State of OFBiz blogging functionality

byersa
I am getting back to looking at OFBiz blogging software - something
that I originally worked on and since then I believe Hans has made
some significant improvements. I would like to make sure that I know
what is going on inside and outside the project.

I vaguely remember the memo about implementing the specialpurpose
directory. Is that when the community specialized app was removed? Can
it be obtained anywhere?

Does the "forum" subapp under Content represent the closest thing to
blogging within OFBiz?

Is anyone doing more with blogging?

Thanks,

-Al

Re: State of OFBiz blogging functionality

Tim Ruppert
Al, I think that David recently mentioned that the original stuff could
be found in the old SVN repository, but I can't recall where he pointed me.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Al Byers wrote:

> I am getting back to looking at OFBiz blogging software - something
> that I originally worked on and since then I believe Hans has made
> some significant improvements. I would like to make sure that I know
> what is going on inside and outside the project.
>
> I vaguely remember the memo about implementing the specialpurpose
> directory. Is that when the community specialized app was removed? Can
> it be obtained anywhere?
>
> Does the "forum" subapp under Content represent the closest thing to
> blogging within OFBiz?
>
> Is anyone doing more with blogging?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Al

Re: State of OFBiz blogging functionality

Al,

If you are looking for specialized, here it is : https://svn.ofbiz.org/svn/ofbiz/trunk/specialized

Jacques

> Al, I think that David recently mentioned that the original stuff could
> be found in the old SVN repository, but I can't recall where he pointed me.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> Al Byers wrote:
> > I am getting back to looking at OFBiz blogging software - something
> > that I originally worked on and since then I believe Hans has made
> > some significant improvements. I would like to make sure that I know
> > what is going on inside and outside the project.
> >
> > I vaguely remember the memo about implementing the specialpurpose
> > directory. Is that when the community specialized app was removed? Can
> > it be obtained anywhere?
> >
> > Does the "forum" subapp under Content represent the closest thing to
> > blogging within OFBiz?
> >
> > Is anyone doing more with blogging?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Al

Re: State of OFBiz blogging functionality

David E Jones-2

The two main pieces I can think of are the community component in the
specialized directory that Jacques pointed to on the old (Undersun)
SVN server.

That is more recent that the old online doc component, but that also
has some blog functionality in it if nothing else can be found.

-David

On Dec 6, 2006, at 8:43 AM, Al Byers wrote:

> I am getting back to looking at OFBiz blogging software - something
> that I originally worked on and since then I believe Hans has made
> some significant improvements. I would like to make sure that I know
> what is going on inside and outside the project.
>
> I vaguely remember the memo about implementing the specialpurpose
> directory. Is that when the community specialized app was removed? Can
> it be obtained anywhere?
>
> Does the "forum" subapp under Content represent the closest thing to
> blogging within OFBiz?
>
> Is anyone doing more with blogging?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Al

Re: State of OFBiz blogging functionality

Ean Schuessler
On Wednesday 06 December 2006 09:43, Al Byers wrote:

> I am getting back to looking at OFBiz blogging software - something
> that I originally worked on and since then I believe Hans has made
> some significant improvements. I would like to make sure that I know
> what is going on inside and outside the project.
>
> I vaguely remember the memo about implementing the specialpurpose
> directory. Is that when the community specialized app was removed? Can
> it be obtained anywhere?
>
> Does the "forum" subapp under Content represent the closest thing to
> blogging within OFBiz?
>
> Is anyone doing more with blogging?

I'm extending the forum goodness to do some bloggerish stuff. I've also been
sniffing around JForum to see how much existing functionality can be
cannibalized.  They have some pretty nice features going there.

Count me in for discussions on the content system.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
[hidden email]