stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Amine Benkirane
    Hi there,

For my specific needs, I modified the the JRMP port 1099 to 1199 (since I have another application which uses this port on the same server as ofbiz) but when I run the stopofbiz script, this port is always running (I haven't any error message, only this
Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbiz-tomcat/ofbizShutting down server : OK)
 However, when I want to startofbiz after that, I had the message "Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address already in use". When I did a port search to show which port is already running, I find only the 1199 port...

Can someone help me fix this trouble please ?

Best regards,

Amine

Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !
http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Quick answer : did you also change service-location in serviceengine.xml ?

Jacques

http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

RE: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Amine Benkirane

Yes I modify  the 1099 port everywhere in OFBiz with the 1199...

Amine

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199
> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:46:40 +0200
>
> Quick answer : did you also change service-location in serviceengine.xml ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Amine Benkirane" <[hidden email]>
>     Hi there,
>
> For my specific needs, I modified the the JRMP port 1099 to 1199 (since I have another application which uses this port on the same
> server as ofbiz) but when I run the stopofbiz script, this port is always running (I haven't any error message, only this
> Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbiz-tomcat/ofbizShutting down server : OK)
>  However, when I want to startofbiz after that, I had the message "Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address
> already in use". When I did a port search to show which port is already running, I find only the 1199 port...
>
> Can someone help me fix this trouble please ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Amine

> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger ! Téléchargez-le maintenant !
> http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !
http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Ritesh Trivedi
I have never been able to stop ofbiz even with the default port settings OOB using the stop script. It says shutdown OK like Amine described but the process still keeps running. I have to explicitly kill the process.

Any obvious reasons?

jacques.le.roux wrote
Quick answer : did you also change service-location in serviceengine.xml ?

Jacques

Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger ! Téléchargez-le maintenant !
http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

rajsaini
It may take some time to kill the ofbiz even stopofbiz.sh script exits.
If run it again, you will see a progress message and one more time
should show you the socket connection exception which means shutdown is
complete.

Thanks,

Raj

Ritesh Trivedi wrote:

> I have never been able to stop ofbiz even with the default port settings OOB
> using the stop script. It says shutdown OK like Amine described but the
> process still keeps running. I have to explicitly kill the process.
>
> Any obvious reasons?
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>
>> Quick answer : did you also change service-location in serviceengine.xml ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Amine Benkirane" <[hidden email]>
>>     Hi there,
>>
>> For my specific needs, I modified the the JRMP port 1099 to 1199 (since I
>> have another application which uses this port on the same
>> server as ofbiz) but when I run the stopofbiz script, this port is always
>> running (I haven't any error message, only this
>> Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbiz-tomcat/ofbizShutting down server
>> : OK)
>>  However, when I want to startofbiz after that, I had the message
>> "Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address
>> already in use". When I did a port search to show which port is already
>> running, I find only the 1199 port...
>>
>> Can someone help me fix this trouble please ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Amine

>> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger !
>> Téléchargez-le maintenant !
>> http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Joe Eckard
Something is definitely wrong here. If you only run stopofbiz once,
the ofbiz process will hang around indefinitely... you have to run it
a second time (which shows IN-PROGRESS) then it goes away. I've
noticed this for months, but never really looked into it since running
the script twice always works.

-Joe

On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Raj Saini wrote:

> It may take some time to kill the ofbiz even stopofbiz.sh script
> exits. If run it again, you will see a progress message and one more
> time should show you the socket connection exception which means
> shutdown is complete.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raj
>
> Ritesh Trivedi wrote:
>> I have never been able to stop ofbiz even with the default port
>> settings OOB
>> using the stop script. It says shutdown OK like Amine described but
>> the
>> process still keeps running. I have to explicitly kill the process.
>>
>> Any obvious reasons?
>>

>> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>>> Quick answer : did you also change service-location in
>>> serviceengine.xml ?
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Amine Benkirane" <[hidden email]>
>>>    Hi there,
>>>
>>> For my specific needs, I modified the the JRMP port 1099 to 1199
>>> (since I
>>> have another application which uses this port on the same server
>>> as ofbiz) but when I run the stopofbiz script, this port is always
>>> running (I haven't any error message, only this
>>> Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbiz-tomcat/ofbizShutting down
>>> server
>>> : OK)
>>> However, when I want to startofbiz after that, I had the message
>>> "Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address
>>> already in use". When I did a port search to show which port is
>>> already
>>> running, I find only the 1199 port...
>>>
>>> Can someone help me fix this trouble please ?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Amine

>>> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live
>>> Messenger !
>>> Téléchargez-le maintenant !
>>> http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Hi Joe,

Did you check Revision: 702489 ?

Log:
There was a problem to stop on Linux using for instance ./stopofbiz.sh.
Ray suggested this change.
I checked in history (Fisheye see line 582
http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/start/src/org/ofbiz/base/start/Start.java?r1=691771&r2=697866) and tested
on Ubuntu 8.04 : works well.

From: "Joe Eckard" <[hidden email]>
Something is definitely wrong here. If you only run stopofbiz once,
the ofbiz process will hang around indefinitely... you have to run it
a second time (which shows IN-PROGRESS) then it goes away. I've
noticed this for months, but never really looked into it since running
the script twice always works.

-Joe

On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Raj Saini wrote:

> It may take some time to kill the ofbiz even stopofbiz.sh script  exits. If run it again, you will see a progress message and one
> more  time should show you the socket connection exception which means  shutdown is complete.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raj
>
> Ritesh Trivedi wrote:
>> I have never been able to stop ofbiz even with the default port  settings OOB
>> using the stop script. It says shutdown OK like Amine described but  the
>> process still keeps running. I have to explicitly kill the process.
>>
>> Any obvious reasons?
>>

>> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>>> Quick answer : did you also change service-location in  serviceengine.xml ?
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Amine Benkirane" <[hidden email]>
>>>    Hi there,
>>>
>>> For my specific needs, I modified the the JRMP port 1099 to 1199  (since I
>>> have another application which uses this port on the same server  as ofbiz) but when I run the stopofbiz script, this port is
>>> always
>>> running (I haven't any error message, only this
>>> Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbiz-tomcat/ofbizShutting down  server
>>> : OK)
>>> However, when I want to startofbiz after that, I had the message
>>> "Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address  already in use". When I did a port search to show which port is
>>> already
>>> running, I find only the 1199 port...
>>>
>>> Can someone help me fix this trouble please ?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Amine

>>> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live  Messenger !
>>> Téléchargez-le maintenant !
>>> http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

RE: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Amine Benkirane
 Hi Jacques,

I tried the modifications you suggested but I had this message when running ./stopofbiz.sh :
Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbizShutting down server : FAIL

I tested that on linux SUSE...
Do you know where I can find some more explicit logs about the error ?

Regards,

Amine

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199
> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:29:22 +0100
>
> Hi Joe,
>
> Did you check Revision: 702489 ?

> Log:
> There was a problem to stop on Linux using for instance ./stopofbiz.sh.
> Ray suggested this change.
> I checked in history (Fisheye see line 582
> http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/start/src/org/ofbiz/base/start/Start.java?r1=691771&r2=697866) and tested
> on Ubuntu 8.04 : works well.
>

> From: "Joe Eckard" <[hidden email]>
> Something is definitely wrong here. If you only run stopofbiz once,
> the ofbiz process will hang around indefinitely... you have to run it
> a second time (which shows IN-PROGRESS) then it goes away. I've
> noticed this for months, but never really looked into it since running
> the script twice always works.
>
> -Joe
>
> On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Raj Saini wrote:
>
> > It may take some time to kill the ofbiz even stopofbiz.sh script  exits. If run it again, you will see a progress message and one
> > more  time should show you the socket connection exception which means  shutdown is complete.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Raj
> >
> > Ritesh Trivedi wrote:
> >> I have never been able to stop ofbiz even with the default port  settings OOB
> >> using the stop script. It says shutdown OK like Amine described but  the
> >> process still keeps running. I have to explicitly kill the process.
> >>
> >> Any obvious reasons?

Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !
http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

RE: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Amine Benkirane
But like Joe say when you run ./stopofbiz.sh twice, it works !!

Amine

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: RE: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199
> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:27:45 +0100
>
>  Hi Jacques,
>
> I tried the modifications you suggested but I had this message when running ./stopofbiz.sh :
> Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbizShutting down server : FAIL
>
> I tested that on linux SUSE...
> Do you know where I can find some more explicit logs about the error ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Amine
>

> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199
> > Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:29:22 +0100
> >
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > Did you check Revision: 702489 ?

> > Log:
> > There was a problem to stop on Linux using for instance ./stopofbiz.sh.
> > Ray suggested this change.
> > I checked in history (Fisheye see line 582
> > http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/start/src/org/ofbiz/base/start/Start.java?r1=691771&r2=697866) and tested
> > on Ubuntu 8.04 : works well.
> >

> > From: "Joe Eckard" <[hidden email]>
> > Something is definitely wrong here. If you only run stopofbiz once,
> > the ofbiz process will hang around indefinitely... you have to run it
> > a second time (which shows IN-PROGRESS) then it goes away. I've
> > noticed this for months, but never really looked into it since running
> > the script twice always works.
> >
> > -Joe
> >
> > On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Raj Saini wrote:
> >
> > > It may take some time to kill the ofbiz even stopofbiz.sh script  exits. If run it again, you will see a progress message and one
> > > more  time should show you the socket connection exception which means  shutdown is complete.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Raj

> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !
> http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Email envoyé avec Windows Live Hotmail. Dites adieux aux spam et virus, passez à Hotmail ! C'est gratuit !
http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

This is weird indeed. Sorry, but I have no ideas about which log could be used for that.

Jacques

From: "Amine Benkirane" <[hidden email]>
But like Joe say when you run ./stopofbiz.sh twice, it works !!

Amine

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: RE: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199
> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:27:45 +0100
>
>  Hi Jacques,
>
> I tried the modifications you suggested but I had this message when running ./stopofbiz.sh :
> Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/benkiami/ofbizShutting down server : FAIL
>
> I tested that on linux SUSE...
> Do you know where I can find some more explicit logs about the error ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Amine
>

> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199
> > Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:29:22 +0100
> >
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > Did you check Revision: 702489 ?

> > Log:
> > There was a problem to stop on Linux using for instance ./stopofbiz.sh.
> > Ray suggested this change.
> > I checked in history (Fisheye see line 582
> > http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/start/src/org/ofbiz/base/start/Start.java?r1=691771&r2=697866) and
> > tested
> > on Ubuntu 8.04 : works well.
> >

> > From: "Joe Eckard" <[hidden email]>
> > Something is definitely wrong here. If you only run stopofbiz once,
> > the ofbiz process will hang around indefinitely... you have to run it
> > a second time (which shows IN-PROGRESS) then it goes away. I've
> > noticed this for months, but never really looked into it since running
> > the script twice always works.
> >
> > -Joe
> >
> > On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Raj Saini wrote:
> >
> > > It may take some time to kill the ofbiz even stopofbiz.sh script  exits. If run it again, you will see a progress message and
> > > one
> > > more  time should show you the socket connection exception which means  shutdown is complete.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Raj

> Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !
> http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger/1.asp

Email envoyé avec Windows Live Hotmail. Dites adieux aux spam et virus, passez à Hotmail ! C'est gratuit !
http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp

Re: stopofbiz script doesn't work after JRMP (JNDI, RMI, etc) - 1099 modifying to 1199

Joe Eckard
Rev 702489 just fixed a bug where the adminKey property was being
ignored, it didn't help with the behavior described below.

-Joe

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment