work flow of OFBiz....pl clarify my doubts

work flow of OFBiz....pl clarify my doubts

cathrina
hi guys,

thanks 4 ur valuable suggestions.....actually i studied the tutorials in opensourcestrategies(nutshell)..in tat ofbiz has 3 layers 1.presentation2.business3.data layer.....presentation layer is full of screen shots in which the data are displayed to the users(using tomcat,jetty,javapos etc)...2)in business layer business logics are performed by using java,j2ee,soap and xml..3)data layer is database manipulating with jtom,derby etc.......

wt i want is if i have add a small thing in a order-screen (adding a textbox,button) wer can i do that .....wt shall i do...in corresponding xml? pl give a suggestion as soon as possible

Re: work flow of OFBiz....pl clarify my doubts

BJ Freeman
it is probably best you review
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams
since the terminology your using is different than ofbiz and could lead
to mis-information.

if you are going to work with ofbiz I suggest you get familiar with how
to find pages.
you can do this by looking at the /control/target.
then go into the controller.xml for that application.
this will lead you to the view and eventually to the widget or ftl that
generates the page you want to change.
you can find an overview to this in
FrameworkIntro_7_UiReqVwScrFrm.mov

cathrina sent the following on 4/28/2008 6:04 AM:

> hi guys,
>
> thanks 4 ur valuable suggestions.....actually i studied the tutorials in
> opensourcestrategies(nutshell)..in tat ofbiz has 3 layers
> 1.presentation2.business3.data layer.....presentation layer is full of
> screen shots in which the data are displayed to the users(using
> tomcat,jetty,javapos etc)...2)in business layer business logics are
> performed by using java,j2ee,soap and xml..3)data layer is database
> manipulating with jtom,derby etc.......
>
> wt i want is if i have add a small thing in a order-screen (adding a
> textbox,button) wer can i do that .....wt shall i do...in corresponding xml?
> pl give a suggestion as soon as possible

RE: work flow of OFBiz....pl clarify my doubts

Tushar Abhyankar

   If you are using an ftl in your screen widget you can use your normal
html tags to get the textbox or buttons. If you are using a Form Widget you
will get loads of examples in ofbiz that do this.

If you have an eclipse IDE try Ctrl+H and under 'File Search' tab type
"*Forms.xml" you'll get heap of files with the code you want.

Regards,
Tushar Abhyankar
Amicon Technologies Pvt.Ltd.
Mumbai, India.

Re: work flow of OFBiz....pl clarify my doubts

BJ Freeman
sorry on the website it is
UI Artifacts: Request, View, Screen, Form (20:43)

Tushar Abhyankar sent the following on 4/28/2008 6:23 AM: