Approving user account.

Re: Approving user account.

prateek-2
Hi
   I have red the link https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274 and also make all mandatory settings in "DemoProduct.xml" file.

 SMTP settings r working fine as my "FORGOT EMAIL PASSWORD " part is working fine.

The POINT IS THAT:
   Since I was not able to find the option in " http:\\localhost:8080\webtools " from where i will approve new user account. Because only after we approve the account then only mail containing password of that new user account would be sent.
  I want to know i there was any option " from where "new account would be approved".

Please help.
Prateek
Voltix softwares
India

BJ Freeman wrote
look at

Rupinder sent the following on 9/27/2007 10:59 PM:
> Hi
>     In the ecommerce product store ("Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz E-Commerce
> Store [9000]" in catalog application), I have set  "Allow Password " option
> to "N". By doing this, When a user opens a  new registration form (create
> new user) in a ecommerce application, instead of displaying "Password" and
> "Confirm Password" text box fields, it displays the following message:  "You
> will receive a password by email when your new account is approved".
>
>  Friends Please tell how we will enable/approve  that account and how  email
> will be send to user containing his password.
>
>  I have already configured  "general.properties"  according to my SMTP MAIL
> SERVER.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rupinder
> Voltix Software Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Complicated pricing

jonwimp
Jacques,

In the service definition, there's the <implements> mechanism that could allow Skip to define a
new service with all the same fields as another (original) OFBiz service, so he doesn't have to
redefine the many attributes defined in the original OFBiz service.

Jonathon

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Jonathon, Skip,
>
> I'm not sure of what Jonathon means (have not time to look at services_authorizedotnet.xml right now); maybe he wants to allude that
> there is an interface mechanism for services too. Just look for the word "interface" in services definitions.
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "Jonathon -- Improov" <[hidden email]>
>> Skip,
>>
>> Create a hot-deploy app (you can skip the webapp creation). Insert a service definition (in say
>> servicedef/services.xml), service name "skip.calculateProductPrice".
>>
>> Extend the class of original Java method "calculateProductPrice", in case that method uses any
>> class members. In your new class (extended from original class), do your new Java method
>> "calculateProductPrice". The point here is to clearly document for yourself which OFBiz method you
>> are cloning and modifying.
>>
>> Java extension mechanisms (eg class extends, method overrides) make for clean codes that avoid
>> redundancies. Same for OFBiz extension mechanisms.
>>
>> By the way, you can "implement" (think Java's "implement" for interfaces) a service definition,
>> kind of. I'm not sure if you can "implement" a fully-defined service definition like service
>> "calculateProductPrice". You can try it.
>>
>> For egs, see in Accounting module folder servicedef. See services_authorizedotnet.xml service
>> "AIMCCAuthCapture", and services_paymentmethod.xml service "ccAuthInterface" and service
>> "paymentProcessInterface".
>>
>> Jonathon
>>
>> skip@theDevers wrote:
>>> Jonathon
>>>
>>> Thanks for the input.  However, I guess I didn't ask the question right.
>>> "calculateProductPrice" is defined as a service in services_pricepromo.xml
>>> as:
>>>
>>>     <service name="calculateProductPrice" engine="java"
>>>                 location="org.ofbiz.product.price.PriceServices"
>>> invoke="calculateProductPrice" auth="false" use-transaction="false">
>>>
>>> and this is loaded from ...product/ofbiz-component.xml as
>>>     <service-resource type="model" loader="main"
>>> location="servicedef/services_pricepromo.xml"/>
>>>
>>> The question is, how can I override the original definition without
>>> modifying Ofbiz code.  i.e. can I put an identically named service
>>> definition in hot-deploy or somewhere and have all of Ofbiz use my new
>>> calculateProductPrice?
>>>
>>> Skip

Re: Approving user account.

Rupinder:
What SVN version are you using?

Prateek sent the following on 10/1/2007 12:33 AM:

> Hi
>  I have red detail in the link provided by u.
> please tell me from where in "http:\\localhost:8443\webtools"  , I will
> approve the  user account so  that a mail would be sent to user email id
> containing  "password "
>
> Thanks
> Rupinder
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> look at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274
>>
>> Rupinder sent the following on 9/27/2007 10:59 PM:
>>> Hi
>>>     In the ecommerce product store ("Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz
>>> E-Commerce
>>> Store [9000]" in catalog application), I have set  "Allow Password "
>>> option
>>> to "N". By doing this, When a user opens a  new registration form (create
>>> new user) in a ecommerce application, instead of displaying "Password"
>>> and
>>> "Confirm Password" text box fields, it displays the following message:
>>> "You
>>> will receive a password by email when your new account is approved".
>>>
>>>  Friends Please tell how we will enable/approve  that account and how
>>> email
>>> will be send to user containing his password.
>>>
>>>  I have already configured  "general.properties"  according to my SMTP
>>> MAIL
>>> SERVER.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Rupinder
>>> Voltix Software Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Approving user account.

To my knowledge there is not approval of an user account.
i am not clear on what you are trying to achieve.
If such a process existed it would be in the
https:\\localhost:8443\partymgr\contol\main module.

http:\\localhost:8080\webtools, should redirect you to
https:\\localhost:8443\webtools\control\main.

Prateek sent the following on 10/1/2007 2:42 AM:

> Hi
>    I have red the link https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274 and
> also make all mandatory settings in "DemoProduct.xml" file.
>
>  SMTP settings r working fine as my "FORGOT EMAIL PASSWORD " part is working
> fine.
>
> The POINT IS THAT:
>    Since I was not able to find the option in "
> http:\\localhost:8080\webtools " from where i will approve new user account.
> Because only after we approve the account then only mail containing password
> of that new user account would be sent.
>   I want to know i there was any option " from where "new account would be
> approved".
>
> Please help.
> Prateek
> Voltix softwares
> India
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> look at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274
>>
>> Rupinder sent the following on 9/27/2007 10:59 PM:
>>> Hi
>>>     In the ecommerce product store ("Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz
>>> E-Commerce
>>> Store [9000]" in catalog application), I have set  "Allow Password "
>>> option
>>> to "N". By doing this, When a user opens a  new registration form (create
>>> new user) in a ecommerce application, instead of displaying "Password"
>>> and
>>> "Confirm Password" text box fields, it displays the following message:
>>> "You
>>> will receive a password by email when your new account is approved".
>>>
>>>  Friends Please tell how we will enable/approve  that account and how
>>> email
>>> will be send to user containing his password.
>>>
>>>  I have already configured  "general.properties"  according to my SMTP
>>> MAIL
>>> SERVER.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Rupinder
>>> Voltix Software Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Approving user account.

prateek-2
Hi,
    If there is no user account approvel option then why this label is present in New Customer Registration form "You will receive a password by email when your new account is approved." This message in form shows that there must be some way to approve this account and after approving mail would be sent to user displaying his password.

  I have looked into the http:\\localhost:8443\webtools\partymgr\control\main module also
their is no provision in it.

 Please help

 Thanks
  prateek
  Voltix softwares
  India

BJ Freeman wrote
To my knowledge there is not approval of an user account.
i am not clear on what you are trying to achieve.
If such a process existed it would be in the
https:\\localhost:8443\partymgr\contol\main module.

http:\\localhost:8080\webtools, should redirect you to
https:\\localhost:8443\webtools\control\main.

Prateek sent the following on 10/1/2007 2:42 AM:
> Hi
>    I have red the link https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274 and
> also make all mandatory settings in "DemoProduct.xml" file.
>
>  SMTP settings r working fine as my "FORGOT EMAIL PASSWORD " part is working
> fine.
>
> The POINT IS THAT:
>    Since I was not able to find the option in "
> http:\\localhost:8080\webtools " from where i will approve new user account.
> Because only after we approve the account then only mail containing password
> of that new user account would be sent.
>   I want to know i there was any option " from where "new account would be
> approved".
>
> Please help.
> Prateek
> Voltix softwares
> India
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> look at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274
>>
>> Rupinder sent the following on 9/27/2007 10:59 PM:
>>> Hi
>>>     In the ecommerce product store ("Catalog -> Stores -> OFBiz
>>> E-Commerce
>>> Store [9000]" in catalog application), I have set  "Allow Password "
>>> option
>>> to "N". By doing this, When a user opens a  new registration form (create
>>> new user) in a ecommerce application, instead of displaying "Password"
>>> and
>>> "Confirm Password" text box fields, it displays the following message:
>>> "You
>>> will receive a password by email when your new account is approved".
>>>
>>>  Friends Please tell how we will enable/approve  that account and how
>>> email
>>> will be send to user containing his password.
>>>
>>>  I have already configured  "general.properties"  according to my SMTP
>>> MAIL
>>> SERVER.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Rupinder
>>> Voltix Software Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Approving user account.

BJ Freeman
what SVN version are you using
I believe this is back in the ver 3.0 release.

Prateek sent the following on 10/1/2007 4:10 AM:

> Hi,
>     If there is no user account approvel option then why this label is
> present in New Customer Registration form "You will receive a password by
> email when your new account is approved." This message in form shows that
> there must be some way to approve this account and after approving mail
> would be sent to user displaying his password.
>
>   I have looked into the
> http:\\localhost:8443\webtools\partymgr\control\main module also
> their is no provision in it.
>
>  Please help
>
>  Thanks
>   prateek
>   Voltix softwares
>   India
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> To my knowledge there is not approval of an user account.
>> i am not clear on what you are trying to achieve.
>> If such a process existed it would be in the
>> https:\\localhost:8443\partymgr\contol\main module.
>>
>> http:\\localhost:8080\webtools, should redirect you to
>> https:\\localhost:8443\webtools\control\main.
>>

>> Prateek sent the following on 10/1/2007 2:42 AM:
>>> Hi
>>>    I have red the link https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1274
>>> and
>>> also make all mandatory settings in "DemoProduct.xml" file.
>>>
>>>  SMTP settings r working fine as my "FORGOT EMAIL PASSWORD " part is
>>> working
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> The POINT IS THAT:
>>>    Since I was not able to find the option in "
>>> http:\\localhost:8080\webtools " from where i will approve new user
>>> account.
>>> Because only after we approve the account then only mail containing
>>> password
>>> of that new user account would be sent.
>>>   I want to know i there was any option " from where "new account would
>>> be
>>> approved".
>>>
>>> Please help.
>>> Prateek
>>> Voltix softwares

Re: Complicated pricing

Adrian Crum
Skip,

If your service is loaded after the OFBiz service, then your service will replace the existing one.
As an alternative, you might want to consider a service ECA.

-Adrian

skip@theDevers wrote:

> Jonathon
>
> Thanks for the input.  However, I guess I didn't ask the question right.
> "calculateProductPrice" is defined as a service in services_pricepromo.xml
> as:
>
>     <service name="calculateProductPrice" engine="java"
>                 location="org.ofbiz.product.price.PriceServices"
> invoke="calculateProductPrice" auth="false" use-transaction="false">
>
> and this is loaded from ...product/ofbiz-component.xml as
>     <service-resource type="model" loader="main"
> location="servicedef/services_pricepromo.xml"/>
>
> The question is, how can I override the original definition without
> modifying Ofbiz code.  i.e. can I put an identically named service
> definition in hot-deploy or somewhere and have all of Ofbiz use my new
> calculateProductPrice?
>
> Skip

Re: Complicated pricing

Yes this is the interface service type ;o)

Jacques

De : "Jonathon -- Improov" <[hidden email]>

> Jacques,
>
> In the service definition, there's the <implements> mechanism that could allow Skip to define a
> new service with all the same fields as another (original) OFBiz service, so he doesn't have to
> redefine the many attributes defined in the original OFBiz service.
>
> Jonathon
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Jonathon, Skip,
> >
> > I'm not sure of what Jonathon means (have not time to look at services_authorizedotnet.xml right now); maybe he wants to allude
that

> > there is an interface mechanism for services too. Just look for the word "interface" in services definitions.
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "Jonathon -- Improov" <[hidden email]>
> >> Skip,
> >>
> >> Create a hot-deploy app (you can skip the webapp creation). Insert a service definition (in say
> >> servicedef/services.xml), service name "skip.calculateProductPrice".
> >>
> >> Extend the class of original Java method "calculateProductPrice", in case that method uses any
> >> class members. In your new class (extended from original class), do your new Java method
> >> "calculateProductPrice". The point here is to clearly document for yourself which OFBiz method you
> >> are cloning and modifying.
> >>
> >> Java extension mechanisms (eg class extends, method overrides) make for clean codes that avoid
> >> redundancies. Same for OFBiz extension mechanisms.
> >>
> >> By the way, you can "implement" (think Java's "implement" for interfaces) a service definition,
> >> kind of. I'm not sure if you can "implement" a fully-defined service definition like service
> >> "calculateProductPrice". You can try it.
> >>
> >> For egs, see in Accounting module folder servicedef. See services_authorizedotnet.xml service
> >> "AIMCCAuthCapture", and services_paymentmethod.xml service "ccAuthInterface" and service
> >> "paymentProcessInterface".
> >>
> >> Jonathon

Re: Complicated pricing

This sounds like a good idea !

Jacques

De : "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>

> Skip,
>
> If your service is loaded after the OFBiz service, then your service will replace the existing one.
> As an alternative, you might want to consider a service ECA.
>
> -Adrian
>

> skip@theDevers wrote:
> > Jonathon
> >
> > Thanks for the input.  However, I guess I didn't ask the question right.
> > "calculateProductPrice" is defined as a service in services_pricepromo.xml
> > as:
> >
> >     <service name="calculateProductPrice" engine="java"
> >                 location="org.ofbiz.product.price.PriceServices"
> > invoke="calculateProductPrice" auth="false" use-transaction="false">
> >
> > and this is loaded from ...product/ofbiz-component.xml as
> >     <service-resource type="model" loader="main"
> > location="servicedef/services_pricepromo.xml"/>
> >
> > The question is, how can I override the original definition without
> > modifying Ofbiz code.  i.e. can I put an identically named service
> > definition in hot-deploy or somewhere and have all of Ofbiz use my new
> > calculateProductPrice?
> >
> > Skip

Re: Complicated pricing

jonwimp
Yup, it's a good idea.

There was a post by David just recently, about combining a few services (permisssions checks,
actually) together.

If you want to override (think Java's method override) a service, but still want to call it, you
can use ECAs.

Using ECAs, you can get your service to run BEFORE (event "invoke"?) or AFTER (event "return"?)
the service you intend to "override".

In Java syntax:

   public someMethod() {
       super.someMethod();
       // Do my own stuff.
   }

If you want to do your own service AFTER the original service is run, just tag your service (using
ECA) to run AFTER.

 >> If your service is loaded after the OFBiz service, then your service will replace the existing
one.

I think loading order is like this for 3 categories: framework, applications, hot-deploy.
Framework modules are loaded first. Then applications modules. Then hot-deploy. (There are others
I didn't list here.)

Note that the order of loading for components within a category will default to alphabetical
order, like hot-deploy/aaaa may (or definitely will?) load before hot-deploy/bbbb .

Use component-load.xml to enforce a particular loading order.

Jonathon

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> This sounds like a good idea !
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>
>> Skip,
>>
>> If your service is loaded after the OFBiz service, then your service will replace the existing one.
>> As an alternative, you might want to consider a service ECA.
>>
>> -Adrian
>>

>> skip@theDevers wrote:
>>> Jonathon
>>>
>>> Thanks for the input.  However, I guess I didn't ask the question right.
>>> "calculateProductPrice" is defined as a service in services_pricepromo.xml
>>> as:
>>>
>>>     <service name="calculateProductPrice" engine="java"
>>>                 location="org.ofbiz.product.price.PriceServices"
>>> invoke="calculateProductPrice" auth="false" use-transaction="false">
>>>
>>> and this is loaded from ...product/ofbiz-component.xml as
>>>     <service-resource type="model" loader="main"
>>> location="servicedef/services_pricepromo.xml"/>
>>>
>>> The question is, how can I override the original definition without
>>> modifying Ofbiz code.  i.e. can I put an identically named service
>>> definition in hot-deploy or somewhere and have all of Ofbiz use my new
>>> calculateProductPrice?
>>>
>>> Skip

Download SVN Repository

wikitec
Hi Fellas
I am preparing a Linux box with OFBiz + PostgreSQL ... I have had Compiere
and OpenBravo installed on my windows server boxes and have investigated
TinyERP however OFBiz seems to fit in better with my business model which
largely consists of virtual warehousing and drop ship ecommerce.  This is my
first posting in this forum so excuse me if I have missed any protocol or my
questions seem simplistic. So here we go

1. How do I download from the required SVN repositories using windows?
2. Search the list archives for threads other than scrolling through one by
one?

Thanks in advance
Wikitec

Re: Download SVN Repository

BJ Freeman
first read
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide\
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/How+to+run+OFBiz+as+a+Service
may help.
then on your linux box
load svn
some use wget
then you can use the svn commands to load ofbiz.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide

Philip Laing sent the following on 10/1/2007 5:06 PM:

> Hi Fellas
> I am preparing a Linux box with OFBiz + PostgreSQL ... I have had Compiere
> and OpenBravo installed on my windows server boxes and have investigated
> TinyERP however OFBiz seems to fit in better with my business model which
> largely consists of virtual warehousing and drop ship ecommerce.  This is my
> first posting in this forum so excuse me if I have missed any protocol or my
> questions seem simplistic. So here we go
>
> 1. How do I download from the required SVN repositories using windows?
> 2. Search the list archives for threads other than scrolling through one by
> one?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Wikitec

RE: Download SVN Repository ... Linux distro?

wikitec
Thanks BJ ... Now what distro would be more suited these days?  I am looking
at Fedora or Ununtu ... some may have preferences for viable reasons

Thanks again ... quick reply to my question ... I think I am going to like
setting up and configuring OFBiz

Phil

A Linux distro that works perfectly with the JDK/JRE needed. The JDK/JRE used now is 1.5.

Beyond that consideration, you should just go with a distro you like most, one that feels most
cuddly or shiny or something.

Jonathon

Philip Laing wrote:

> Thanks BJ ... Now what distro would be more suited these days?  I am looking
> at Fedora or Ununtu ... some may have preferences for viable reasons
>
> Thanks again ... quick reply to my question ... I think I am going to like
> setting up and configuring OFBiz
>
> Phil

stick with ununtu
you will have night mares with fedora.
just went thru that.
finally did RHE.
And don't use any open source 1.5 sdk.

Philip Laing sent the following on 10/1/2007 6:00 PM:

> Thanks BJ ... Now what distro would be more suited these days?  I am looking
> at Fedora or Ununtu ... some may have preferences for viable reasons
>
> Thanks again ... quick reply to my question ... I think I am going to like
> setting up and configuring OFBiz
>
> Phil

SkipDever
Instead of Fedora Core, give a look at CentOS.  Its a good deal more stable.
I have had lots of weird problems with Fedora in the past (usually fixed
within a few weeks, but still a pain when it happens).

Skip

Thanks BJ ... Now what distro would be more suited these days?  I am looking
at Fedora or Ununtu ... some may have preferences for viable reasons

Thanks again ... quick reply to my question ... I think I am going to like
setting up and configuring OFBiz

Phil

Linux distro?

wikitec
Thanks skip - just looking at a review on CentOS at the moment.  Looks
fairly impressive for server stability

cheers

Phil

RE: Linux distro?

Christopher L
I plan on running Gentoo, though many disagree with that choice.

http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/01/28/2227232.shtml

I find that using the stable (non ~) branch with occasional upgrades to ~x86
(unstable) programs runs quite well.  It's the best of both worlds IMHO, you
can get the stable software and you can get the newer fixes that you
inevitably will need.  Best of all, it provides a nice framework for
managing that complexity.

If you plan on using the POS application under linux, I'd highly suggest
using a 32 bit distribution, even if you have a 64 bit processor.  Most
(nearly all it seems) JavaPOS drivers have a native binary component that is
32 bit.  While AMD processors can run 32 bit code natively, the binary
drivers require 32 bit system libraries, etc, which can get a bit
interesting to set up.

My 2c.

Chris

Thanks skip - just looking at a review on CentOS at the moment.  Looks
fairly impressive for server stability

cheers

Phil

Re: Linux distro?

The only condsideration is if the distro you your plan to use supports
Sun SDK package.
as long as you have 1.5 or better on you box then you ok.
Fedora installs the opensource SDK and yum does not work to get the sun SDK.

Maybe we should put a doc file up that everyone can put what distro they
have tried and if they were sucessful or not.

clearchris sent the following on 10/2/2007 8:41 AM:

Re: Linux distro?

POS : remember that AFAIK this issue still exists on Linux https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-567

Jacques

De : "clearchris" <[hidden email]>

> I plan on running Gentoo, though many disagree with that choice.
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/01/28/2227232.shtml
>
> I find that using the stable (non ~) branch with occasional upgrades to ~x86
> (unstable) programs runs quite well.  It's the best of both worlds IMHO, you
> can get the stable software and you can get the newer fixes that you
> inevitably will need.  Best of all, it provides a nice framework for
> managing that complexity.
>
> If you plan on using the POS application under linux, I'd highly suggest
> using a 32 bit distribution, even if you have a 64 bit processor.  Most
> (nearly all it seems) JavaPOS drivers have a native binary component that is
> 32 bit.  While AMD processors can run 32 bit code natively, the binary
> drivers require 32 bit system libraries, etc, which can get a bit
> interesting to set up.
>
> My 2c.
>
> Chris

12345