Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Daniel Goodwin
Release 7009, with just seed data.

When trying to receive an item to stock using the
standard Inventory
receive screen with just seed data, I am getting an
error
"You cannot receive inventory items without a
currencyUomId"

I know this is related to a recent change (marked as r
6967 in dev blog)
where the service will attempt to set these if none
given
(a) how can I find changes in jira related to 6967
(b) where do I set a default currency UOM ID (against
facility ..)

Daniel

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Jacopo Cappellato
Daniel,

you can set the currency in the PartyAcctgPreference entity (you have to
use Webtools) for the party that is the owner of the facility.

By the way, are you getting this error running a clean system with seed
data only? Which item are you receiving and in which facility?
Please, give me more information because if there are problems in the
codebase I'd like to fix them.

PS: for your first question (a) you can use a command like this:
svn diff -r 6967:6966

Daniel Goodwin wrote:

> Release 7009, with just seed data.
>
> When trying to receive an item to stock using the
> standard Inventory
> receive screen with just seed data, I am getting an
> error
> "You cannot receive inventory items without a
> currencyUomId"
>
> I know this is related to a recent change (marked as r
> 6967 in dev blog)
> where the service will attempt to set these if none
> given
> (a) how can I find changes in jira related to 6967
> (b) where do I set a default currency UOM ID (against
> facility ..)
>
> Daniel

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Jacopo Cappellato
Ok,

I'm going to try right now... stay tuned!

Jacopo

Daniel Goodwin wrote:

> Receiving a single item GZ-1005 to MyRetailStore using Inventory Receive
> option within facility and then option to receive product only
>

> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> you can set the currency in the PartyAcctgPreference entity (you have to
>> use Webtools) for the party that is the owner of the facility.
>>
>> By the way, are you getting this error running a clean system with seed
>> data only? Which item are you receiving and in which facility?
>> Please, give me more information because if there are problems in the
>> codebase I'd like to fix them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> PS: for your first question (a) you can use a command like this:
>> svn diff -r 6967:6966
>>

>> Daniel Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> Release 7009, with just seed data.
>>>
>>> When trying to receive an item to stock using the
>>> standard Inventory
>>> receive screen with just seed data, I am getting an
>>> error
>>> "You cannot receive inventory items without a
>>> currencyUomId"
>>>
>>> I know this is related to a recent change (marked as r
>>> 6967 in dev blog)
>>> where the service will attempt to set these if none
>>> given
>>> (a) how can I find changes in jira related to 6967
>>> (b) where do I set a default currency UOM ID (against
>>> facility ..)
>>>
>>> Daniel

> *Yahoo! Security Centre*
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security.yahoo.com/>.

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Daniel,

could you please try to import the following entry?

<PartyAcctgPreference partyId="Company" baseCurrencyUomId="USD"/>

You can do this from Webtools->XML Data Import:

just copy the xml snippet inside the text area box and hit the "Submit
text" button.

Can you now receive the inventory?

Please,let me know.

Jacopo

Daniel Goodwin wrote:

> Receiving a single item GZ-1005 to MyRetailStore using Inventory Receive
> option within facility and then option to receive product only
>

> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> you can set the currency in the PartyAcctgPreference entity (you have to
>> use Webtools) for the party that is the owner of the facility.
>>
>> By the way, are you getting this error running a clean system with seed
>> data only? Which item are you receiving and in which facility?
>> Please, give me more information because if there are problems in the
>> codebase I'd like to fix them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> PS: for your first question (a) you can use a command like this:
>> svn diff -r 6967:6966
>>

>> Daniel Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> Release 7009, with just seed data.
>>>
>>> When trying to receive an item to stock using the
>>> standard Inventory
>>> receive screen with just seed data, I am getting an
>>> error
>>> "You cannot receive inventory items without a
>>> currencyUomId"
>>>
>>> I know this is related to a recent change (marked as r
>>> 6967 in dev blog)
>>> where the service will attempt to set these if none
>>> given
>>> (a) how can I find changes in jira related to 6967
>>> (b) where do I set a default currency UOM ID (against
>>> facility ..)
>>>
>>> Daniel

> *Yahoo! Security Centre*
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security.yahoo.com/>.

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Daniel Goodwin
Thanks Jacopo
I can now receive the inventory.

Daniel Goodwin wrote:

Release 7009, with just seed data.

When trying to receive an item to stock using the
standard Inventory
receive screen with just seed data, I am getting an
error
"You cannot receive inventory items without a
currencyUomId"

I know this is related to a recent change (marked as r
6967 in dev blog)
where the service will attempt to set these if none
given
(a) how can I find changes in jira related to 6967
(b) where do I set a default currency UOM ID (against
facility ..)

Daniel

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
*Yahoo! Security Centre*
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security.yahoo.com/>.

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Jacopo Cappellato
Ok,

I've now added this to the demo data of the ecommerce application.
Thanks for your feedback.

Jacopo

Daniel Goodwin wrote:
> Thanks Jacopo
> I can now receive the inventory.

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

David E. Jones

It would be nice if the error message was more explicit (ie said where the information it is looking for should be put, like at least an entity name or something; we have some serious problems with this in lots of places...).

Also, the default currency in general.properties should probably be used if such a thing were missing.

-David

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I've now added this to the demo data of the ecommerce application.
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Jacopo
>
> Daniel Goodwin wrote:
>> Thanks Jacopo
>> I can now receive the inventory.

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

Jacopo Cappellato
David,

thanks for your feedback: I've changed things to work as you have
suggested in rev. 7035.

Jacopo

David E. Jones wrote:

> It would be nice if the error message was more explicit (ie said where the information it is looking for should be put, like at least an entity name or something; we have some serious problems with this in lots of places...).
>
> Also, the default currency in general.properties should probably be used if such a thing were missing.
>
> -David
>

> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Ok,
>>
>> I've now added this to the demo data of the ecommerce application.
>> Thanks for your feedback.
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> Daniel Goodwin wrote:
>>> Thanks Jacopo
>>> I can now receive the inventory.

Re: Dev - Currency UOMId on receiveInventoryItem

David E. Jones

Great, thanks Jacopo. Looks good.

-David