segregating party, catalog, inventory, etc between organizations

segregating party, catalog, inventory, etc between organizations

wt@teksavvy.com
Hello,

Given an enterprise with multiple organizations:
1. Does ofbiz currently provide a way to segregate access of employees managed by one organization  from another? I.e.  one organization would not be able to access the employees of another organization.
2. Assuming the segregation mention in 1 is possible.  Could this also apply to inventory, catalogs, projects, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Re: segregating party, catalog, inventory, etc between organizations

BJ Freeman
if you talking about a top organization with sub organization
yes with some customization.

buzlite sent the following on 8/19/2009 7:10 PM:

> Hello,
>
> Given an enterprise with multiple organizations:
> 1. Does ofbiz currently provide a way to segregate access of employees
> managed by one organization  from another? I.e.  one organization would not
> be able to access the employees of another organization.
> 2. Assuming the segregation mention in 1 is possible.  Could this also apply
> to inventory, catalogs, projects, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance.

http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
Systems Integrator.

Re: segregating party, catalog, inventory, etc between organizations

Adrian Crum-2
There is an effort underway to provide that functionality - http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/Ch8.

Specifically - http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/JR8.

-Adrian