service engine password cache

Mknott
We have used the service engine to schedule multiple batch services to run on a daily basis.  This works fine but after changing the password of the user account used to schedule the services, the services begin having issues.  The service will attempt to login using the user account used to schedule the service in order to update some service details, but because the password for the user account was changed, this login will fail.  After 3 such attempts the user account account will become disabled.  We have attempted to flush cache and have even restarted the instance, but it did not help.  When the password for the user account was changed back to the original password, the services no longer failed.  Another option is to cancel all batch services and schedule them from scratch.  Ofbiz will then pick up the newly updated password.  This method is not a desired method of resolving the issue.

My first inclination is to believe that this password is being cached somewhere but a cache should've been flushed after restart.  How does Ofbiz store this user account password for use in services?  What should be the procedure to change the password of a webtools user account that is used to schedule batch services?