Dev - ecommerce ui labels in ordermgr: r 6629/6649

Dev - ecommerce ui labels in ordermgr: r 6629/6649

Si Chen-2
Jacopo,

I noticed yesterday some ecommerce UI labels missing during ordermgr
checkout and add them back in with r 6649.  Then I realized that it was
because you removed them originally in r 6629.  May I ask why you did
that, and should I not have done what I did?

Si

Re: Dev - ecommerce ui labels in ordermgr: r 6629/6649

David E. Jones

I think the idea was to remove dependencies on ecommerce from the
order component. This has been underway for a long time, and is why
the things that both order and ecommerce use exist in ecommerce.

For the style sheet the proper fix for this should be to copy the
properties that are missing in the maincss.css file from the
ecommain.css file. Yes, this does result in duplication but with
ecommerce styling that is the intent, so that the L&F of ecommerce
can change without affecting the other applications (unless you
explicitly want to change that).

-David

On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> I noticed yesterday some ecommerce UI labels missing during ordermgr
> checkout and add them back in with r 6649.  Then I realized that it
> was
> because you removed them originally in r 6629.  May I ask why you did
> that, and should I not have done what I did?
>
> Si

Re: Dev - ecommerce ui labels in ordermgr: r 6629/6649

Hi Si,

if you don't load the ecommerce component, the order component
application is totally broken now (i.e. you cannot log in etc...)
because the common screen template cannot find the EcommerceUiLabels
resource.
I admit that my solution was too drastic :-)
Maybe we should move the labels used in checkout from ecommerce to the
orders labels and remove the references to the EcommerceUiLabels files.

Jacopo

Si Chen wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> I noticed yesterday some ecommerce UI labels missing during ordermgr
> checkout and add them back in with r 6649.  Then I realized that it was
> because you removed them originally in r 6629.  May I ask why you did
> that, and should I not have done what I did?
>
> Si

Re: Dev - ecommerce ui labels in ordermgr: r 6629/6649

Si Chen-2
Yes, so we should move the UI labels from ecommerce to order and then
reference the order ui labels in ecommerce.  That is a good idea.

Si