Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

Anil Patel
Hi,
I attempting to use USPS service for getting shipping estimates. In the
process I  had to change the name of Root XML element from RateRequest to
RateV2Request and requestType value from Rate to RateV2 in the
UspsServices.java file.  I have never run this service against the live
system so  I am not sure  but,  looks like these modifications should be
made permanent in this file.

If this is true then I can create Jira issue and submit patch.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

David E Jones-2

If things are working correctly this way, then that sounds fine.

Is this because you are pointing to a server with a newer version of
the XML schema or something? It would be good to find out what is
different in your case that is requiring this change.

-David

On Dec 9, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Anil Patel wrote:

> Hi,
> I attempting to use USPS service for getting shipping estimates. In
> the
> process I  had to change the name of Root XML element from
> RateRequest to
> RateV2Request and requestType value from Rate to RateV2 in the
> UspsServices.java file.  I have never run this service against the
> live
> system so  I am not sure  but,  looks like these modifications
> should be
> made permanent in this file.
>
> If this is true then I can create Jira issue and submit patch.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel

Re: Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

Daniel Kunkel
Hi

I talked with USPS when I dug in to the USPS code to get it working. The
RateV2Request had only a few small differences that seemed largely
unimportant. If I remember correctly, one of them was support for a flat
rate box.

I can shared the changes I made to get the USPS working complete with a
weight transformation calculation when necessary.

Daniel

--
Daniel

*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
Have a GREAT Day!

Daniel Kunkel           [hidden email]
BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
Bellevue, WA 98007
800-734-3588    425-895-0050
http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.Illusion-Optical.com
http://www.Card-Offer.com      http://www.RackWine.com
http://www.JokesBlonde.com     http://www.Brain-Fun.com
*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

Re: Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

We recently used it and Rate Request seems to work for us.  Can you
point to anything from UPS that says it should be RateV2Request?

On Dec 9, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Anil Patel wrote:

> Hi,
> I attempting to use USPS service for getting shipping estimates. In
> the
> process I  had to change the name of Root XML element from
> RateRequest to
> RateV2Request and requestType value from Rate to RateV2 in the
> UspsServices.java file.  I have never run this service against the
> live
> system so  I am not sure  but,  looks like these modifications
> should be
> made permanent in this file.
>
> If this is true then I can create Jira issue and submit patch.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel

Best Regards,

Si

Re: Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

Tim Ruppert
I don't know if it was just a misprint on your end, Si (or even
Anil), but what Anil was originally wrote about was the USPS service.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6594

On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Si Chen wrote:

> We recently used it and Rate Request seems to work for us.  Can you
> point to anything from UPS that says it should be RateV2Request?
>
> On Dec 9, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Anil Patel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I attempting to use USPS service for getting shipping estimates.
>> In the
>> process I  had to change the name of Root XML element from
>> RateRequest to
>> RateV2Request and requestType value from Rate to RateV2 in the
>> UspsServices.java file.  I have never run this service against the
>> live
>> system so  I am not sure  but,  looks like these modifications
>> should be
>> made permanent in this file.
>>
>> If this is true then I can create Jira issue and submit patch.
>>
>> Regards
>> Anil Patel
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Si

Re: Change RateRequest to RateV2Request in UspsServices.java

Si Chen-2
Thanks for pointing that out :)

On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> I don't know if it was just a misprint on your end, Si (or even
> Anil), but what Anil was originally wrote about was the USPS service.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6594
>

> On Dec 11, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Si Chen wrote:
>
>> We recently used it and Rate Request seems to work for us.  Can
>> you point to anything from UPS that says it should be RateV2Request?
>>
>> On Dec 9, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Anil Patel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I attempting to use USPS service for getting shipping estimates.
>>> In the
>>> process I  had to change the name of Root XML element from
>>> RateRequest to
>>> RateV2Request and requestType value from Rate to RateV2 in the
>>> UspsServices.java file.  I have never run this service against
>>> the live
>>> system so  I am not sure  but,  looks like these modifications
>>> should be
>>> made permanent in this file.
>>>
>>> If this is true then I can create Jira issue and submit patch.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Anil Patel
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Si