creating a local repository

David Shere
David Shere here from Steele Rubber Products.  At the recent conference
in Ephriam, one suggestion for some of the questions I had was to create
a "local repository".  I have been researching how to do this and have
run into a wall.  I can't find anything on the ofbiz documentation or
wiki pages.

I have found a resource at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch05s02.html and created a repository
that way.  http://raptor.davidshere.com/repos/ofbiz  This page, however,
lacks any information how how to get any *data* into that repository so
that it can be checked out.

I'd like to create a local repository.   The repository would be svned
to the current version of Ofbiz daily/hourly, and still maintain any
small changes we've made to suit our purposes.  From this repository,
we would check out ofbiz, work with it, and commit changes back if
necessary.  That way we're always working with a fresh, local copy (with
our small changes) when we tackle the development issue of the day.

Do I not understand the purpose and use of a local repository?  Am I
missing a crucial piece of information?

--
David Shere
Steele Rubber Products
http://stores.ebay.com/Steele-Rubber-Products

Re: creating a local repository

Tim Ruppert
David, I'd be happy to talk you thru the process again and explain
what I meant by dealing with the vendor branch, etc.  Just give me a
buzz sometime tomorrow afternoon.
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6594

On Dec 12, 2006, at 8:08 PM, David Shere wrote:

> David Shere here from Steele Rubber Products.  At the recent
> conference in Ephriam, one suggestion for some of the questions I
> had was to create a "local repository".  I have been researching
> how to do this and have run into a wall.  I can't find anything on
> the ofbiz documentation or wiki pages.
>
> I have found a resource at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/
> ch05s02.html and created a repository that way.  http://
> raptor.davidshere.com/repos/ofbiz  This page, however, lacks any
> information how how to get any *data* into that repository so that
> it can be checked out.
>
> I'd like to create a local repository.   The repository would be
> svned to the current version of Ofbiz daily/hourly, and still
> maintain any small changes we've made to suit our purposes.  From
> this repository, we would check out ofbiz, work with it, and commit
> changes back if necessary.  That way we're always working with a
> fresh, local copy (with our small changes) when we tackle the
> development issue of the day.
>
> Do I not understand the purpose and use of a local repository?  Am
> I missing a crucial piece of information?
>
> --
> David Shere
> Steele Rubber Products
> eBay Programming and Sales
> http://stores.ebay.com/Steele-Rubber-Products

Re: creating a local repository

Jacopo Cappellato
David, Tim,

maybe starting from the notes in this (draft) page would help:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/SVN+Tips

If you think the information there are useful, and would like to
correct/integrate/update them, that would be great!

Jacopo

Tim Ruppert wrote:

> David, I'd be happy to talk you thru the process again and explain what
> I meant by dealing with the vendor branch, etc.  Just give me a buzz
> sometime tomorrow afternoon.
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6594
>

> On Dec 12, 2006, at 8:08 PM, David Shere wrote:
>
>> David Shere here from Steele Rubber Products.  At the recent
>> conference in Ephriam, one suggestion for some of the questions I had
>> was to create a "local repository".  I have been researching how to do
>> this and have run into a wall.  I can't find anything on the ofbiz
>> documentation or wiki pages.
>>
>> I have found a resource at
>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch05s02.html and created a
>> repository that way.  http://raptor.davidshere.com/repos/ofbiz  This
>> page, however, lacks any information how how to get any *data* into
>> that repository so that it can be checked out.
>>
>> I'd like to create a local repository.   The repository would be svned
>> to the current version of Ofbiz daily/hourly, and still maintain any
>> small changes we've made to suit our purposes.  From this repository,
>> we would check out ofbiz, work with it, and commit changes back if
>> necessary.  That way we're always working with a fresh, local copy
>> (with our small changes) when we tackle the development issue of the day.
>>
>> Do I not understand the purpose and use of a local repository?  Am I
>> missing a crucial piece of information?
>>
>> --David Shere
>> Steele Rubber Products
>> eBay Programming and Sales
>> http://stores.ebay.com/Steele-Rubber-Products

Re: creating a local repository

Tim Ruppert
Thanks Jacopo - much appreciated.  After my discussion with David -
I'll see which parts are relevant and which parts are specific to
Steel Rubber - and supply more info accordingly.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert