supplier product line

Eric DE MAULDE
Hello,

I would want to manage product lines, in order to  :
- type common texts into content management, related to a line
- use common features for a line
- ...
But into the e-commerce application, I don't display products ordered by line.

Have I to build others categories to  represent product lines and associate products to their supplier line ?

Thanks

Eric

Re: supplier product line

BJ Freeman
there is usually one set of products.
then you can have some or all assigned to a catalog which is attached to
you products store. this will determine what is displayed on the website.
in each catalog you can have categories.
Now you can have a catalog that is not connected to a website, say for
each supplier and/or lines.
each of those catalogs refer to the same products, All or some.
Each of those catalogs can have their own categories, or share
categories in other catalogs.

you can also have catalogs that have suppliers/lines as they come from
the source but not part of the products that are for sale.
Still in All this, there is only one product (productID) entry in ofbiz.

hope that helps.

Eric DE MAULDE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would want to manage product lines, in order to  :
> - type common texts into content management, related to a line
> - use common features for a line
> - ...
> But into the e-commerce application, I don't display products ordered by line.
>
> Have I to build others categories to  represent product lines and associate products to their supplier line ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric

Re: supplier product line

BJ Freeman
Oh and if you look at the demo, you can have multiple catalogs on the
website, so if you have a spring catalog you can include that for the
that season,

[hidden email] wrote:

> there is usually one set of products.
> then you can have some or all assigned to a catalog which is attached to
> you products store. this will determine what is displayed on the website.
> in each catalog you can have categories.
> Now you can have a catalog that is not connected to a website, say for
> each supplier and/or lines.
> each of those catalogs refer to the same products, All or some.
> Each of those catalogs can have their own categories, or share
> categories in other catalogs.
>
> you can also have catalogs that have suppliers/lines as they come from
> the source but not part of the products that are for sale.
> Still in All this, there is only one product (productID) entry in ofbiz.
>
> hope that helps.
>

> Eric DE MAULDE wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would want to manage product lines, in order to  :
>> - type common texts into content management, related to a line
>> - use common features for a line
>> - ...
>> But into the e-commerce application, I don't display products ordered
>> by line.
>>
>> Have I to build others categories to  represent product lines and
>> associate products to their supplier line ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Eric

Re: supplier product line

Eric DE MAULDE
Thanks  BJ,
Now I can consider an internal catalog to manage (in hierarchic order) :
- manufacturer
- manufacturer brand
- brand line

Eric