

Hans