Connection to PostgreSQL database

subhradeep bhatacharya
Hi,

  I was trying to connect to postgreSql database through ofbiz r484678 but it was giving Unable to load driver - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver. I then copied the postgresql.jar to the path <OfBiz_home>/framework/entity/lib/jdbc. And its starts working fine. This jar was there in OfBiz r5028 ( I think its before Apache come into picture). So I am wondering why the jar is not there in the latest revision or am I doing anything wrong?

  Regards,
  Subhra

---------------------------------

Re: Connection to PostgreSQL database

Jean-Sébastien HEDERER
"subhradeep bhatacharya" a écrit le 13/12/2006 12:34 :

> Hi,
>
>   I was trying to connect to postgreSql database through ofbiz r484678 but it was giving Unable to load driver - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver. I then copied the postgresql.jar to the path <OfBiz_home>/framework/entity/lib/jdbc. And its starts working fine. This jar was there in OfBiz r5028 ( I think its before Apache come into picture). So I am wondering why the jar is not there in the latest revision or am I doing anything wrong?
>
>   Regards,
>   Subhra
>

> ---------------------------------

this driver's license is not compatible with MIT license

Re: Connection to PostgreSQL database

cjhowe
--- Jean-Sébastien Hederer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> this driver's license is not compatible with MIT
> license

That's not correct.  I can't find the reference so I
don't want to say explicitly that they are compatible,
however Freemarker is released under BSD license and
is included in OFBiz.  There was a discussion back in
February to remove jdbc drivers from OFBiz to avoid
database/driver issues.  (ie the deployment using one
Postgres release and the jdbc driver that ships with
OFBiz being based on a different Postgres release)

"Chris Howe" a écrit le 13/12/2006 15:45 :

> --- Jean-Sébastien Hederer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> this driver's license is not compatible with MIT
>> license
>>

> That's not correct.  I can't find the reference so I
> don't want to say explicitly that they are compatible,
> however Freemarker is released under BSD license and
> is included in OFBiz.  There was a discussion back in
> February to remove jdbc drivers from OFBiz to avoid
> database/driver issues.  (ie the deployment using one
> Postgres release and the jdbc driver that ships with
> OFBiz being based on a different Postgres release
I had a memory fault error. license issue was perhaps on another subject

Re: Connection to PostgreSQL database

Solution : Google "postgres jdbc driver dowload"

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Make your choice

Jacques