using XML Import to load orders

Jim Yanda
Hello,
We have an external webstore and would like to load the orders from there into OFBiz using the XML Import in Web Tools. Is this feasible and has anyone done this? Can you give me the gist of how its done? We've done Party and Contact loads using a spreadsheet to build the XML and that worked nicely. But we realize loading orders is more involved; headers, lines, syncing the catalog, checking for existing Parties, etc.
Tips and advice appreciated.
Thanks. Jim

Re: using XML Import to load orders

BJ Freeman
I did an import that created a order as if it was generated by ofbiz.
but using the services you can be sure that the order is entered
properly, even if is paid for on the website.

Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/2/2008 8:19 AM:

> Hello,
> We have an external webstore and would like to load the orders from there
> into OFBiz using the XML Import in Web Tools. Is this feasible and has
> anyone done this? Can you give me the gist of how its done? We've done Party
> and Contact loads using a spreadsheet to build the XML and that worked
> nicely. But we realize loading orders is more involved; headers, lines,
> syncing the catalog, checking for existing Parties, etc.
> Tips and advice appreciated.
> Thanks. Jim

RE: using XML Import to load orders

SkipDever
Jim

When I imported orders, I wrote export routines to export my sales order
data into three separate xml files, created entities to hold them, and used
the xml import to import them.  Then, I wrote a service that converted these
three files into Ofbiz data.  Painful but because I had hundreds of
thousands of orders to import multiple times during testing, it worked well.
I'll be happy to email this import service to you, but because of the nature
of these things (the variances in the incoming data) I doubt if it will be
of much use.

Skip

We have an external webstore and would like to load the orders from there
into OFBiz using the XML Import in Web Tools. Is this feasible and has
anyone done this? Can you give me the gist of how its done? We've done Party
and Contact loads using a spreadsheet to build the XML and that worked
nicely. But we realize loading orders is more involved; headers, lines,
syncing the catalog, checking for existing Parties, etc.
Tips and advice appreciated.
Thanks. Jim

11:35 AM

Checked by AVG.
11:35 AM

Re: using XML Import to load orders

Jim Yanda
Hi BJ,
Can you give me a little detail about how you made the import? Did you use the XML Import or did you write directly to the database?
Thanks,
Jim

BJ Freeman wrote
I did an import that created a order as if it was generated by ofbiz.
but using the services you can be sure that the order is entered
properly, even if is paid for on the website.

Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/2/2008 8:19 AM:
> Hello,
> We have an external webstore and would like to load the orders from there
> into OFBiz using the XML Import in Web Tools. Is this feasible and has
> anyone done this? Can you give me the gist of how its done? We've done Party
> and Contact loads using a spreadsheet to build the XML and that worked
> nicely. But we realize loading orders is more involved; headers, lines,
> syncing the catalog, checking for existing Parties, etc.
> Tips and advice appreciated.
> Thanks. Jim

Re: using XML Import to load orders

BJ Freeman
I read in the xml in its native format from the website
I then convert to maps needed for the service calls.
1)check to see if a customer exist if not create based on the order
2)if a customer exist is the ship already in the customer info, if not
put order on hold as a possbile forgery
3)Create order header
4) add items to order
5) add payment
6) add ecas to verify payment info for fraud (not in ofbiz)
7) check order against inventory or Dropshipper (not in ofbiz)
8) put on hold if no inventory or until verrify with dropshipper (not in
 ofbiz
9) let ofbiz take over from here.

Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/2/2008 12:21 PM:

> Hi BJ,
> Can you give me a little detail about how you made the import? Did you use
> the XML Import or did you write directly to the database?
> Thanks,
> Jim
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> I did an import that created a order as if it was generated by ofbiz.
>> but using the services you can be sure that the order is entered
>> properly, even if is paid for on the website.
>>
>> Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/2/2008 8:19 AM:
>>> Hello,
>>> We have an external webstore and would like to load the orders from there
>>> into OFBiz using the XML Import in Web Tools. Is this feasible and has
>>> anyone done this? Can you give me the gist of how its done? We've done
>>> Party
>>> and Contact loads using a spreadsheet to build the XML and that worked
>>> nicely. But we realize loading orders is more involved; headers, lines,
>>> syncing the catalog, checking for existing Parties, etc.
>>> Tips and advice appreciated.
>>> Thanks. Jim

Re: using XML Import to load orders

Jim Yanda
Hi BJ,
I am under some time constraints and am in need of a quick and simple order load solution/process. Nothing fancy; would be Okay if there's some manual involvement such as massaging the order data in a spreadsheet before loading. Can you direct me to someone in the community who may have something? I'd be willing to pay for a solution that gets the basic job done.
Thanks.

BJ Freeman wrote
I read in the xml in its native format from the website
I then convert to maps needed for the service calls.
1)check to see if a customer exist if not create based on the order
2)if a customer exist is the ship already in the customer info, if not
put order on hold as a possbile forgery
3)Create order header
4) add items to order
5) add payment
6) add ecas to verify payment info for fraud (not in ofbiz)
7) check order against inventory or Dropshipper (not in ofbiz)
8) put on hold if no inventory or until verrify with dropshipper (not in
 ofbiz
9) let ofbiz take over from here.

Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/2/2008 12:21 PM:
> Hi BJ,
> Can you give me a little detail about how you made the import? Did you use
> the XML Import or did you write directly to the database?
> Thanks,
> Jim
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> I did an import that created a order as if it was generated by ofbiz.
>> but using the services you can be sure that the order is entered
>> properly, even if is paid for on the website.
>>
>> Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/2/2008 8:19 AM:
>>> Hello,
>>> We have an external webstore and would like to load the orders from there
>>> into OFBiz using the XML Import in Web Tools. Is this feasible and has
>>> anyone done this? Can you give me the gist of how its done? We've done
>>> Party
>>> and Contact loads using a spreadsheet to build the XML and that worked
>>> nicely. But we realize loading orders is more involved; headers, lines,
>>> syncing the catalog, checking for existing Parties, etc.
>>> Tips and advice appreciated.
>>> Thanks. Jim

Re: using XML Import to load orders

BJ Freeman
I am sure people on the list that believe they have a solution for you
will contact you.
if not, then go to the service providers page and contact them.

Jim Yanda sent the following on 5/3/2008 2:51 AM: