where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

sqlien
Hi all,

I want to know where "parameters" variable comes from in this expression:

${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} (applications\ecommerce\widget\CommonScreen.xml).

Re: where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

cjhowe
That one in particular is coming from the web.xml file in the webapp
that is calling that screen.  If the ecommerce web application is
calling that screen then
applications\eccomerce\webapp\ecommerce\WEB-INF\web.xml

Keep in mind that it can be overloaded on the fly.
--- sqlien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to know where "parameters" variable comes from in this
> expression:
>
> ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}
> (applications\ecommerce\widget\CommonScreen.xml).

RE: where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

Nikita Shinde
It is set in web.xml, following is the code which sets it -

<context-param>
    <param-name>mainDecoratorLocation</param-name>
    <param-value>component://webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml</param-value>
    <description>The location of the main-decorator screen to use for this
webapp; referred to as a context variable in screen def XML
files.</description>
  </context-param>

        Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nikita
Amicon Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Mumbai, India.

I want to know where "parameters" variable comes from in this expression:

${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}
(applications\ecommerce\widget\CommonScreen.xml).

Re: where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

sqlien
thank you for response, but my question is where the variable "parameters" is set ?
cjhowe wrote

--- sqlien <smailinfo_dz@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to know where "parameters" variable comes from in this
> expression:
>
> ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}
> (applications\ecommerce\widget\CommonScreen.xml).

Re: where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

BJ Freeman
think your asking how the parm in web.xml gets the widgets code parameters.
this is done in the code for widgets /framwork/widgets/src
don't have time to go into the code, to be specific.

sqlien sent the following on 7/6/2007 7:00 AM:

> thank you for response, but my question is where the variable "parameters" is
> set ?
>
> cjhowe wrote:
>> That one in particular is coming from the web.xml file in the webapp
>> that is calling that screen.  If the ecommerce web application is
>> calling that screen then
>> applications\eccomerce\webapp\ecommerce\WEB-INF\web.xml
>>
>> Keep in mind that it can be overloaded on the fly.
>> --- sqlien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I want to know where "parameters" variable comes from in this
>>> expression:
>>>
>>> ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}
>>> (applications\ecommerce\widget\CommonScreen.xml).
>>>
>>> Thanks

RE: where ${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation} comes from ?

Tim McGuire-2
this post explains where the "parameters" comes from:
http://learningofbiz.blogspot.com/2006/11/shifting-sands.html

Hi Tim,

Beware that you link refers to a deprecated version of the minilang documentation
Here is the updated http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Mini-Language+Guide

Jacques

De : "Tim McGuire" <[hidden email]>