But the same XML working with HSBC API Server but not with HSBC e-PAS server

But the same XML working with HSBC API Server but not with HSBC e-PAS server

Jame Jane

hi
I am working on Payment Process for HSBC through ClearCommerce.The API
 for HSBC is e-PAS( Payer Authentication Service).

I got all the setup but the problem is that when I send to the HSBC
 e-PAS server
it is going to server but when

Reading  XML Response Document from ClearCommerce sendRequest method
it is showing this error

[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Catch.........1
2008-04-17 00:09:19,686 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor4) [
  ServiceDispatcher.java:411:ERROR] Service Error
 [clearCommerceCCAuth]: Error reading response Document from a String:
 Content is not allowed in prolog.
2008-04-17 00:09:19,686 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor4) [
  TransactionUtil.java:252:ERROR]

---------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

Re: But the same XML working with HSBC API Server but not with HSBC e-PAS server

BJ Freeman
you have me confused.
there is only URL defned in the properties.
can you be more clear an what you are doing?

Jame Jane sent the following on 4/16/2008 5:47 PM:

> hi
> I am working on Payment Process for HSBC through ClearCommerce.The API
>  for HSBC is e-PAS( Payer Authentication Service).
>
> I got all the setup but the problem is that when I send to the HSBC
>  e-PAS server
> it is going to server but when
>
> Reading  XML Response Document from ClearCommerce sendRequest method
> it is showing this error
>
> [Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
> Catch.........1
> 2008-04-17 00:09:19,686 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor4) [
>   ServiceDispatcher.java:411:ERROR] Service Error
>  [clearCommerceCCAuth]: Error reading response Document from a String:
>  Content is not allowed in prolog.
> 2008-04-17 00:09:19,686 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor4) [
>   TransactionUtil.java:252:ERROR]
>

> ---------------------------------
> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

RE: But the same XML working with HSBC API Server but not with HSBC e-PAS server

Christopher L
I'll take a guess...

To me, it sounds like you have credit card auth/capture working with the integration provided in applications/accounting.  It further sounds like you want to get "Payer Authentication Service" (PAS) working with the ClearCommerce PAS API (I don't know what the current name is).

I'm going to assume that the PAS you refer to is the Visa 3d-secure process whereby the cardholder authenticates to Visa directly with a pin.  I believe MC now also supports a similar service.

TMK, I don't believe ofbiz supports, either directly or through an API, either Visa 3D-Secure or its MasterCard analogue.

ClearCommerce (now eFunds) may still offer an API to quickly integrate to e-PAS; however, this should be distinct from their credit card authorization API.  Where the PAS API is integrated is also different than the credit card processing API.  A PAS integration should happen during the checkout process prior to authorization, and would have elements in the presentation layer due to the goal of having the PIN never touch the Merchant.

My work on this product was with a draft version of 3d-secure and probably somewhere around 5 years ago, but that's really not long in the banking industry.  The basics are likely the same.

Disclaimer:  I no longer work at ClearCommerce and I do not represent them, etc.

Chris