widgets and gizmos

Daniel Martínez-4
To native english speakers,

Could someone explain a little what are the meanings of widgets and
gizmos in the demo data?

I am planning to make a version of the data version in Spanish.

Daniel

Re: widgets and gizmos

Adrian Crum
widget (wîj´ît) noun
1. A small mechanical device or control; a gadget.
2. An unnamed or hypothetical manufactured article.

gizmo also gismo (gîz´mo)  noun
plural gizmos
A mechanical device or part whose name is forgotten or unknown; a gadget.

Daniel Martínez wrote:

> To native english speakers,
>
> Could someone explain a little what are the meanings of widgets and
> gizmos in the demo data?
>
> I am planning to make a version of the data version in Spanish.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Re: widgets and gizmos

Daniel Martínez-4
Adrian,

I already saw this definitions (which does not mean I understood them :-)

Is there any conceptual difference between gizmos and widgets in the
demo data?

Daniel

Adrian Crum escribió:

> widget (wîj´ît) noun
> 1.    A small mechanical device or control; a gadget.
> 2.    An unnamed or hypothetical manufactured article.
>
> gizmo also gismo (gîz´mo)  noun
> plural gizmos
> A mechanical device or part whose name is forgotten or unknown; a gadget.
>
> Daniel Martínez wrote:
>> To native english speakers,
>>
>> Could someone explain a little what are the meanings of widgets and
>> gizmos in the demo data?
>>
>> I am planning to make a version of the data version in Spanish.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel

Re: widgets and gizmos

Adrian Crum
I don't think so.

Daniel Martínez wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> I already saw this definitions (which does not mean I understood them :-)
>
> Is there any conceptual difference between gizmos and widgets in the
> demo data?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Daniel
>
> Adrian Crum escribió:
>
>>widget (wîj´ît) noun
>>1.    A small mechanical device or control; a gadget.
>>2.    An unnamed or hypothetical manufactured article.
>>
>>gizmo also gismo (gîz´mo)  noun
>>plural gizmos
>>A mechanical device or part whose name is forgotten or unknown; a gadget.
>>
>>Daniel Martínez wrote:
>>
>>>To native english speakers,
>>>
>>>Could someone explain a little what are the meanings of widgets and
>>>gizmos in the demo data?
>>>
>>>I am planning to make a version of the data version in Spanish.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>--
>>>Daniel

Promotions and Sales Tax

Amit Shinde
Hey Everyone,
                       Currently, we have an ability to exclude shipping from calculation of sales tax. This is easily done by setting a 'taxShipping' flag in the TaxAuthorityRateProduct table. There is no way to include/exclude promotion adjustments in calculation of sales tax.
                       I dont know if this is usual or no, but what the need is that tax should be calculated on price after including adjustments like coupons etc.
                       I was going to implement this and before doing so, was wondering if anyone has come across this. Any inputs would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Amit Shinde
Amicon Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India.

Re: Promotions and Sales Tax

Scott Gray
Hi Amit

See here, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-225

In my opinion tax calculations should always take promotions into account.

Regards
Scott

On 14/06/07, Amit Shinde <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hey Everyone,
>                        Currently, we have an ability to exclude shipping
> from calculation of sales tax. This is easily done by setting a
> 'taxShipping' flag in the TaxAuthorityRateProduct table. There is no way to
> include/exclude promotion adjustments in calculation of sales tax.
>                        I dont know if this is usual or no, but what the
> need is that tax should be calculated on price after including adjustments
> like coupons etc.
>                        I was going to implement this and before doing so,
> was wondering if anyone has come across this. Any inputs would be great.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Amit Shinde
> Amicon Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India.

Re: Promotions and Sales Tax

Scott Gray
Hi Amit

It would be great if you could attach a patch to OFBIZ-225 once you are
done, it would be good to get this fixed